What game killed your console?

halo 3 right now. its not a RROD but it just freezes on boot for no reason. So new 360 for me (i dont want to pay to get it replaced id rather get a new one)

I got a new 360 a few months ago, and it's been fine. The ports on the back are in different places than on the first ones that came out. Have had multiple 4-5 hour sessions on LO and on COD4 without ever a hangup. Even if not 100% yet, they have improved somewhat in the cooling dept.

Didnt use my 360 for over a week, turned it on Sunday night so my buddy could play rockband and got the RROD instantly... so maybe I could say Rockband or just that it was sitting for over a week and was jealous of the PS3 having GTA4 goodness.

I got a new 360 a few months ago, and it's been fine. The ports on the back are in different places than on the first ones that came out. Have had multiple 4-5 hour sessions on LO and on COD4 without ever a hangup. Even if not 100% yet, they have improved somewhat in the cooling dept.

what do you mean?

lol

I bought an old, beat march 06 360 that kept dying on me. I took it apart, completely, down to the metal. Slapped 2 120mm fans both blowing in on the heatsinks. Took the dvd drive out and put it in a soundproofed case out side the 360. Result is that it runs better and no more deaths. If they just cooled the sucker properly it would save a lot of headaches.

That is the caused probably 90% of the time...just cuz you aren't getting the 3 red lights of death doesn't mean that you didn't get one of their crappy heat sink's. They are building them now (and replacing the RMA'd ones) with much better ones and much more secure.
Sounds to me like Spaceman had the right idea :)

call of duty 4 first day i bought it and put it in.

Yeah, cod4 is a really intense game. I was surprised by how much they were able to do with it. If anything would melt the 360 it would be that one and mass effect.

Maybe they need to pay me to design a proper case? lol

HOW does a company with resources, probably unmatched, think that the original design was ok? Is the weed that good up there? dummies.

halo 3 right now. its not a RROD but it just freezes on boot for no reason. So new 360 for me (i dont want to pay to get it replaced id rather get a new one)

Send me your old one. I will fix it good! If you don't mind it being fugly that is. Seriously, crack that sucker open and mod it. Games run smoother.

I have a PS3 so I don't have to worry about it failing. My heat sinks stay properly attached.

Mass Effect has killed 2 for me. the replacement is a new build. The new one scratched my ME DVD too. Console has never moved- sits in my entertainment center that is open on 4 sides :)

I have a PS3 so I don't have to worry about it failing. My heat sinks stay properly attached.

Yeah, 'cause PS3s NEVER fail...

Just because Xboxes fail a lot does not mean that PS3s don't. I've seen at least four or five PS3 failure threads in the last six or so months, so it's not unheard of.

Yeah, 'cause PS3s NEVER fail...

Just because Xboxes fail a lot does not mean that PS3s don't. I've seen at least four or five PS3 failure threads in the last six or so months, so it's not unheard of.

I'm not gonna say PS3's don't fail, but what I would like to point out.. at least in this thread, seems like the majority of replies tends to be X360, no?

Things fail, that’s a part of life, but the ratio of X360s failing compared to PS3s is pretty ridiculous.

crysis killed my laptop battery if that counts lol.

and yes 360 sucks in terms of reliability. ps3 hardly fails but 360's fails soo much im on my 6TH YES 6TH 360!

yea they promised me they will send me a brand new one and guess what? its another refurb. luckily i have a ps3.

Back