What does everyone use now days to show FPS?

David97

n00b
I broke down and bought a evga rtx 2080, i used to use fraps but now in all the benchmarks i see FPS, CPU and mem usage overlay.

What software is that from?

Thanks in advanced!

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
msi Afterburner with RTSS is the most common for showing the most info

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
Afterburner mostly, but both Nvidia and AMD include this themselves (for Nvidia it's in Geforce Experience, and AMD in the driver menu).

I do like Afterburner better though, because the display is highly customizable (font face, color, size, etc.) but may be overkill if you just want the fps.

waderunner

[H]ard|Gawd
If the game has one, I just use the in-game overlay. I believe that both AC Odyssey and Colossus do, for example. If a game has one, they usually have options for things like FPS only or verbose, for more data.

FRAPS wouldn't even display in the last couple of games I tried it with.

Armenius

Fully [H]
If the game has one, I just use the in-game overlay. I believe that both AC Odyssey and Colossus do, for example. If a game has one, they usually have options for things like FPS only or verbose, for more data.

FRAPS wouldn't even display in the last couple of games I tried it with.
FRAPS is so 2010.

SvenBent

2[H]4U
FRAPS

but really dont have the FPS counter on a lot. only if i feel like the game is slugiggsh and to tweak settings

cyklondx

Limp Gawd
msi afterburner *riva stat server. hwinfo for feeding more detail for them.

I don't like overlays This is why I always have a 2nd monitor with MSI AB (detached) and Aida64 Extreme OSD or Custom Sensor Panel always running for an at a glance look-see of everything I want to know.