What does everyone use for stress test/benchmarking?

JWD1989

Weaksauce
***Disclaimer: This might be in the wrong forum, mods feel free to lock/move if need be.

I built my first rig about a year and a half ago. Used Prime95, Furmark, SuperPi, and another I cant remember to actually stress the system. I used CPU-Z, Speedfan, Coretemp and GPU-Z to monitor temperatures and voltages.

After my initial stressing/benchmarking I pretty much ignored this stuff. So since I have been out of this loop for awhile can anyone update me on what is used today? Links would also be greatly appreciated (if not the same as the programs mentioned above) :)

Thanks in advance

LinX and P95 are what I use for CPU's. IBT (IntelBurnTest) is a simplified version of LinX. OCCT also uses LinX, and it's another good program to use.

OCCT GPU test for graphics cards. Basically the same as Furmark, but it actually detects artifacts, while Furmark doesn't. Also, GPU memtest (also part of OCCT) is a good test to run when doing GPU memory overclocking.

CPU-Z, Coretemp, CPUID Hardware Monitor, and GPU-Z are all programs that I also use.

Tsumi got most of them, but there are more. Rivatuner has been forgotten, but it still has a ton of great features. rthdribl is another one, quit entertaining. The last thing I can think of is SP2004 Orthos.

You have AMD so you can't use RealTemp. I would suggest core temp then and hw monitor for reading the rest of your system.
for testing I use Intel Burn Test. My temps on prime95 on max were 51 at max while on IBT it is 55 on the hottest core. Prime is good for long stability tests though (8 hour ones or more).

Stress Testing:
- Prime 95
- Intel Burn Test
- Variety of games

Software Tools:
- Core Temp
- CPU-z
- GPU-z
- HW Monitor
- MSI Afterburner

I don't benchmark.

Back