What games do you Regret buying in 2008?

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
This year has been an embarrassment of riches for gamers. But amidst all the hoopla, we are prone to make a few bad picks.

What games in 2008 have you regret buying? They don't have to be new games, include old games you finally got around to buying, only to be bitterly disappointed. They don't even have to be "bad" games, some of my games are good titles, but for one reason or another, I regret buying them.

Here's my list:

Mercenaries 2 (boring after a few hours, not worth full price)

Motorstorm (Fun game, til you realize the rubber-band AI makes even 8 minute + races 'photo finish' events... which made me want to punch my TV)

MGS: Portable Ops + (Loved the first one on PSP, but this felt pointless after about 4 hours)

Soul Calibur IV (No idea why I bought this. I blame Best Buy's awesome 50 inch HD displaying the game. I lost interest after one week)

Supreme Commander series
The Settlers (the latest one)
Preorder of FO3 from GS (Because I didn't realize how much evil GS was, not because of FO3)

360: dead or alive
ps3: ace combat 6 need for speed high stakes or whatever it was called. also forza.
pc: half life 2. <3 my orange box though.

Mercenaries 2 keeps bugging out on me in one of the first missions. PoS... Also disappointed with Crysis Warhead.

Legend Hand of God - definitly worst Diablo clone I have ever played ( this was last time i belived in 9 out 9 score in magazine)

Civilization IV. didn't realize turn-based RTS isn't my thing until I played this.

Turning Point Fall of Liberty. Gawd, I can feel a stab of pain just thinking I wasted 1500yen (about $12) for it.:(

Age of Conan
Far Cry 2 (Gogamer had it for $35 shipped, better price for what's lacking)
Blacksite Area 51 (Though I did get it for $5...)

Mercenaries 2
FarCry 2
Crysis: Warhead

I don't really regret AoC that much. It was good fun.

Age of Conan

Top Spin 3 - No idea why I bought this.

Nintendo Wii console and virtually ALL the games I had - The only game I really enjoyed was Super Mario Galaxy. Wario Ware was always a hit when girls would come over. Super Smash Bros was ok but Nintendo's shitty online play pissed me off to no end. I sold my Wii on Ebay yesterday and I really don't miss it at all. Good riddance I'd say.

Age of Conan for sure. 1-20 was fun, but goddamn it was horrible after that.

I guess I lucked out. I dont regret buying any games this year. I actually really enjoy Spore(haters).

Don't think any of these actually came out this year, but i got 'em this year and didn't finish any of these 'cause they either crashed too much or just poorly designed game-play.

Gears of War PC (buggy, very difficult, and didn't like the 3rd-person pov), Assasin's Creed PC (crashed consistantly 10-20 minutes into the game), Painkiller Overdose (PK and BooH are two of my all-time favs, but this one was not well designed or balanced at all - fail), Call of Juarez (very difficult for me for some reason, and poor game-play mechanics).

Hellgate London doesn't quite count as a dissapointment, since i put over 40 hours into it, but the horrible memory leaks, poor performance, and rediculously repetitive gameplay (probably why i don't think FC2 is bad at all :p) prevented me from ever actually finishing single-player. Got up to around 90% and just completely lost interest. Multi-Player was looking like fun, but then it got canned, so i guess that's a little dissapointing.

BIAHH not because it is a bad game but only because it runs like ass on my PC and I need to upgrade my CPU sigh....

SPORE!!!!!!!!
Age of conan
UT3

BTW also bought Frontlines: Fuels of war and regretted it at first but with the latest update, i'm VERY glad i bought it!! Great game now.

i actually don't regret anything off the top of my head mainly because i didnt have the money to buy much of anything other than the bargain bin games...finally bought the witcher lol.

i managed to get a chance to try most of the newer games and i wasnt that impressed so i didn't bother. i think i'd regret them all if i tried, hasnt been much worthwhile in 2008.

i might pick up FC2 and dead space though....

Age of Conan
HGL (was that 2008?)
Played a lot of both, but still a waste and now both are basically dead.

I also bought Spore, and yeah, but the gf likes it so not a total loss.

Cool games I've bought:
steam: audiosurf, orange box, max payne 1&2
WAR
farcry2
EVE subscriptions
Sins of a Solar Empire

i have the witcher, cod4, crysis, and now fallout 3

dont regret any !

Bioshock, am a good ways in and just cannot get myself to finish the game. I try every so often to load the game but I just end up quiting after about five minutes.

I'm actually enjoying Farcry 2 for all its faults though I'm annoyed that I caved and paid full price for a game....I always wait for a price drop or used copy.

I got STALKER:SoC for $10, Crysis for $18, FEAR: Platinum for $20, and Dawn of War: Gold for $5 so far this year so I think I'm doing pretty well. Currently hunting for a cheap used Bioshock...not paying a penny over $15 shipped though.

Stalker SoC. I know it was released before 2008, but I was excited for Clear Sky and I thought I would play through the original. Unfortunately it turned out to be the buggiest game I have ever played.

EDIT:Forgot Hellgate London. I used to like it, now I put it in the closet because I hate it.

Bring on the flails, but I have to say -- Mass Effect. Little replayability in my eyes, and no modding potential whatsoever. Fail, Bioware.

So far:

Spore
Far Cry 2

Good buys:
COD4
Crysis
Assassins Creed
Civ IV Beyond the Sword
TESIV Oblivion (yeah I am slow, so what)
Word in Conflict

Not too bad.

Rainbow Sis Vegas. there was a drought for new FPS' and i needed something i hadn't tried yet so i picked it up at BB for $20. still haven't completed the first mission. for some reason i just can't get into the recent tom clancy games. i played the hell out of raven shield back in the day, but the new ones feel like something is missing (this subject has been beaten to death).

I really don't have any regrets either. Gamefly FTW !!! Try before buy is my new motto. The only game I bought site unseen (hands on playable that is) is Fallout 3 and it was well worth it.

Wait... hold the phone... I just remembered one regretful purchase:

GTAIV - I overall enjoyed the game but its piss-poor performance left a bad taste in my mouth and I traded it off after beating it.

Probably the realism.

ha yeah that's probably it. it feels more arcade like. i dig arcade style FPS' but i think you gotta go all or nothing. new tom clancy games feel like a bastard child in the middle trying to be a little of both.

Spore
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Farcry 2

My Fav's:
Portal (biggest surprise to me just how much I enjoyed this game)
Crysis Warhead
Enemy Territory Quake Wars (Can't stop playing!)
BioShock

I have to agree with Wii console and any games for it. My kids don't even play the darn thing.

Assassins creed is another one. I just couldn't get myself to finish that game. It became so repetitive that it killed all of the fun.

Back