What do you think of this ebay prebuilt ryzen setup.

deathhorse

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello Hard Guys

I was looking at this earlier this week its in my watch list on eBay. But i wanna hear your crude thoughts of this prebuild. I am sure the mobo an power supply are bottom of the barrel but looking at prices of per components it doesn't sound too terrible.

Link https://www.ebay.com/itm/124457841492

1623611550587.png

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I suppose not bad for the components. I’m sure it has a proprietary power supply and motherboard tho, if that matters.

The RAM configuration is going to hurt the bandwidth for the IGP.

If I were buying, I'd budget for another stick of RAM and a SSD.

A spinner drive in 2021 is a crime against computing. Please get any SSD at least for your OS and software.

For sure guys I have a 256 ssd here and a stick of ram I got for 20 bucks it’s a Vulcan ddr4 8gb

what speed sticks do you recommend for a ryzen build ?

Doesn’t really matter since the ram in the machine is 2666. So whatever you put in there will default to that. I’d just make sure the ram you have doesn’t require some crazy overboard voltage.

for ryzen apu lower cas latency will see improvements, toss in even a cheap 16gb kit 3600 cl14 if possible youll have no worries. i bought the same apu but it cost me $220 alone.

for ryzen apu lower cas latency will see improvements, toss in even a cheap 16gb kit 3600 cl14 if possible youll have no worries. i bought the same apu but it cost me $220 alone.
Ya that’s I’m noticing buying a prebuilt seems more cost effective lately. I see this chip go for 150+ alone

if anything harvest the apu and build a nice lil system mine runs 100+ TB Nas works great for its purpose.

Back