What Download Manager?

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
What download manager do you use? I've been pretty partial to Flashget myself but its been spamming the hell out of me lately with popups.

i used to use getright, but now i use leechget. for some reason its not catching my clicks at the moment, but i'm sure i can fix that easily when i get around to it.

Flashget is good for leeching links even the ones that are hidden so i think im gonna keep using it. I'm just gonna have to find a way to kill the damn popups.

ReGet Deluxe: The Best "."

Free to try, buy to keep. There are a few different versions of ReGet. There is the Pro version, deluxe, and lite I think. Check it out here Resume is supported along with many configuration options. I have used about all the download managers. I have dialup so a good download manager is a must. I bought a copy of ReGet Deluxe and have loved it ever since.

Originally posted by OldMX
Stardownloader is small, free, spywareless and works great :D

OldMX

how well does that work with catching clicks? that is the biggest problem i seem to have with download managers. they catch ones i don't want them to, and don't catch ones i do want them to.

Originally posted by topslop1
Flashjet ( jetcar ) - I <3 it. It doesn't have spyware does it?!?!

I've never had a single problem with it. they advertise with a small banner inside the program. I think your popups are coming from something else..

What download manager do you use? I've been pretty partial to Flashget myself but its been spamming the hell out of me lately with popups.

no popups here...

Originally posted by AchTuNG!
I've never had a single problem with it. they advertise with a small banner inside the program. I think your popups are coming from something else..

Well i only get the popups when i start up Flashget and they go away when i get rid of it. I have the latest version. It would be nice if they would update it again. Flashget is definately the best i've used and i've tried alot of others. I'm on dial up and i hate downloading large files that get corrupted along the way after spending all day downloading. I've never had a single one with Flashget. Its also a leechers best friend because it will show you the hidden link your downloading from when they try to hide it from you on the website.

Whenever I actually use a download manager (which is rare now that I'm using a browser with a decent built in download manager) it is Reget Pro (was it 1.8 or 1.6 that was the last Pro before Deluxe?) Anyway, I find Deluxe to just be too bloated and buggy like all the rest now, but back then it was a wonderfully small and simple download manager still capable of handling complex tasks.

These days, typically anything Opera can't handle, I just throw in wget, which is an opensource console download software primarily for *nix, but ported to probably every os out there.

Back