What game? What game? Oh look at the time.

Not really. I usually have 3-10 games on deck. So I keep making progress slowly. Unless a game grabs me by the balls and then I finish it. Every month I try to finish 1-3 games. Sometimes I finish none. As long as I am enjoying the game that is all that matters.

As for time. Usually it is weekends that I play. Weekdays is incredibly hard plus I don’t have energy. I spend weekdays on stupid shows and random movies to put me to sleep.

Keep trying to make progress in games. Sometimes it’s a checkpoint, sometimes it is a round of BF2042 or MW2 and sometimes its dedication to completing a mission or a chapter. It’s all fun at the end of the day.

Have you ever had time to play a game and you end up spending most of the time deciding what game to play? Once decided, you find that your free time is almost done.
There are tools that pick a random game from your libraries on various platforms. You can even tell it to ignore games you already played or filter out specific games. The Xbox consoles have this feature built in.
Not really. I usually have 3-10 games on deck. So I keep making progress slowly. Unless a game grabs me by the balls and then I finish it. Every month I try to finish 1-3 games. Sometimes I finish none. As long as I am enjoying the game that is all that matters.

As for time. Usually it is weekends that I play. Weekdays is incredibly hard plus I don’t have energy. I spend weekdays on stupid shows and random movies to put me to sleep.

Keep trying to make progress in games. Sometimes it’s a checkpoint, sometimes it is a round of BF2042 or MW2 and sometimes its dedication to completing a mission or a chapter. It’s all fun at the end of the day.
Funnily enough, I started floating between games recently and this has helped me play games more. I used to stick to one game because I hated trying to get acclimated to different mechanics and remembering what progress I made previously, but I think with the absurd length of games these days it causes me to get burnt out. The other night during the weekend I ended up playing 4 different games during the day and had more fun than I think I have in a long time.

I started playing like 4 games recently-ish, high on life, hogwarts, atomic heart, and war thunder.

Every day now I just never touch anything but I sit there and think about it on and off for hours.

I end up playing Doom/Doom2/Heretic instead.

i'm terrible for being indecisive with games. the older i get the less patience i seem to have for newer games.
I put off playing the RE4 remake until last week and it ended up annoying the hell out of me. For some reason, everything about the gameplay mechanics feel wrong to me, so I wasn't having any fun. I dropped it after a couple hours and don't know when I'll get back to it. Conversely, I played RE3 remake for the first time afterward and ended up having a lot of fun with that one. But that experience with RE4 is the reason why I am so hesitant these days to try new games and usually end up playing old games, or remasters of old games.

Usually I'm good at planning on what my next game is before I finish my current game, but there are times when I'll download a couple from my backlog and play a few of their intro portions hoping one 'clicks'.

Have you ever had time to play a game and you end up spending most of the time deciding what game to play? Once decided, you find that your free time is almost done.

Only for the past five years or so. XD
Same. To make things worst some times I buy a new game after several hours and only have like 10 minutes to play it before bed lol.

Lately I have been defaulting to youtube and old Indy games if I can't decide in the first few minutes. Something like FTL or Guild of Dungeoneering on one screen and Try Channel on the other.

I have had this problem ever since I started using Steam and my back log began.. Then you get the giant game list from Epic, Xbox Game Pass and PlayStation Plus... I usually just default to some stupid game that is mindless and easy.

I have this problem from time to time although the reasons can vary. It tends to boil down to one thing, though, too much of a good thing. Having dozens or even hundreds of games to choose from can mess up the decision making process. Games being given away or sold very cheaply means most of us end up with very long backlogs of games we're not even sure we might enjoy. When games were more expensive (relatively speaking) and more difficult to get (pre-Steam and other digital storefronts) we were more likely to take the time to research games to increase the chances of acquiring games which would be enjoyable.

I find myself quite often purchasing games which are pretty damn cheap (usually somewhat older games) even though I know there's a good chance I may never play it. I know I already have a long backlog that I feel "guilty" for not working through but I continue to add games to it.

The only way out of this problem is to pick a game, download it and play it. I've done this recently and it's been great because I've played a number of games I've had a blast with. Some of them I was 99% sure I'd like but still put off playing for one reason or another until I said enough is enough. "Wasting time" starting a game you end up disliking is better than not playing something at all. And it's likely that the overall wasted time is much less than spending time trying to make a decision. Besides, even if you dislike the choice the process of elimination will make your next choice easier.

For me, I usually have a major new release or older 5-star game I want to play every 4-6 weeks. Trick is, sometimes those games are short and/or broken and I'm stuck with nothing for a stretch. That's usually when I hunt through Gamepass trying to find something appealing. That doesn't always work, though. That's usually when I end up replaying a Dark Souls or Resident Evil game again for the dozenth time.

same thing hit me in 2020. i finished 1 game in 5 years. now i quit game in 4 hours or finish it. 90% of my time on 1 game. i only mix in a little online FPS.

i started the wither 3 about 4 time and never gave it a shot. same with RDR2. when i stuck to one game i ending being blown away by both of them. it was like playing HL2 for the first time. some games get dull but i never regret finishing them even if i rush to get it over.

Only on very rare occasions.

I had this problem for a pretty short period of time.

The short version is that making a decision is better than not making a decision if you want to actually play games (or watch things on Netflix as another example). The “secret” for my brain was simply giving myself permission to bail out if I wasn’t interested. It’s led to me finding and watching stuff I may never have bothered with. And it has also let me stop watching something after 10-15 minutes that was full of tropes and/or annoying/bad for any number of reasons.

Games wise it’s mostly the same way. But for me I usually only play 1 game at a time. And I don’t stop until I’ve either beaten it or I’ve moved on out of disinterest or whatever. The decision process then only has to happen once in a while.

Pretty much same here, except I don't have any numerical goal for playing games and just know what's current and next in my queue at all times. I will only play 1 game at a time usually too, not counting local multiple games I play with the fam when we play. My other hobby is running and cycling, as I like to train for marathons and road/gravel cycling events. So my time is pretty limited for games.

With how many stellar games are out now and release event year, I can't imagine how someone wouldn't know what to play unless it's just pure decision paralysis of what's available in their current library. Until recently, I very rarely buy games at launch, but with the bangers that have launched in the past 9 months (God of War, Dead Space Remake, RE4 Remake, Forbidden West DLC, and now Zelda), I had to splurge for them. I kinda subsidize the Sony exclusives with my PlayStation credit card that has pretty much paid for all those games in points I've earned at least.

Last edited:
I've reached the conclusion that if I have to think too hard about which game to play or what fun thing to do, then I should probably be doing something productive instead. After enough work, I find that I'm satisfied with just about any game.

It used to be easy for me... Is just play whatever mmorpg I was invested in at the time, and keep maybe 1 singleplayer game aside from that. Now that the mmo market is stale, I find myself debating what to play much more often as I catch up on the last 20 years' worth of games :ROFLMAO:.

I save myself that trouble by usually only playing one game at a time... maybe two ;p.

I have a backlog of thousands of games, many of which I actually do consciously want to play, but end up playing the same games I'm bored of, over and over.

I realized that this only happens when I really dont WANT to play a game, Im just bored.

Pick up a different hobby for a bit and wander away from computers when in downtime, youll spend more time doing something new and less time in "bored" lock.

I realized that this only happens when I really dont WANT to play a game, Im just bored.

Pick up a different hobby for a bit and wander away from computers when in downtime, youll spend more time doing something new and less time in "bored" lock.
I'm going through this right now. Been a week. Haven't logged a single hour. For whatever reason, World of Warships has been hitting my YouTube feed. No idea why. Been about a year since I've played. When the time comes around, maybe I'll play that a little bit. I recall it being fun for a month or so at a time.

I waste an embarassing amount of time thinking of what games to play. But like others said above, as I get older I find it better to just play multiple games at once. Been playing Tekken 7, NieR, and Kingdom Come Deliverance lately. I try to pick games that don't have much in common with eachother so I still remember what I was doing and how the mechanics work.

Last month it was Tekken 7, The Last of Us and Code Vein.

The amount of time I've wasted on deciding on what game to play is simply sickening. Like Nytegard above I now have thousands of games so to many choices is most likely my problem. Back when I could only afford one or two PC or PlayStation games every 3 or 4 months I would play those games until I could finally afford another one.

I'm doing it right now. Been playing World of Warships, but I'm all done with it. The grind is up there. The PvP is mandatory. I just can't do it. I'm so bad at it. Gets me all pissed off like I am now.

There isn't a single game in my library or on sale that interests me.

Not quite, but when it comes to board games, a hobby I got into 4 years ago, I find myself frequently setting up on the table and then abandoning the game.
Some games take 15-20 minutes just to set up before starting to play and by that time I get so bored and just go to my PC or PS5. I guess I'm just too used to firing up the game and playing immediatelly so my patience disappears pretty fast.
Also, pretty much every board game has its own unique rules, it takes time to read and learning the rules.

Quite honestly I've never had an issue deciding what game I play at any time. I find a good mixture of games keeps me from dropping into the pit of what I should play. Fallout 3 one day, Cyberpunk 2077 the next.

Quite honestly I've never had an issue deciding what game I play at any time. I find a good mixture of games keeps me from dropping into the pit of what I should play. Fallout 3 one day, Cyberpunk 2077 the next.
I've been having Cyberpunk 2077 for over a yr. I happened to get it for 19 only but should I start playing it now or wait for the expansion?

I've been having Cyberpunk 2077 for over a yr. I happened to get it for 19 only but should I start playing it now or wait for the expansion?

Cyberpunk 2077 in it's current state is very playable and I haven't had one single oddity occurr since the last couple of patches. If you have it fully patched then fire it up and have fun!

Cyberpunk 2077 in it's current state is very playable and I haven't had one single oddity occurr since the last couple of patches. If you have it fully patched then fire it up and have fun!
You mean you don't see the cars disappearing in the distance in the desert anymore?
You also don't see people clipping and walking over each other?

Cars disappearing far off in the distance doesn't bug me. Haven't witnessed clipping for awhile.

Well I heard people saying there's going to be a huge update to the base game once liberty releases? I didn't want to play base if there's going to be a major update when liberty comes?

Well I heard people saying there's going to be a huge update to the base game once liberty releases? I didn't want to play base if there's going to be a major update when liberty comes?

Everytime a new update arrives I start a new game. Doesn't keep me from enjoying the game in it's current state.

I too have been waiting for phantom liberty before i do my first playthrough of cyberpunk. Which has been tough because i really enjoy cd projekt red games.

Everytime a new update arrives I start a new game. Doesn't keep me from enjoying the game in it's current state.
Unfortunately I don't have the time to replay the same game more than once lol I'll prob just wait for liberty to release I got a few other games I can play before.

Back