What game do you think should get a sequel or a remake?

Alpha Centauri. With Brian Reynolds as a designer.

And no, Civ:BE doesn't count as a sequel, it doesn't even have voxelized terrain with stuff like rain shadows, etc. Not to mention a great story. It's just mind-blowing that SMAC had features that current versions of Civ still lack after all these years.

I would rather see someone do to Civ what Cities Skylines did to SimCity.

Demon Souls (remake)
Half Life (sequel)
Company of Heroes (remake, ignore the shitfest which is CoH2)

And how was Assault on Dark Athena?

Dark Athena is an upgraded version of Escape from Butcher Bay with an additional level...so that's the best version to get...although I can't seem to find it on Steam or GoG anymore...looks like the game has vanished...another reason why it deserves a remake or sequel

Dark Athena is an upgraded version of Escape from Butcher Bay with an additional level...so that's the best version to get...although I can't seem to find it on Steam or GoG anymore...looks like the game has vanished...another reason why it deserves a remake or sequel
I thought it was a sequel with the upgraded version of EFBB included. It's only one level? Well damn.

How about Heretic / Hexen?

I say I could see myself playing a fantasy themed fps now.

Keep an eye out for Witchfire. I actually just got a response from the devs that there would be more news fairly soon about it. It's not full fantasy, it's a gun shooter with a dark fantasy sort of theme, but looks very cool.

I'd love to see more Hexen or Heretic games though too.

I still want to get Battlefield Bad Company 3. The story in the first 2 had me hooked on BF from that point on. I would love to see a sequel to the series.

As for older I would love to see a remastered version of Small Soldiers. Loved the game on my PS1. Would love to see it with more modern graphics.

That is incorrect. Assault on Dark Athena was a complete game and the sequel to Escape from Butcher Bay and included upgraded version of the first game.

I thought it was a sequel with the upgraded version of EFBB included. It's only one level? Well damn.
He is wrong and you have it right as it was a complete game. I had the disc version and then later bought it on GOG.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot showing you can choose what game to play.

image.png

Last edited:
Keep an eye out for Witchfire. I actually just got a response from the devs that there would be more news fairly soon about it. It's not full fantasy, it's a gun shooter with a dark fantasy sort of theme, but looks very cool.

I'd love to see more Hexen or Heretic games though too.
That looks like Blood.

That looks like Blood.

I've read similar comments. I never played Blood actually. I always heard good things about it though. It was even in for compatibility testing at one of the labs I used to work in, but it wasn't my project. I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing so far though.

I've read similar comments. I never played Blood actually. I always heard good things about it though. It was even in for compatibility testing at one of the labs I used to work in, but it wasn't my project. I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing so far though.
In 1997 I was just starting high school. And had some friends who always insisted on playing blood, I never actually played it just watched them play.

Makes sense. I guess some of the devs were formerly Painkiller and BulletStorm devs. From what I understand Painkiller was like a modern version of Blood. (I could be wrong, but I've been told as much.)

Makes sense. I guess some of the devs were formerly Painkiller and BulletStorm devs. From what I understand Painkiller was like a modern version of Blood. (I could be wrong, but I've been told as much.)

The original Painkiller is flat-out awesome. (avoid the sequel)

Also, I REALLY wish they'd remake this:
220px-EmperorBoxshot.jpg

What I'd like to see revived:

Lands of Lore series. I'd love CDProjekt Red to do it.
Myth series. Soulblighter was my favorite.
More side scrollers with simultaneous play like, TMNT2 the arcade game, the Double Dragon series, heck even BattleToads.

Already Mentioned:

Dark Messiah: Might and Magic (still some of the best action/rpg combat ever)
Jade Empire (uniqueish gameplay and a good story)
Test Drive Unlimited (still one of the only games that simulated the wheel so that if you didn't use the clutch to shift, the engine stalled)

The Age of Mythology. Their was an update recently but it was just new missions and some addons. I wish the game gets a sequel, it still has a good fanbase and is one of the best strategy games I've played

My vote would be for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. And I know there has been 3 more splinter cells since but I don't think I would call any of them a "sequel" to SCCT

Back