What games do you have preordered?

The only reason to pre order is to make sure you get it day 1. But now everything is digital so there’s no stock to run out of. If you buy day 1 instead of pre offering you don’t run any risks and you still get the game day 1. If a company has to offer pre order stuff like skins, that’s a red flag for me anyways since their game qualify should be the reason you buy a game, not the extra crap. Not to mention games that have skins and cosmetics generally keep that trend going after the game is released and I’m not about to buy a bunch of digital boxes to make my characters and weapons sparkle.

Maybe BL3, but the pre-order stuff is half crap (heads, clothes, etc) and the $99 one has season pass, the $79 does not, so very torn. Plus it's going to be EGS for 6 months, tried that when BL3 said it was going to be an exclusive, didn't like what it did to my pc, de-installed it and will wait.

Probably the next Assassin's Creed, still playing Odyssey, have 150hrs so far.

There are some developers who deserve your all your money others are just too much of a gamble.
The only thing I get out of perordering is having the game show up in the launch application =)
It used to be about getting that CD to install but then the game was outdated by the time you bought it.

Cyberpunk 2077, even if I hated the Witcher 3 I want to support companies who are committed to single player and don't pander to social justice. But since I'm cheap I pre ordered trough cdkeys, but I still get a GOG key, so at least most of the money goes to them.

I pre-ordered Fallout 76.

Sigh. A fool and their money, I know. But I am a serious die-hard fallout fan. In spite of that, I didn't read up much on what it was, and just ticked that box.

Lesson learned.

I pre-ordered Fallout 76.

Sigh. A fool and their money, I know. But I am a serious die-hard fallout fan. In spite of that, I didn't read up much on what it was, and just ticked that box.

Lesson learned.

1l4ao8.jpg

I never preorder anything, always wait to reviews first before purchasing any product.

Discounts or receiving a bonus when preordering doesn't entice me either.

I've pre-ordered a few for various reasons. Discounts can help depending on the price and if I know I want it already (beta etc).

Guild Wars 1 - 10 dollars contributed towards final cost giving me 6 weekends of pre play and beta testing.
Guild Wars 2 - Loved the first and they earned it, I was not disappointed.
Orange Box - Must have TF2.
Evolve - Discounted sale, game was amazing in Beta and after launch. Then they fell so hard they went through the ground.
Overwatch - Discounted sale. Great up front then updated to oblivion.
Cities Skylines - Only good SimCity 4 successor.
Star Citizen - Desperately want the game. Happy with what I have spent so if they fail oh well.

I'll pre order but am very picky about it. Guild Wars 2 is the only full priced one I pre ordered without trying and they delivered and earned it. Star Citizen is a game I really want to play, while getting better at releases their management issues are depressing but I "invested" what I was okay loosing so meh.

None. Pre-ordering games tells the publisher that you would rather purchase their marketing than their products.

Fallout 4 for the pip boy set
The original knights of the old republic to get the letter opener.

If I preorder, it better come with something I’ll enjoy even if the game sucks.

I haven't pre-ordered anything but my most anticipated titles remaining for 2019 are- Doom Eternal, Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, GreedFall, Surge 2 and MH: World Iceborne expansion (January 2020 for PC)...and a separate mention for CoD: Modern Warfare 2019 which I'm embarrassed to admit I'm actually looking forward to for the first time in a decade

Over a decade ago I pre-ordered Team Fortress 2 (The Orange Box), just to get into the TF2 Beta three weeks prior to launch. (10/10/2007) That was the only time, but there were a couple of crowd-funded games I supported and never made it to actual release.

I always thought the entire "pre-order thingy" was console-game based- simply to guarantee you'd get a physical copy on release day. I remember pulling my hair out in the early 90s trying to find Super Star Wars on the SNES- and I wished I'd pre-ordered it then.

Back