What exactly is the deal with GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up on Dec. 10. Still waiting .....
Right, that's my point. If you didn't sign up on November 17, forget about it. If you want a chance at a 3060, Feb. 25 at 11AM Central, head to EVGA and get on that list. Otherwise, I don't see it happening in months and months... if at all.

The Bitcoin world is fueled by rumors. Crypto owners take any tiny piece of news and try to re-spin it as good for Bitcoin.
*snip*
These investment companies never put 100% of their money into one, single asset. If they did buy Bitcoin (which I doubt), then they'd only be investing a tiny fraction of their portfolio in it.
Precisely. The amount of people getting into crypto now blows my mind. The great majority of individual users will not make money. By the time you're hearing about it in the media, it's already way too late to actually get a chance to make big money. I read people making some money here, some money there... but you don't really make much, unless you bought Bitcoin or Ethereum when they were valued at pennies, before they went up years ago. Fast money doesn't happen. Want to really money in the long run? Put it on an IRA. Invest in mutual funds. Heck, invest in the SP500 if you want and you'll flow with the market. Add compound interest over the years until you retire, you'll make much more than crypto. If you diversify your retirement investments, you remain safe (I barely noticed the 2020 downturn due to COVID, it was a small blip in my IRA because I'm diversified).

I could buy a 3090. Or I can buy a 3060 for ~1/5 the price, and invest the rest on my IRA. $1000 now = more than $100.000 in 25 years.

Precisely. The amount of people getting into crypto now blows my mind. The great majority of individual users will not make money. By the time you're hearing about it in the media, it's already way too late to actually get a chance to make big money. I read people making some money here, some money there... but you don't really make much, unless you bought Bitcoin or Ethereum when they were valued at pennies, before they went up years ago. Fast money doesn't happen. Want to really money in the long run? Put it on an IRA. Invest in mutual funds. Heck, invest in the SP500 if you want and you'll flow with the market. Add compound interest over the years until you retire, you'll make much more than crypto. If you diversify your retirement investments, you remain safe (I barely noticed the 2020 downturn due to COVID, it was a small blip in my IRA because I'm diversified).

I could buy a 3090. Or I can buy a 3060 for ~1/5 the price, and invest the rest on my IRA. $1000 now = more than $100.000 in 25 years.

Not sure I agree with most of this, expecting 100x return in less than 25 years (if that not a typo), historically expect around 7% compounded (doubling every 10 year's or so) a bit more if you reinvested dividend has they go and if they are tax free like your IRA example, 1000 invested in 1996 in a S&P 500 index would be around $9,617 now (https://dqydj.com/sp-500-return-calculator/), diversification for retirement are a lot in a time fashion than different vehicle, for example if you are 40 year's away from retirement it is extremely safe to invest 110% of what you have in a simple unique S&P 500 index fund.

Giant fast money with mature coin I imagine outside using leverage and giant risk wont probably happen, but someone investing in say BTC now expecting it to replace gold and negative-near negative hold of value a la treasury bound in the next 50 year's would not in it for fast money I am not sure how one can predict that a sp500 index fund will beat it. has for once you hear regular people talking about it, it is too late for quick cash and maybe a good time to sell if you were in it for a short term investment, I quite agree with that sentiment.

Do give an example of that, just before the 1929 crash, pro hockey player in the nhl were paid partly in stock in their contract, that how prevalent and popular that got in the 20s.

Last edited:
If asked two years ago if bitcoin would be back up to 18K+ I would've said extremely unlikely. 50K+? even more unlikely.

If some of us are honest with ourselves, we'd admit we are no fortune teller. I doubt BTC will ever push 100K+. I also doubt it will replace gold. But you know, been wrong before...

I woudn't put money into it now and would wait for a major crash again and for it to go down well below 10K. Thing is, there is a chance I'm wrong and it's not ever going to drop back down to that value any time soon. So saying that people who buy in now will not make money? Maybe. And that is about all I know for sure. lol

I woudn't put money into it now and would wait for a major crash again and for it to go down well below 10K. Thing is, there is a chance I'm wrong and it's not ever going to drop back down to that value any time soon. So saying that people who buy in now will not make money? Maybe. And that is about all I know for sure. lol
Agreed. Even then, at this point, you have to have a healthy amount of money to make a worthwhile gain. Say it goes back down to 10K, then back to 50K next year. You invest 1K, ok, next year you'll get 5K. That's "fine", but nowhere near the gains people expect. If you actually have a bunch of money, you invest 10K and next year you'd gain 50K. Now, that's more like it. Great ROI, but you also accepted great risk, considering the volatility of crypto.

It all depends how safe people want to be with their money, but at this late stage in the game... I advise everyone to stop trying to get lots of money in a year, and jump on the steady but waaaaaay safer retirement accounts. Put that 10K per year (better yet, maximize your Roth IRA at $19500 per year) and watch that puppy grow year after year through compound interest. You put that nearly 20K in a Roth every year, you are close to guaranteed to be a millionaire when you're 65 (depending on when you start, of course, but if you manage to have put 100K by around age 40, that gives you 25 years of growth to enjoy later and ensure you'll be a safely happy retiree).

Can still make money on things like Bitcoin, but the making you filthy rich ship has sailed if you didn't get in for cheap prior to what...2013 maybe later and also managed to not get fleeced in say Mt. Gox and similar. At this stage if you have $1k to throw in when it crashes, maybe you turn that into $6k+. I bought some in 2017 and sold it last week and essentially that's what I did. So maybe if you have some money sitting around and you are fine not seeing for a few years.

If you really want to make money in crypto now, really need considerable capital to start with like ol' Musky.

For now, content to keep working on getting 401k contributions maxed which I have a ways to go on, but am working on it. Been very impressed watching how that puppy has been growing. And for now otherwise throw in some money here and there in various stocks/crypto when it crashes.

What if it's just a strategy to compensate their losses of the previous generations cards?
Selling them relatively cheap and now artificially raising the ridiculous overpriced rtx 30xx, by producing lesser amounts?
This is not just a covid´s fault.

What if it's just a strategy to compensate their losses of the previous generations cards?
Selling them relatively cheap and now artificially raising the ridiculous overpriced rtx 30xx, by producing lesser amounts?
They're not making money by being out of stock all the time.

This isn't deliberate.

Considering cars and pretty everything has a chips shortage, there is no indication that they are not making has many card has they can

Nvidia last quarter was up 61% from the one of the previous year's, that how much demand increased. "Gaming" was up 67%, 2020 was up 41% over 2019

Say it boys!....repeat after me...."We are screwed"
Gaming card cost as we know it, is changed...forever.
Those companies...both AMD and Nvidia, now know how much people are willing to pay...so too do their AIB partners.
Card cost will almost certainly never be back to 'normal' as we knew it.
The 'new' low end is $300-500
The 'new' mid-range will be in the $500-700 range.
The 'new' high-end will be $700 to infinity...or whatever somebody with MMTCS is willing to pay.

Those companies...both AMD and Nvidia, now know how much people are willing to pay...so too do their AIB partners.
The 'new' high-end will be $700 to infinity...or whatever somebody with MMTCS is willing to pay.
So those of us who aren't willing to sell a kidney to get a new video card ought to just find another hobby then, I guess. I have been playing my old school games since I just got back into video gaming after a 10+ year hiatus, and there's no way I am paying the going rate for a decent mid-range video card. I'lll soldier on with my old 1050 GTX and 1080p screen for a while, then if prices and availability aren't down to near-normal, guess I'll move on to another hobby.

Agreed. Even then, at this point, you have to have a healthy amount of money to make a worthwhile gain. Say it goes back down to 10K, then back to 50K next year. You invest 1K, ok, next year you'll get 5K. That's "fine", but nowhere near the gains people expect. If you actually have a bunch of money, you invest 10K and next year you'd gain 50K. Now, that's more like it. Great ROI, but you also accepted great risk, considering the volatility of crypto.

It all depends how safe people want to be with their money, but at this late stage in the game... I advise everyone to stop trying to get lots of money in a year, and jump on the steady but waaaaaay safer retirement accounts. Put that 10K per year (better yet, maximize your Roth IRA at $19500 per year) and watch that puppy grow year after year through compound interest. You put that nearly 20K in a Roth every year, you are close to guaranteed to be a millionaire when you're 65 (depending on when you start, of course, but if you manage to have put 100K by around age 40, that gives you 25 years of growth to enjoy later and ensure you'll be a safely happy retiree).
I completely agree with this - but I also disagree with the perspective. Cryptocurrency is part (or ideally should be) of a diversified investment portfolio. Just as I would never tell anyone to put their savings into the stock market. I would tell them the same with cryptocurrency. You should have a 401K, IRA, stocks, crypto, property, etc. - and obviously not everyone can afford that and get to that place. Point being - spread out your risk. I believe in crypto as the future of currency and value exchange/storage. So I invest in it. Everyone will always say it's too late. It's a bad investment strategy. If you like crypto, that would lead you to buying a bunch of junkcoins for $0.02 and $0.75 each so you can try to catch a "moon" - get with the "stable" coins and spread out your risk in projects you believe in that are lower value. Bitcoin was at $27K or around there in December. Now look at it. Will that happen every few months? No. Could it? Perhaps. You don't need to buy $50K of it. I started by using eBay money from WiiU games I sold and just putting it into PayPal crypto because they temporarily had no fees. That was December and a couple of weeks ago I sold (partially to leave PayPal since you don't really "own" the coins and partially to pull profit out along the way as I had moved onto other platforms) and made 2.5x my money. It wasn't any huge amount - because I invest only what I can afford to lose.

So those of us who aren't willing to sell a kidney to get a new video card ought to just find another hobby then, I guess. I have been playing my old school games since I just got back into video gaming after a 10+ year hiatus, and there's no way I am paying the going rate for a decent mid-range video card. I'lll soldier on with my old 1050 GTX and 1080p screen for a while, then if prices and availability aren't down to near-normal, guess I'll move on to another hobby.

This right here ^ .. I'm sure there are many that at those GPU price points will get to the point of moving on to other avenues of entertainment. I will never pay $300-500 for low end.. if that is the normal, then PC gaming will be dead to me.

That's "fine", but nowhere near the gains people expect. If you actually have a bunch of money, you invest 10K and next year you'd gain 50K. Now, that's more like it. Great ROI, but you also accepted great risk, considering the volatility of crypto.

It takes money to make money. I put 5 grand into UAL and CCL. If I sold now, I'd make a nice little short term gain. Both are up 50%+ right now in under a year. Thing is, I only put 5 grand into each. That isn't much money. If I'd put 25,000 into each of them instead... well. You get that idea. Thing is, I don't have that kind of money to throw around playing with fire like that. So like a lot of us, I've got most of my money leveraged heavily into index funds like FZROX and FXAIX for example.

I thought a Roth was limited to 6000 per year, per individual?

I thought a Roth was limited to 6000 per year, per individual?
Depends on your job. I'm a public education employee, which gives access to a 403b where the limit is much higher, 19500. Of course, our salaries are garbage compared to the private industry, so I guess that's why they let us do that, to throw us a bone - otherwise, our retirement would be such a joke (again, vs what you'd be able to save in the private industry) that it'd probably become a huge issue for the government once public educators retire.

I agree it's not just covid's fault, but I don't think they were losing money on Turing cards. The demand wasn't as high for those (due to increased prices no doubt) so lots of people skipped that gen and are looking to buy new cards.

A little mix of everything,.

Your video card requires parts from all over the world, but Covid has made those shipments less predictable than before. Unfortunately. EVERY FINISHED CHIP your video card requires also has spotty availability of their raw materials (thinks various chemicals, people,etc) due to COVID.

Everyone has adopted this to reduce costs and delivery times:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-in-time_manufacturing

Normally, all this system works fine , but if you interrupt a single unreplaceable ingredient, it gets fouled-up; the cut in international shipping volume has both affected delivery time to other factories AND end-user retail cards

https://unctad.org/news/covid-19-cuts-global-maritime-trade-transforms-industry

View attachment 328379

When 1/3 of your worldwide cargo ship volume is to support the hospitality industry, you can't recover from losing those quick-ship options (the hotel's food deliveries always happen, so they just parked your video cards in the spare hull space WHEN NEEDED); even a growth in the tech industry isn't enough to undo that.

Even with second-sources, the Auto industry is also being affected; the only-real fix is for us to get the same all-in-one variant vaccine like we hae had fr decades with Flu, but it's going to be another year:

https://arstechnica.com/science/202...ht-variants-wont-require-big-trials-fda-says/

The only thing that can undo Scalping (the human greed part of your list) is a massive increase in manufacturing (cards sold at MSRP means no more sucker worth exploiting),it won't happen until we give the entire world the vaccine(plus time to rebuild)
Sooo basically you're not getting a new video card for the next 2-3 years at least unless you get lucky? ...This is now an unattainable hobby/interest and I refuse to pay scalpers.... I actually wanted a 3080 but I'm about to check out.

Even with second-sources, the Auto industry is also being affected; the only-real fix is for us to get the same all-in-one variant vaccine like we hae had fr decades with Flu, but it's going to be another year:

Us? You mean YOU... Sign yourself up and your family... You can be the sheep.... I'll pass.........

Sooo basically you're not getting a new video card for the next 2-3 years at least unless you get lucky? ...This is now an unattainable hobby/interest and I refuse to pay scalpers.... I actually wanted a 3080 but I'm about to check out.
Maybe this sounds like a useless comment to make but you can always buy a Dell. Besides, I have my own personal reasons why I wanted to build a Rocket Lake computer and in the last few days I ordered a Thermaltake H21 case (probably would prefer Antec or Coolermaster next time because of the inability to install a 120mm fan at the front even though it seems acceptable overall), Corsair CX 450M power supply, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 16GB 3200MHz HyperX RAM which I've already received. I also ordered but not received yet a Thermalright AXP 90i CPU heatsink (will replace the fan with a Nexus I have in a box), Windows 10 Home, Asus DVD-RW. I ordered everything at normal, reasonable prices. All I need now is to buy the Rocket Lake motherboard and CPU. Then I will simply use my Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti until they come out with the RTX 3050. (I have on-board video in the computer with that vid card.) I'd rather wait for that card and skip the 1650 partly because I want the ray-tracing and the 90 watt rating. (Of course I also want to add a KVM switch in there later but that's it.)

Its going to be 18 months brefore production is solved, hopefully bitcoin wil crash around that same time, so you can enjoy an even cheaper used Ampere cards!

Us? You mean YOU... Sign yourself up and your family... You can be the sheep.... I'll pass.........

The more of you who puss-out, the longer this is going to take to resolve itself; or did you enjoy spending last Thanksgiving face timing with your grandparents :rolleyes:

They have run tons of tests to avoid any side-effects, and you're not going to be eligible for the first wave anyway (healthcare and essential), so you will have plenty of guinea pigs to watch the results

If you can get the vaccine, you should take it...it takes 6 months after a vaccine to rebuild this transport / infrastructure that makes a video card at the speed/pricepoint we are used to, but you can go anywhere you want freely without a mask once enough people get vaccinated! I'm looking forward to playing Ultimate again by this winter :D

Last edited:
The more of you who puss-out, the longer this is going to take to resolve itself; or did you enjoy spending last Thanksgiving face timing with your grandparents :rolleyes:
I was actually relieved I didn't have to see my family and sit down for dinner with all of them.

but you can go anywhere you want freely without a mask once enough people get vaccinated!
I can do that anyways. When it comes time to wear a mask, I only wear it because I'm a considerate person, not because I feel forced to wear it.

An economist named Yanis Varoufakis pretty much called Bitcoin a fantasy and said he didn't give a damn what is was "worth". He tweeted the interview. Oh my gosh I laughed so hard. :ROFLMAO:

I can do that anyways. When it comes time to wear a mask, I only wear it because I'm a considerate person, not because I feel forced to wear it.

I'm talking about playing sports with other people, or shaking hands with coworkers.

While you see the big boys making it work on TV, amateur sports were canceled or massively delayed.

https://swac.org/news/2021/2/25/football.aspx

Until we get vvaccinated, there will be no consistent live entertainment out there - that includes concerts, clubs, and major family / friends gatherings at hotels / campgrounds / theme parks / conventions / stadiums

I'm pretty fucking antisocial, but even I'm jonesing for one of the above!

Last edited:
With the 3060 Ti FE rarely ever being in stock at BB, and the 3060 now basically guaranteed to not be available at MSRP from any of the AIBs, seems like getting a 60 series card will be next to impossible in the next few months - as expected. It's funny how the more I wait, the less I actually care about getting a GPU this year. I'm done with all my old Call of Duty games, so I started another old saga:

View attachment 332618

I was playing RE6 and thought, why not do the whole thing? Bought 0 and 1 on a deal for like $8. 2 and 3 were like $14 each, no need to spend that much on such old games - and they run beautifully at 1440p 95hz. Plus, get on the Nvidia control panel, enable transparency AA and Multi-Frame AA, and you're really kicking up a notch what these games can look like.

With these 5 RE games, I have enough for this week and all of March. Then I'll get to Rage 2 that Epic is now giving for free at their store, that makes April. By May it's likely that Death Stranding or Doom Eternal will be sub $20, so I'll go for either of them or both. Come June, weather will be nice so I'll be outside more (fully vaccinated by then), otherwise I can always play Destiny 2 a bit more. Might attempt international travel in July to see family, fingers crossed. That puts me in August before I really need to think about a GPU again. By then we'll be close to the release of the 4000 series GPUs, so I'd expect the 3000 series to have a more normalized supply. AMD should also have more cards and their Super Resolution out by then, so it'll be a good situation to compare what brand is best for the rest of this year for 1080p 95hz or 1440p 95hz gaming.

GPU shortage? Who cares? Play enough old games with what you have, or get'em cheap on any of the numerous sales you can find them at, and you can be set for a while before you actually need a new GPU.
Im buying and playing old games too since Im still stuck with this 1050TI for now.
Eventually I have to win the right to give a card vendor some money.

Eventually I have to win the right to give a card vendor some money.
My threshold is MSRP. If I can get a card at it’s real price I will. If I can’t, then I wait. I don’t pay a single cent over the official price. I’m just on no rush and there’s no need to overpay. Sign up for EVGA’s notify for the $329 3060 and then just wait.

They have run tons of tests to avoid any side-effects, and you're not going to be eligible for the first wave anyway (healthcare and essential), so you will have plenty of guinea pigs to watch the results

If you can get the vaccine, you should take it...it takes 6 months after a vaccine to rebuild this transport / infrastructure that makes a video card at the speed/pricepoint we are used to, but you can go anywhere you want freely without a mask once enough people get vaccinated! I'm looking forward to playing Ultimate again by this win

Facetime? You must have me confused with your bunch who use those apps and spend time on cell phones ... lol... And ALL of my Grand Parents have long been dead and passed on... some most likely before you were born haha.. But anyway.. You can have all the shots you want.. I'll keep watching and watching .... and watching...... Like I tell most folk.. Sign up your whole family if you like for those shots... won't bother me....Not my health....

Facetime? You must have me confused with your bunch who use those apps and spend time on cell phones ... lol... And ALL of my Grand Parents have long been dead and passed on... some most likely before you were born haha.. But anyway.. You can have all the shots you want.. I'll keep watching and watching .... and watching...... Like I tell most folk.. Sign up your whole family if you like for those shots... won't bother me....Not my health....
Yeah if you dont believe in the side effects you need to wake up.
Both my daughters have severe permanent side effects form that Gardasil (HPV) vaccine. F***ed my kids up.

Reactions: pug71
like this
Yeah if you dont believe in the side effects you need to wake up.
Both my daughters have severe permanent side effects form that Gardasil (HPV) vaccine. F***ed my kids up.
Care to tell me in-detail? There are all sorts of different fucking definitions for "fucked-up," and most of the expected side-effects are mild.

Unlike the rest of you hard-headed anti-vaxers, I haven't made-up my mind yet, but barring overwhelming evidence of problems, I'm getting vaccinated!

But I would like to hear detais form you on these unexpected HPV incidents!

Last edited:
Care to tell me in-detail? There are all sorts of different fucking definitions for "fucked-up."

Unlike the rest of you hard-headed anti-vaxers, I haven't made-up my mind yet, but barring overwhelming evidence of problems, I'm getting vaccinated!

I think that a lot of people do indeed understand vaccine theory and the science behind it.

But there is one little thing on their mind: What if the vaccines are intentionally corrupted or given additives?
What about microchips? Microphones don't need to be that big. Is that too fringe? Maybe.

It's not that I really truly "suspect" anything. It's just a feeling of dis-ease that's built up over time based on so many other odd things that corporations and governments have done. There is just a feeling of distrust present, and that alone is enough to make me question the vaccine.

Put me in a society without weird surveillance and corruption, and I'd be the first to get the vaccine.
But in this world? I'll have to ponder it first.

I just poked the Steam hardware survey and found this rather interesting:
3080: 0.66%
3090: 0.23%
3060Ti: 0.27%

Where's the 3070? I guess there being almost as many 3090s in use as 3060Tis along with the price tag explains why they're the easiest Ampere card to get in your cart. It kind of makes me think NV is prioritizing the high margin 3090 and every dud that's good enough results in a 3080. Or maybe the ratio is just based on availability of GDDR6X. Granted the 3080 and 3090 have been out longer, but the cheaper cards will sell in much larger volumes if they're available. I'd expect GA104 (3070 & 3060Ti) to have better yields of "perfect" chips than GA102 (3090 and 3080), but extrapolating from the 3080/3090 ratio results in .094% for the 3070, and Steam doesn't seem to list anything under 0.15%. I'd guess the 3070 is over 0.094%, but under 0.15% so it doesn't show up.

The RX 6000 cards don't show up at all on the survey. Probably not enough of them.

Care to tell me in-detail? There are all sorts of different fucking definitions for "fucked-up," and most of the expected side-effects are mild.

But I would like to hear detais form you on these unexpected HPV incidents!
PCOS and PMDD to name the for sure ones.

Short term migraines and stomach/digestive issues.

Maybe this sounds like a useless comment to make but you can always buy a Dell. Besides, I have my own personal reasons why I wanted to build a Rocket Lake computer and in the last few days I ordered a Thermaltake H21 case (probably would prefer Antec or Coolermaster next time because of the inability to install a 120mm fan at the front even though it seems acceptable overall), Corsair CX 450M power supply, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 16GB 3200MHz HyperX RAM which I've already received. I also ordered but not received yet a Thermalright AXP 90i CPU heatsink (will replace the fan with a Nexus I have in a box), Windows 10 Home, Asus DVD-RW. I ordered everything at normal, reasonable prices. All I need now is to buy the Rocket Lake motherboard and CPU. Then I will simply use my Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti until they come out with the RTX 3050. (I have on-board video in the computer with that vid card.) I'd rather wait for that card and skip the 1650 partly because I want the ray-tracing and the 90 watt rating. (Of course I also want to add a KVM switch in there later but that's it.)
I have case and all the parts except the GPU I wanted and the ram is still stuck in the mail.
The cpu I bought wasnt the one I wanted nor was the GPU.
Im thinking of finishing the build and selling it and just sticking with the 3 yr old Dell I have now with I5-7600 24gb ram and 1050TI.
Not sure why the seller put in 2x4 and 2x8 ram sticks, but I left it as he put them in proper slots at least.
I started out to upgrade this Dell, but cpu limitation and GPU and PSU limitations led me outside this case.

I think that a lot of people do indeed understand vaccine theory and the science behind it.

But there is one little thing on their mind: What if the vaccines are intentionally corrupted or given additives?
What about microchips? Microphones don't need to be that big. Is that too fringe? Maybe.

It's not that I really truly "suspect" anything. It's just a feeling of dis-ease that's built up over time based on so many other odd things that corporations and governments have done. There is just a feeling of distrust present, and that alone is enough to make me question the vaccine.

Put me in a society without weird surveillance and corruption, and I'd be the first to get the vaccine.
But in this world? I'll have to ponder it first.
^THIS
Things like mercury and other additives possibly causing the issues.
I know some will say its in tuna and grains, well you dont have to be a leper while abstaining from large fish.
Its also different to ingest it compared to mainlining it.
Vaccines can be safe when proper and lengthy research and intention are used and the goal is health over profit.

The last boom I got in just at this time w/ some 580's. Basically broke even before it became unprofitable, after I sold most of the gear (kept 3 for personal use). However, 3 years later that broke even turned into massive profit (if i sell that is), and I just bought a couple expensive PC's. I only bought in because I was pissed I couldn't buy a 580 at msrp. I'm still running those 580's with no interest in upgrading, so I bet there are a lot people in a similar boat.

The last boom I got in just at this time w/ some 580's. Basically broke even before it became unprofitable, after I sold most of the gear (kept 3 for personal use). However, 3 years later that broke even turned into massive profit (if i sell that is), and I just bought a couple expensive PC's. I only bought in because I was pissed I couldn't buy a 580 at msrp. I'm still running those 580's with no interest in upgrading, so I bet there are a lot people in a similar boat.
I bought a way overpriced 6800 from RogueCast with the intention of learning to mine to pay it off.
But the crypto expected earnings went less that half what i was when I bought the card, and I havent even gotten other parts to finish the build.
This link shows current profit potential per card series.
It was over $11/day just a week ago

https://whattomine.com/gpus?cost=0.13&button=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back