What game have you put the most time into?

I'll be setting it up today I had to go to the basement to find my old disc for the game and then remembered my new pc has no drive so had to go to work to get my external ha!
you can just torrent them or direct download. if you need a linky link i can just send it to you.

Hate to say it, but probably Diablo 3. I've been playing since 1.0.3. And over the course of over 10 years.... I've probably put in something like 3000 hours. Some of my chars are over 450 hours, I haven't bothered to add all of their times.
It's just a comfort sometimes to play.

Before that, it would've been the variations of CS (if we could count them all as the same game). I have no idea how many hours there either. I haven't played the game really seriously in at least 10 years, but I still played it off and on for 10 years. Even after all this time, I don't think any other games come close to those two.

Looks like I really loved TF2 in college. Pretty much a no lifer back in those days. PoE is just amazing. I'll be playing the next league next month.
steam1.jpeg

Last edited:
MMORPG are constantly evolving and have a community.
That is exactly the problem. When I start a game I expect the exact same experience that I had when I started it two weeks before that, not some new "event" that upends the rules and changes the fundamentals of the game. For example Ghost Recon Breakpoint completely revamped the rules in the latest patch, and I was totally confused by what's going on, and what am I even supposed to do. I just wanted to continue the game I had paused earlier, but apparently that's no longer possible the same way. So in my frustration I just quit and started playing something else.
What fun is playing the same single player game over and over. The basic mechanics don't change. Playing over and over to see slight variances is not worth the time.
It's dependent on the game, some games are not worth replaying over and over, but there are others where the outcome is completely different each time you play. The rules are familiar but the maps and encounters are always new.

Granted MMORPGs are still a waste of your time. I grew out of the prefer to have new experiences with different games.
Most games I finish only once, but MMOs are not a meaningful experience even for one time. They are always a grind with some placeholder quality story and narrative. I'm no longer interested in that, I want a fully immersive and meaningful narrative from games. Not to mention that to me seeing a bunch of other players run around, bunny hopping, or even just standing around the quest giver npcs, totally ruins the experience.

As for pvp I find that totally pointless, what am I getting out of it? Bragging rights? I don't give a damn.

I played Asheron's Call for almost a decade (taking 2 breaks), and I don't even want to know how many hours I put into it.

I've also been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 since it released back in 2000. If I had to guesstimate, I would say I've put at least 1000 hours into that game.

It'll be Eve Online by a huge margin for sure. Started in 2006 and quit for good (lets hope) when I got engaged in 2019. Only thing that could bring me back would be the sounding of the horn of Goondor.

Rollercoaster Tycoon II or Railroad Tycoon II Platinum, been playing them since release, and still play them weekly. Possibly WoW, since I used to be on it 16 hours a day every day back in BC/WOTLK and was over 1k days played on my main alone last I checked a couple years ago. But I dont think WoW quite counts, as quite a few of those hours it wasnt a "game" but a chat room with pretty graphics while standing around waiting to do stuff.

As for steam. Mine are Doom 2016 and Mad Max at 106 and 97 hours, respectively.

All time would be UT'99, followed by Q2 and UT2k4.

Everquest back in the day (Roughly 20 years ago). Dumped well over a year's worth of time played hours into it... and that was in well under 3 years of playing... Gave up MMORPGs for good soon after upon realizing this.

Strange possibly, but I think it might be:
View attachment 435528
I could write a treatise. So dang fun, especially with friends. Multiple attempts over the years to remake with mostly fails for a variety of reasons. I still play the original, in an emulator.

The other possibility is the original Doom. Still play that too! Source ports keep the engine running, and mod makers have never stopped making content.
Wow I did not expect anyone to say that game and made me think back on how much I played it. Best on the old Atari 8-bit but also had it on NES and there was a decent PC port I had fun with for awhile that was a direct port but I don't see it anymore. Classic for sure :D
My short list would include in addition to M.U.L.E:
Utopia (Intellivision)
Colonial Conquest (Atari 8-bit)
Falcon (Atari-ST)
Empire (Atari-ST)
Red Alert 2 (PC)
Unreal Tournament (PC)

World of Warcraft. Easily. At one point, at the end of WotLK, which was a decade ago, I had somewhere north of 700 DAYS of play time.

CoD 4 have have spent the most time in. No telling how many hours.
I didn't get that one on Steam. I had the physical copy. I haven't a clue how much time I spent playing that one but it's up there with a lot of the games I've put insane amounts of time into. The peak of the series in my opinion.

I didn't get that one on Steam. I had the physical copy. I haven't a clue how much time I spent playing that one but it's up there with a lot of the games I've put insane amounts of time into. The peak of the series in my opinion.
Exactly. I had it on hard disk and could not tell you how many hours. Every night 2-4 hours 5-7 days a week for years. I was in a clan with guys from around the world. We would play daily. Miss those old days when I had people to play with and chat while playing. I still have one on my Facebook from Australia.

Exactly. I had it on hard disk and could not tell you how many hours. Every night 2-4 hours 5-7 days a week for years. I was in a clan with guys from around the world. We would play daily. Miss those old days when I had people to play with and chat while playing. I still have one on my Facebook from Australia.
I played the shit out of it for several years as well. No way to know how much time I sank into it but it was my primary game for a long while.

Elite Dangerous......2251 Hrs
Left 4 Dead II.........1642 Hrs
Vermintide II...........1496 Hrs
Pay Day II..............1147 Hrs
FallOut 4................ 856 Hrs
TES Skyrim........... 588 Hrs

EQ1, i remember having over 250 days played.

Albion Online, which i don't play anymore I had about 700 hours. Next closest one is probably 100 hrs or less.

My most played is probably Bad Company 2 multi-player on PS3. It's somewhere over 300 hours. It may even be into 400 hours.

I'm sure Battlefield 2 is over 200 hours. Maybe 300.

For singleplayer games, it's either FF7, FF8, Demon's Souls, or Dark Souls.

I have completed FF7 3 times. And my first time was fairly complete with level 99 on all characters, all ultimate weapons, all summon materias, etc. That's surely over 100 hours

FF8 I have completed twice. And both times were pretty complete. I feel like FF8 is longer. So that could be over 100 hours, as well.

Demon's Souls was in the 80's. Dark Souls I probably did about twice that, between the PS3 version and then later, the first PC release.

My longest single play session was Xenogears. Which aside from bathroom breaks and food--- I more/less played for 24hrs in one play session. I finally stopped, when it took my Playstation like 5 minutes to load an FMV video in the game.

There's countless hours in the pre-social game systems for me. Tribes and Tribes2 occupied so many hours of my life, I can't even begin to count. My only documented time spent on a game I know I liked was Battlefield 4 with 929 hours, and that seems a bit light. For some reason, CoD Black Ops 2 struck a nerve and I put in stupid number of hours there, then went to the PC version where I racked up another 200 hours with PC friends; I guess I'm a Hijacked/Boat whore.

I seem to remember some 7 weeks playtime of MW:2 (or was it 3) on the xbox360, but I can't find those stats; I've stopped my XBL account for 3 years or so.

When a game is good, or it clicks, I spend some time on it. Otherwise, its "mediocre" levels of time spent with like, 335 hours on Kerbal, 190 hours in Satisfactory. Dark Souls Remastered, I'm only 80'ish hours. The gems I remember are the Yakuza series, with Zero being 72 hours . Horizon Zero Dawn is at 89 hours.

Otherwise its casual MP with friends like, Valhiem with 210 hours, Sea of Thieves with 180 hours.

Honestly, I only buy games where I expect 40 hours of engaging playtime and everything else is butter. I'm super picky about my purchases.

Railroad Tycoon (long time ago);
Colonization (I still play it);
Capitalism Plus - this is the greatest game based on real life free market and competition, was even used in colleges

I have probably most of my time in Cities Skylines these days. I play (very) modded and it's so addicting.

I also have a lot of hours into Transport Tycoon Deluxe, several of the Hitman series, Flight Simulator, Counter Strike.

Warcraft 3 custom games.

Brother.

Some of the greatest TD games ever schemed and created an entire new genre of gaming (MOBAs). I think this is where I would place peak happiness in online gaming for me. Still play Dota today.

DOTA 2 with 3700+ hrs

Brother.

Some of the greatest TD games ever schemed and created an entire new genre of gaming (MOBAs). I think this is where I would place peak happiness in online gaming for me. Still play Dota today.

DOTA 2 with 3700+ hrs
Yea, I spent a ton of time playing TD's and MOBAs on WC3 during my college days. Endless amount of maps that was free and wc3 was easy to run for me while I was a poor college student.

According to my Steam account it's CS:GO with 977 hours. But looking back I don't think Steam has always logged hours played? I mean I was playing tons of Counter-Strike even before Steam if I'm remembering correctly. Like CS 1.3 or 1.4. Anyone remember those jump maps in OG CS? For when you got tired of pwning noobs in fy_iceworld LOL

Steam didn't start logging hours until 2009. I don't know how many hours are in the games I've played the most because they weren't tracked.

The most I've ever played a single player game is Skyrim at 344 hours. Pretty much every other single player game I've only done one playthrough. Actually I only did a couple for Skyrim, most of the time is playing through different mods.

I'm a competitive multiplayer type of guy, so I basically will only play a couple different games for years until I eventually move on to something else. I used to play in leagues and tournaments and played with and against a lot of professional players.

My most played are StarCraft: Brood War and StarCraft 2 which are each well over 10k hours.

I probably played close to 5,000 hours of Halo: Combat Evolved on LAN on the original Xbox.

Then a couple thousand in the original Counter-Strike and a couple thousand in Counter-Strike: Source.
Over 1000 hours for Smite and Fortnite. Probably around 1000 in a bunch of different FPS games, the Unreal Tournaments, Team Fortresses, Red Orchestras, Frag Ops, CODs, Halo 2, and maybe some other FPS games.

Strange possibly, but I think it might be:
View attachment 435528
My biggest addiction continues to be Master of Orion 1 (spend at least 5 hours a week replaying this)

Much like MULE's portsw , the three different sequels of moo are all crap (MOO2 lacks a random tech tree, and MOO3 lacks a game!)

My most modern time-sink on Steam probably the glorious Crosscode! (around 250 hours invested, now that I finally finished the expansion dungeon last year!)

I mean when a successful movie like Free Guy rips-off your entire plot, then you know Crosscode has worked magic in the story arena; the combat is also impressively-addicting twitchy shooter!

Last edited:
World of Warcraft: unknown, but topping the list by far. Probably over 10.000 hours
Lineage II: probably some 2000 hours back in the day
Rocket League: around 900-1000 hours spread over PS5 and Steam (Steam only is at 709 hours)
Town of Salem: 324 hours
Rust: 269 hours
Arma 3: 165 hours
Grim Dawn: 148 hours
DayZ: 107 hours, although this number is a lot higher, probably 600+ because I played a lot when it was a mod.

The rest are below 100 hours.

I regret all those hours except Rocket League and Town of Salem.

Back in the day, probably Elder Scrolls, Skyrim, Fallout 3, BF2, X3 Terran Conflict, or Jane's F/A-18.

I won't count MMO's. But recent games I'd say Dark Souls. Past games Gran Turismo 1&2 most likely.

Hmm I would have to say TFC, CS Beta through 1.5, Warcraft III version of DOTA, Guild Wars 1 and 2 and than DOTA 2.
I would have put TF2 in there but noticed GTA V Online has now surpassed that lol. Most of the RTS ones I enjoyed for a good while but did not just play play play them. Delta Force 2 was pretty good, but hard to count 20 minutes of hiking around the map for position playing :p

Cant remember how many hours in some of the older games but it was way too much when I did some competitive play in them.

Back