What 'fall' releases are you anticipating?

djoye

2[H]4U
For me, I'm anticipating at least a few things that I know of:

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I already pre-ordered because I'm a sucker for this series
- Dead Rising Remaster (Sept 13 apparently) - I've been dying to re-play this game but not dying to play it on a 360
- Skyrim engine upgrade (PC) - I'm always happy to receive major updates for free and can see myself starting a new game but probably only playing bits at a time

I'm trying to get my hands on a GTX 1080 because I have a backlog that I'd like to play with a new GPU.

So what else is coming out within the next few months (PC or console)?

Deus Ex, for sure. Getting No Man's Sky next week. Also looking forward to Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3. I'll probably be playing the latter two mostly on PC (getting Gears 4 with the Xbox ONE S bundle and FH3 preordered on the Boner, with both having crossplay). The former two will be PC exclusively.

Reactions: djoye
like this
I have Deus Ex, Battlefield 1, Rise of Iron, and Legion preordered. Not sure what else is coming out honestly, I usually don't hear about things until very close to or after release.

Edit: Also just preordered FF15, Forza Horizon 3, and Gears 4. $140 from Best Buy and I get $30 in rewards certificates. Not bad.

I wanted to do Forza and Gears for PC but that would have been nearly twice the price and they can't be resold... and the Win10 gaming app is a nuisance. I'm glad Microsoft is at least making them available but that's one too many things against it.

Last edited:
Mafia 3.

I was excited for Skyrim remastered but I played for about 30 minutes with a bunch of mods and the quests are still garbage. I can't force myself through that again.

For me:

Mafia III (I really really hope this turns out well, Mafia I/II are favorites and I hope they didn't GTA'ify it).
Battlefield 1
Syberia 3 (So excited, really hope it turns out well, Syberia is one of my favorite adventure game series)
Final Fantasy XV
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Civ 6
Dead Rising 4

Reactions: djoye
like this
Mafia 3.

I was excited for Skyrim remastered but I played for about 30 minutes with a bunch of mods and the quests are still garbage. I can't force myself through that again.

You played Skyrim remastered or vanilla Skyrim with mods?

Watch Dogs 2
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Battlefield 1
Mafia 3

Maybe a few more that I can't remember.

Nioh (PS4)
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dishonored 2
Bioshock remaster

too bad Outlast 2 got pushed back to 2017

You played Skyrim remastered or vanilla Skyrim with mods?

Vanilla, remastered isn't out yet. They are just redoing the graphics, not the quests. The 2 voice actors and stupidly short quest lines, which still manage to be super repetitive, are the biggest issues with Skyrim.

I forgot about the Bioshock remaster, I guess I get that free as well since I own them all on Steam.

Also, Mafia 3 looks very good, I had only recently played Mafia 2 within the past year or so and it really kept my attention so I have high expectations for Mafia 3. I didn't know that Dishonored 2 was so close.

Preordered:

The Last Guardian

I am actually also really excited to play Skyrim the Special Edition. I've never played Skyrim, and I recently bought the Legendary Edition so I can get thew Special Edition for free. I have already been tempted to start it, but I will wait until the Special Edition drops.

Also, it's not really a game per-say but I have a Playstation VR pre-ordered so I am excited about that.

Didn't know where else to post this but, apparently Skyrim: Special Edition will be its own SEPERATE install on Steam.

So, those of us with heavily modded OG Skyrim and saves have no need to worry about conflicts.

Thank God....

South Park is a definite buy, I really enjoyed the last game, they did an awesome job making it flow, the audio and video; it wasn't just some janky game based on a TV show, it actually looked and felt like the show.

Preordered:

The Last Guardian

I am actually also really excited to play Skyrim the Special Edition. I've never played Skyrim, and I recently bought the Legendary Edition so I can get thew Special Edition for free. I have already been tempted to start it, but I will wait until the Special Edition drops.

Also, it's not really a game per-say but I have a Playstation VR pre-ordered so I am excited about that.

My daughter probably would have like the Last Guardian. Too bad it's a PS4 exclusive.

For me:

Mafia III (I really really hope this turns out well, Mafia I/II are favorites and I hope they didn't GTA'ify it).

I should be excited for this, but after the travesty of Mafia2 I can't be. That game was an unfinished mess, with half the missions missing, making the story feel empty and unexplained, with huge jumps in the timeline, and characters acting as if they known you for years, that you had interaction with once in the game. It was a terrible dissappointment in every way, right down to the fact that the PC version lacked wheel support at release (I don't know if they ever added it later I didn't bother to check back) Lost Heaven was a great game, probably on my top5 or maybe top3 list of all time best games. But II was unacceptable.

I should be excited for this, but after the travesty of Mafia2 I can't be. That game was an unfinished mess, with half the missions missing, making the story feel empty and unexplained, with huge jumps in the timeline, and characters acting as if they known you for years, that you had interaction with once in the game. It was a terrible dissappointment in every way, right down to the fact that the PC version lacked wheel support at release (I don't know if they ever added it later I didn't bother to check back) Lost Heaven was a great game, probably on my top5 or maybe top3 list of all time best games. But II was unacceptable.

The issue was (IIRC) the lead guy, Daniel Varva (who's got his own studio now, making Kingdom Come: Deliverance) ended up leaving before the game was done because 2k were putting pressure on the studio and trying to take creative control of things and rushing it, hence why things felt shoehorned in or they tried to put "GTA" things in.

Mafia 1 was a great game that unlike GTA didn't focus on throwing a world full of sidequest and secondary storyline elements scattered all over it's world. It was what I'd call a "linear" open world. You were there for the one specific storyline and though the world was "open" it wasn't used as a "distraction" like the GTA games or used to "pad out" the gameplay.

With Mafia 2 it felt like they never even finished the core-game and then tried working on some "gta" like side quest and gameplay elements that (ultimately) never made it in. This was obvious from the game files at release, there were elements in the game files that mentioned unfinished areas (likle the countryside) and other gameplay elements that weren't available in the released game.

Mafia III isn't being made by Daniel so I hope the writer and new lead people can do it well, that's why I'm reserved about it. The story/setting interests me BUT the "gameplay" and other elements seem like they have once again went for a "GTA" like game world rather then focusing on what made Mafia I great. I fear it's going to end up being another Ubisoft/GTA style open world filled with "repetitive" missions you have to do over and over (like the hideouts they are already talking about, similar to the godfather games).

I'm actually excited for Infinite Warfare. It's ironic the COD game that the whole COD community is in outcry mode about is the first in the series that I'm excited for, and the second only in the series that I'm going to play. (The first was Black ops)

I don't actually know which games are coming this year so I don't know what to list.

Last edited:
Civilization VI only really. Between that and CS GO, no time for other games :).

Mafia 3 love this series, been looking forward to it since i saw the teaser trailer.

Call of duty 4 remaster, one of my all time favourite shooters, i just hope they still allow mods/dedicated servers and that the server browser is decent.

Ghost recon wildlands has my eye but im not getting too excited because its ubisoft and they never deliver all that they show in trailers

Was looking forward to BF1 until I saw the game footage. Plays same as BF4 so why spend money on the same game that is just a re-skin? I'm done with the Civ series too, have owned all of them so far and don't need the same game again that is just a tweaked Civ5. I will buy latest Hitman when it is completed. That's it.

More than any game I am looking forward to the PS4 NEO. Isn't that suppose to launch this fall sometime? Looking forward to saying bye bye to 30fps on my console. And it better run all games at 60fps, or I will be POed! I really don't care about 4K or VR, just give me 60fps @ 1440 or even 1080 and it will be worth the upgrade to me.

BF1
The Division - Survival DLC
Skyrim Remastered

not sure if i'll get Skyrim Remastered but i think i'm about ready for a second play through of that game. i'm definitely getting BF1, and The Division is addicting like crack to me.

Deus Ex, Dishonored 2, South Park, Gears 4, Dark Souls 3 DLC, Nioh.
I'm sure there will be a couple others, too.

Reactions: DPI
like this
More than any game I am looking forward to the PS4 NEO. Isn't that suppose to launch this fall sometime? Looking forward to saying bye bye to 30fps on my console. And it better run all games at 60fps, or I will be POed! I really don't care about 4K or VR, just give me 60fps @ 1440 or even 1080 and it will be worth the upgrade to me.
I have a PS4 that I barely play, games are great, though. I have Bloodborne and I can barely stand it because it has a lot of stutter. If the Neo somehow resolves these issues with Bloodborne, I will sell my PS4 and buy a Neo. I'm somewhat of a framerate snob since I primarily game on PC, but I only want a smooth video output, that can be done at 30FPS as long as the frame time isn't bad, which is the issue with Bloodborne. Here's hoping that the Neo can compensate for those issues.

I have a PS4 that I barely play, games are great, though. I have Bloodborne and I can barely stand it because it has a lot of stutter. If the Neo somehow resolves these issues with Bloodborne, I will sell my PS4 and buy a Neo. I'm somewhat of a framerate snob since I primarily game on PC, but I only want a smooth video output, that can be done at 30FPS as long as the frame time isn't bad, which is the issue with Bloodborne. Here's hoping that the Neo can compensate for those issues.

I did not realize how much a difference a steady 60fps makes on the console until I played Dark Souls 2 : Scholar of the First Sin. Going back to Bloodborne was hard to adjust to. Yes you get use to it, but your brain makes up the difference. It is much more relaxing to sit back and allow the console hardware do the heavy lifting. Eventually you see Bloodborne as running smoothly, or smooth enough, but it is your mind fooling you, and it can become fatiguing work.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
Dishonored 2
Battlefield ONE
Divinity Original Sin 2
Camelot Unchained 2017
For Honor
Conan Exiles

Conan Exiles! I thought I was the only one on the boards even aware of it. Age of Conan is the only MMO I ever put much time into, and one of my all time favorite games. I was really anticipating Exiles until it got pushed back into 2017. A new Conan game by Funcom, how cool is that! After launching AoC half baked , and never living that down, they have to realize this is their last chance at redemption. I wasn't surprised when the game got pushed back. What they had shown of the game's progress made me think it wasn't ready for a summer release, even early access.

I'm waiting for Skyrim Remastered to be released on October 28. It'll make a nice late birthday present if Bethesda did it right.

The few games I am interested in are not slated for release until 2017 sometime. The only exception is Skyrim Remastered which would be October.

Civ 6 - Is it going to be any good before a couple expansions? Worried it'll be too dumbed down again, especially given the visuals change
Camelot Unchained - Kickstarted this but haven't touched any of the builds, still get emails about it, they having a "1.0" release soon?

Shadow Warrior 2 (come get some Wang!).
Civilization 6

with that said, i cannot leave DOOM alone after Sam Hayden double crossed the DOOM marine damn it.. where is the DLC!

FH3 and Gears of War 4 for sure. I guess Civ 6, BF1, and COD Modern Warfare remastered.

I don't think there's anything else before the end of the year that I care about. Deus Ex was the last one as far as I can remember.

Maybe Dishonored 2 if it hits the November release date.

Well, I played the BF1 beta and actually found it fun, even though a lot of players are trashing it, so will probably get BF1, depending on map quality.

Well, I played the BF1 beta and actually found it fun, even though a lot of players are trashing it, so will probably get BF1, depending on map quality.

You might want to rethink this. Remember Star Wars? They're doing the same thing. Check out the price of the Season Pass and everything else.

Back