What game would you like to see revived?

Driver 1 with today's graphics and cars, but its original physics, those were nuts.

Also quake 2 with quake 4 graphics, I don't want quake 4, I just want them to redo quake 2 brick by brick in a new engine, with the same guns, the same maps, the same storyline.

Vampire: The Masquerade. Wouldn't mind multiplayer, but definitely not an MMO

Baldurs gate!!!! They could call it whatever they wanted as long as they kept the gameplay and mechanics the same.

Freespace
Tie Fighter/X-Wing
Betrayal at Krondor
Terminal Velocity/Fury

Zork

On a serious note:
Myth, I enjoy that tactical RTS style.
Also, Starfleet Command, they dropped the ball with 3; but I'd like to see them take another crack at it. There's such potential with that concept, I'd hate see it dropped.

I want to see Warcraft 4. I loved all the warcraft RTSs and I still play WC3 today.

Monkey Island using new cry engine, BF1942 (just like the original, but improved graphics), Chronicles of Riddick:EFBB, No One Lives Forever, and Alien Trilogy (loved this game, it was the first game I bought for the Playstation, always got lost but the game was creepy as hell!)

Revenant

Giants Citizen Kabuto

Freespace/Freelancer.

Awesome game, great fighting style. Good call.

I'd love to see another Police Quest, not like SWAT or the FPS style. Taking down the bad guy with a lighter and some hairspray ftw :) Also another vote for a revamped BF1942. To think the hitbox still leaves so much to be desired in it's current release. I'd even settle for a beefed up BF:BC for the PC.

Roadrash...updated to modern graphics.:cool:

Now this is an awesome idea!

Definitely +1 for NOLF series

Unreal: With DM_Falkenstein included, updated in all its beautiful glory!

Anachranox

Quake (Isn't there a high def Open GL pack or somethin... or texture pack?)

Clive Barker's Undying!

And as anime4u said: System Shock (1 and 2) would be legit!

AvP 2. Basically just better graphics, since storyline and gameplay are already top notch. Or they could just make AvP 3, but I'm not getting my hopes up :(

Clive Barker's Undying. Better graphics and a different ending. The first 3/4 of the game was just fantastic, but the end was not that good IMO.

Terminal Velocity. One of my favorite games of the genre. Would really like to see it revamped with better graphics.

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - would be awesome this generation
Act Raiser
Vigilante 8 series

Myth , brought back by bungie. It'd be nice, though now Take2 owns the rights and I'm doubtful it'll ever happen, especially since bungie seems to have moved to console only.

Severance, my favorite melee combat game. It WAS going to have a sequel but the dev's went under. It's such a shame more people don't know about this game or that other developers haven't played it, because it had one of the best melee combat systems I've played and yet no other game really comes close to it or even tries to, they all seem content with wishy washy combat mechanics like Oblivion/jedi knight,etc.

Wish EA could have gotten BF1942 right. It has gone in just the wrong direction.

Agreed, loved this game idea, they have gone in so many directions with it, but seems none of the releases have the game play right. The modern Combat was alot of fun if you could get past the 13 year olds ruining the game experience.

Flashback/Out of this world
Rise of the Triad
King's Quest
Baldur's Gate
X-Wing/Tie Fighter

Monkey Island using new cry engine

I totally agree.

I don't think I ever tried to figure out the puzzles. I just got the walkthrough and laughed my way to the end.

*tries to figure what item to combine the rubber chicken with the pulley in the middle with...

Another one for Tribes. And also Quake 2, specifically Q2CTF. Everything the same with an updated graphics engine and slight tweaks. Also, a large player base would be great to boot. Although, I think if they did do this somehow, they would both have a naturally large player base.

I would like to see Metal Gear Solid done with MGS 4 graphics.

Baldur's Gate
Mechwarrior
Vampire the Masquerade
X-com
Steel Panthers
Master of Magic
No One Lives Forever
Space Hulk
X-Wing/Tie Fighter
Wing Commander
Panzer General

definitely another Dungeon Keeper.

First one was better than the second, i think.

Back