What games are you currently playing from the Steam sale?

Portal 2 and Just Cause 2. JC2 has been a blast so far, I've put about 15 hours into it. Not bad for a $5 purchase.

Killing Floor is all I have played since the sale. Didn't buy much this round though, also bought Stalker Clear Sky and Deus Ex. I still need to catch up on the games I bought back during the December sale.

Heroes of Might and Magic V. Really enjoying the game. Put 14 hours into the game and only on the first of six campaigns so far.

Killing Floor. Man this game rocks. Went back to Street Fighter 4 AE too...

Damn all the rave reviews of Killing Floor are making me feel like I'm missing out and should have picked it up. I always thought it was just a cheaper knockoff of L4D.

Splinter Cell

I actually have several games from last year's sale still, but since the Splinter Cell pack came with 4 games, I figured I might as well play one of them first before moving on to other games.

I purchased only one game therefor devoting all my time.... NOT to it.

I purchased Borderlands: GOTY edition, however, I have been playing alot of Shogun 2 as of late.

portal 2, magicka, and sanctum - i never heard of this game until the sale and I really enjoy it. For some reason I really love the simplicity of tower d games...

I played a little of Solar 2 last night after I finally got around to putting together a replacement chair (throne :D) for my desk. I'll play some more of the retarded amount of games I bought
after I install my new Velociraptor and figure out how to move the Steam folder to the new drive....

Splinter Cell

I actually have several games from last year's sale still, but since the Splinter Cell pack came with 4 games, I figured I might as well play one of them first before moving on to other games.

Me too, I'm on Double Agent only Conviction to go.

Doom 3 right now.... also got Doom 3 Resurrection and Dead Space 2.

Killin' the zombies in outer space!

I'll probably start DS2 tommorow. Gotta love them Steam sales!

My last day last second purchases, as per the advice of forum member QB-Z, were the two DLCs for New Vegas for $3 each. I ended up loading up one of my saved games before the endgame and played from there. Along with finishing the two DLCs and going back through to do quite a few side quests and finish the story in a different way (doing House's bidding), I added an extra 25 hours of game time. Definitely worth it!

Trying to decide what to play next on my queue. Maybe I'll find a good suggestion in this thread.

I'm still playing the Serious Sam HD series from the last sale, but I also started a campaign of the first Far Cry and Half-Life that I intend to finish before starting anything new. Next on the list is Portal 2 and which ever one of the two I'm currently playing make me want to play the second installment next, which so far it will be HL2; but FC might pick up it's pace soon.

F1 2010 and omg does this game piss me off so bad.I play it on amateur level with everything but automatic on full realism. I suck at it but I enjoy it. Just got to the second race and was starting to get a hang of the driving....sitting at about 18th place with a handful of laps to go and these fucking assholes in the top 5-7 positions keep coming up and I get run off the track because of this god damn blue flag rule.

3 fucking laps left...fuck pos.

Doom 3 right now.... also got Doom 3 Resurrection and Dead Space 2.

Killin' the zombies in outer space!

I'll probably start DS2 tommorow. Gotta love them Steam sales!

Try this for Doom 3 (details here).

Re DS2, I hear they kind of fucked it up with the latest patch, by giving you all the DLC items for free at the very start of the game... But you can register your DS2 key on EADM, which apparently still installs v1.0. Trying it out as we speak.

I'm too engulfed in the SW:ToR beta. :(

I would be if the fucking patcher would fucking work! lol I was invited a month ago and I still can't get it to finish. I'm not the only one it seems either, and they can't fix it argg!

i havent played a game on steam for well over a year maybe 2 not that i think about lol

but i keep buying more and more when i see a good sale

lol

I bought these games:

Borderlands - GOTY+DLC's
Half Life 1 pack
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
ID Super Pack

Currently playing Left 4 Dead 2 and a bit of Half Life

Try this for Doom 3 (details here).

Thanks - downloading now.

EDIT: Installed....Wow, nice! Many thanks!!!!

Try this Re DS2, I hear they kind of fucked it up with the latest patch, by giving you all the DLC items for free at the very start of the game... But you can register your DS2 key on EADM, which apparently still installs v1.0. Trying it out as we speak.

Good to know. I will register it. I haven't started this one yet. Acually, I got a new mouse (Logitech G700) so I can utilize the side buttons (I couldn't with my Akari Laser.... long story). I am looking forward to this title as I loved the first one.

Thanks for the tips!
Cheers

Last edited:
I am playing the Alien Breed series.

I also purchased Just Cause 1&2, Assasinins Creed 1&2, DNF, and Hydrophobia.

Just finished Wolfenstein. I'm glad I waited til it was $20 cause it wasn't that great. Didn't suck and had some really good combat but the storyline was kinda nonexistent and the graphics were run of the mill. Had a super impossible drawn out boss at the end so I just watched the end movie in Youtube and called it a day. Ill probably fire it up in about a year and play it again but not before then.

Damn all the rave reviews of Killing Floor are making me feel like I'm missing out and should have picked it up. I always thought it was just a cheaper knockoff of L4D.

It kind of is being an "indie" developed title. The founders of Tripwire did some competition or something to mod unreal tournement and won 2 licences to make games on the unreal engine (2 and 3 I think). One was red orcestra and the other was killing floor. It doesn't have the consistant quality of l4d but it's more fun to play, and the people playing the multiplayer are nothing like the crappy community most of valves games seem to aquire... Its also quite a bit more difficult to start off with (even on "hard" l4d is pretty easy but most people play killing floor on beginner and get massacred :D).

Anyone into SupCom 2? I just got it and feel lost, even though I loved TA and Supcom 1. I played MUCH more of TA, though.

Does anybody own Metro 2033?

Is it a good game? I am thinking of getting it the next time there is a Steam sale, it is only $19.99 now but i'm ok with waiting for a sale.

Any opinions??

Is it a good game? I am thinking of getting it the next time there is a Steam sale, it is only $19.99 now but i'm ok with waiting for a sale.

Any opinions??

Yes, yes, if you like that kind of thing. Its kind of slower than most shooters, and does take much more hardware to fully enjoy. Its not perfect, but it does have atmosphere and is worth a playthrough even if it's not your kind of thing. Just don't expect nonstop frantic guns blazing action and you wont be disspointed :D

Only game I bought was Terraria and so far I've had a lot of fun with it lol

Any opinions??

I believe I paid $25 for it when it first went on sale a few months after release. I would have felt like I got my money's worth if I had paid $10 or less, because I beat it on normal in 10 hours and had zero desire to replay it on a different difficulty or to unlock achievements.

In NWN, I had already started the OC, but found some mods to enhance the look of it and things, but it's not showing up. Do I have to start it again for them to take effect?

Back