What Game or Series would you like to see brought back to Life this Year?

It’s been almost 20 years since HL2. I’m never going to play the VR game since VR unfortunately makes me violently ill.

There was a Oculus Quest returned at Walmart the reason was made them Dizzy.

Last edited:
It could never live up to the expectations or hype, anyway, if they tried to make it...
Tired of hearing this line across the internet. This is no reason to not make a game. If this was always used as an excuse nothing good would ever be made again.

Castlevania is rebooted it's just called Bloodstained due to the IP and the various rights. I'd take a classic 2D retro style Ninja Gaiden though.

Those are fine, but are more just successors to SOTN and the similar 3DS titles. With Castlevania, I want more of a modern take (like Lords of Shadow was shooting for) rather than another SOTN Metroid-Vania game.

Those are fine, but are more just successors to SOTN and the similar 3DS titles. With Castlevania, I want more of a modern take (like Lords of Shadow was shooting for) rather than another SOTN Metroid-Vania game.
I'm in the minority who thought the 3D titles before LoS were fantastic. CV64 is one of my favorite titles in the series.

Absolutely nothing because I have no confidence they would get anything right in the current game and corporate atmosphere.
This is an unfortunate but realistic take on the situation. I can't think of anything that could be done properly at this point. I'd rather those long lost franchises stay lost and in our memories rather than ruined and bastardized into some overly monetized, micro-transaction laden, politically correct shit show.

Hexen, No One Lives Forever, SHOGO, X-Wing, Bioforge, Wing Commander, Star Trek Armada, and Descent all come to mind. Of course some of those had "spiritual" successors but they've never quite hit the same mark as the originals.
Man could you imagine Descent built on the UE5 engine? My god the fun that would be.

Hexen, No One Lives Forever, SHOGO, X-Wing, Bioforge, Wing Commander, Star Trek Armada, and Descent all come to mind. Of course some of those had "spiritual" successors but they've never quite hit the same mark as the originals.
NOLF/2 are maybe the only games that I play without muting the music.

Reactions: noko
like this
I just want Heretic II to be made available digitally...

One of them is a SOTN style the other two are classic styles. Lords of Shadow, I hated it. Enough people hated the modern take that it blew up the series and now it's dead. Which is why the old teams from the originals and the SOTN game bolted and created Bloodstained. So GG LOS for killing a franchise and helping destroy Konami!

Metal Gear (from Hideo only).
Silent Hill.
Half Life.
Glad to see the Dead Space remake, or would say that too.

I would love to see a new Supreme Commander game, or even a new Total Annihilation game (which is what Supreme Commander was based on). I don't even care if it has a new UI or new Textures. All I want is for it to have a new AI that isn't terrible; one that doesn't try to build mostly land units on an sea/island map, etc.

How about "Rise of the Triad"? I remember wasting many hours on that game many years ago. (y)

Vampire the Masquerade 2 is supposedly coming out eventually, but if not i'd like to see some more games set in that world like the first one.

How about "Rise of the Triad"? I remember wasting many hours on that game many years ago. (y)

Vampire the Masquerade 2 is supposedly coming out eventually, but if not i'd like to see some more games set in that world like the first one.
There have been something like 10 games set in the "Vampire: The Masquerade" universe, including 6 just in the past two years.

I'm not a big fan of remakes, but the OG DeusEx desperately needs to be remade, and not by the loosers at nightdive, who couldn't put together system shock in how many years?

That article is compeltely baseless and also old. Valve has released updates to their VR software since then. And there have been plenty of leaks proving Valve is working on new VR hardware called "Deckard".

There is nothing on if they're working on a new HL game for it though. Gabe has shown a lot of interest in brain computer interfaces and they have plans to make them work with their VR headsets in the future. I think we'll see a new HL game using that.

Hehe The other poster already answered pretty much about it, but i meant games like VTM 1 but updated. While they may be a little fun the current Vampire the Masquerade games are really nothing like the old one.

Silent Storm, WW2 turned based tactical game. Buggy game but the physics in the game were amazing. I can't think of a game in that genre that has done as well with the bullet physics.

Another vote for Tribes, sequels did nothing for me. VtM Bloodlines sequel would be great as well.

Ahh checked, another Dino game from Capcom with characters that looked really close!
Ja, Exoprimal has a person from the Dino Crisis team involved, but it has no connection at all to the Dino Crisis universe.

Back