What game would get you to buy a console?

Couple of ducks have to be in a row before I would buy a second console.
1. The console I currently have has no games on it that I want to play. Since I have a PS4, this is not going to happen.
2. The console under consideration has at least 3 exclusive games that I am interested in.

So, the only console in the running would be something from Nintendo, the Switch or a 3DS. But there is no single game that would cause me to purchase a console. The exception might be a launch console, but in the past I have always waited until a launch console had a couple of games or more I really wanted to play.

Any Naughty Dog game would get me to buy a Playstation, just like Uncharted 4 was when I first got my PS4. But Sony has been killing it with exclusives since then too and I upgraded to a PS4 Pro with a 4K TV bundle deal and that's pretty much all I've been playing on for the past year between Horizon Zero Dawn, Until Dawn, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Bloodborne, Nioh (initially an exclusive), God of War, and now Detroit: Become Human, and the handful of good non-exclusive or older games (Mad Max, Beyond Two Souls, Ratchet and Clank, etc.) I got through PS Plus, I haven't had any time to touch my PC or any of the comparatively weak games that have come out on it recently.

I've been wanting to get a Switch since it launched too, but for only 2-3 games that's worth buying on it and with all of it's current shortcomings (no BT headphone support, save backups, no virtual console games, weakish battery, overpriced accessories, etc.), I think I'll wait for the next revision when some more games and better hardware are available.

Last edited:
Persona 5 got me to snag a PS4 slim and nearly 200 hours of time spent on it later I don't regret the purchase.

Yep, I'm a sucker. ;)

A sucker with too much disposable income.....

Historically, I have never bought any console just for 1 single game.

If there are any games that would cause me to do that, would be a RE2 remake or a FFV/VI remake in the style of FF7 remake.

However, with the way games are heading towards PC these days (even Monster Hunter for example), I honestly doubt those will be console exclusives.

But, I am on the fence about PS4, so they might push me over.

I bought my first console for Bloodborne...sold it a year later after playing it multiple times (including DLC)...also played all the Uncharted games and Last of Us...would buy a PS4 Pro if Bloodborne 2 is ever announced

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and it was made, and I bought a switch!

I just bought a New 2DS XL for the mario/zelda stuff. I also tried out Yoshi's Wolly World from the library & it's been awesome. I haven't had so much fun on a console in ages.

Well, I don't hate consoles. I just don't see the value in them anymore. However, I will get a Switch when Bayonetta 3 comes out.

I'm mostly a PC gamer, but I just bought a console (New 2DS XL) because I need something I can take on a plane.

My next console will also be portable....Probably whatever is the follow-up that still play my 3DS games. Or maybe a Switch, but games would have to get significantly cheaper. Games over $10 are a hard sell to me...

Back