What game is this... old arcade 4x4 offroad

cmosdos

2[H]4U
I used to have this game a long time ago... so i'm assuming they ported it to PC. In the arcade, it was a machine that had 3 steering wheels. One on the left, middle, right. You can see the whole track while you are racing, and its like your driving these RC offroad trucks. There's also a nitro button you can press for a boost. I can't remember the name of this for the life of me. I've googled around for an hour now and no luck. Any ideas?

cmosdos said:
I used to have this game a long time ago... so i'm assuming they ported it to PC. In the arcade, it was a machine that had 3 steering wheels. One on the left, middle, right. You can see the whole track while you are racing, and its like your driving these RC offroad trucks. There's also a nitro button you can press for a boost. I can't remember the name of this for the life of me. I've googled around for an hour now and no luck. Any ideas?

I Googled too, but I remembered the name, which helped. ;) I remembered it from the NES (or was it SNES?) version

Ironman Ivan Stewart's Super Off Road

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=I&game_id=12843

Ahh.. thanks for the quick replies. That's what it was. I wish games today would be this fun and make use of good graphics at the same time.

that game rocked, i remember playing it in the arcade. I also had the nes version with 4 controllers.

I was addicted to that game. My friend and I would play that game a lot.

I wish they made games like that these days. *sigh*

Hell yeah, I remember playing that.

Reminds me of playing Test Drivin' .. that game was the best! :p

Anyone know where I can download it somehow?

I played that game up past level 99 on Nintendo. It was addicting.

I use to play that for hours at a time. Almost as much as I played Bubble Bobble, seriously I think it was the music....it put me in a trance or something.

Ivan Ironman Stewart's Super Off-Road was one of the greatest games ever. I remember getting buddies to come over and we'd play that game all night with the 4 player controls.

There's actually one of these machines just two blocks from me in an old "greasy spoon" mom and pop burger joint. I'll take a picture later today on my way home.

I liked the theme song to it... and one day I was looking at songs and I found a song called The Rog by The Vandals. And it sounds just like the theme song to Super Off-Road.

Anybody know of similar 'updated' games available? I was looking through my collection and I came across a game called Radio Control Racers. I googled a link with pics and info about it: http://www.avault.com/reviews/review_temp.asp?game=rcracer

If you look at the pics you can see that it's similar to super off road. There's only 8 maps and 4 cars though. In the past 2 days, I've beat it 50 times and leveled all of the vehicle's options (engine/shocks/tires) up to max.

There's gotta be some others out there.

Back