What does everyone use now days to show FPS?

David97

n00b
I broke down and bought a evga rtx 2080, i used to use fraps but now in all the benchmarks i see FPS, CPU and mem usage overlay.

What software is that from?

Thanks in advanced!

msi Afterburner with RTSS is the most common for showing the most info

Afterburner mostly, but both Nvidia and AMD include this themselves (for Nvidia it's in Geforce Experience, and AMD in the driver menu).

I do like Afterburner better though, because the display is highly customizable (font face, color, size, etc.) but may be overkill if you just want the fps.

If the game has one, I just use the in-game overlay. I believe that both AC Odyssey and Colossus do, for example. If a game has one, they usually have options for things like FPS only or verbose, for more data.

FRAPS wouldn't even display in the last couple of games I tried it with.

If the game has one, I just use the in-game overlay. I believe that both AC Odyssey and Colossus do, for example. If a game has one, they usually have options for things like FPS only or verbose, for more data.

FRAPS wouldn't even display in the last couple of games I tried it with.
FRAPS is so 2010.

FRAPS

but really dont have the FPS counter on a lot. only if i feel like the game is slugiggsh and to tweak settings

msi afterburner *riva stat server. hwinfo for feeding more detail for them.

I don't like overlays This is why I always have a 2nd monitor with MSI AB (detached) and Aida64 Extreme OSD or Custom Sensor Panel always running for an at a glance look-see of everything I want to know.

Back