What do you use to manage all your clients computers with?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
I know there are a lot of people on here that manage a crap ton of computers either in a corporate setting or other business setting.

Peanut butter?

I know there are a lot of people on here that manage a crap ton of computers either in a corporate setting or other business setting.

Peanut butter?
LAN Sweeper? Or something like it, always seemed to work pretty well even at the enterprise level with multiple subnets.

However, I am no longer in that shit show (there are likely better utilities). I'm just a contractor performing help desk and some on site support for a mega corp. Probably the easiest job I have ever had and I am not complaining one damn bit.

LAN Sweeper? Or something like it, always seemed to work pretty well even at the enterprise level with multiple subnets.

However, I am no longer in that shit show (there are likely better utilities).
I am retired now and although I was a contractor for a while, it was in a different field.

But now that I retired I have more time to manage (and grow) my home LAN. Can you recommend a free or low-cost tool for me. Bonus points if it also manages multiple Windows boot partitions and VMs.

I am retired now and although I was a contractor for a while, it was in a different field.

But now that I retired I have more time to manage (and grow) my home LAN. Can you recommend a free or low-cost tool for me. Bonus points if it also manages multiple Windows boot partitions and VMs.
https://www.softwareadvice.com/it-management/lansweeper-profile/alternatives/

You can always hit up Sourceforge and see what people have whipped up open source, that place has been a goto search for me for years.

I looked at all of them. For me, all were overkill and for a lot of these, the pricing was "ask for quote." That's shorthand for schlubs like me can't afford it.
https://www.softwareadvice.com/it-management/lansweeper-profile/alternatives/
You can always hit up Sourceforge and see what people have whipped up open source, that place has been a goto search for me for years.
I'll try that.

Back