What do you think of this Dell monitor?

We have a dozen or so of them that came with new workstations. I haven't had any complaints about eye strain and such from the people using them 10+ hours a day. Then again, they aren't tech oriented and don't know any better.

They are brighter than the non-LED ones we have up here. It wouldn't bother me to use that one all day, but I'm not real picky on monitors for looking at Excel charts and Outlook all day.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if the brightness can be reduced or are LED monitors just naturally brighter than their CFL counterparts? I do a lot of reading on screen, so this a concern for me.

You can reduce the brightness of any monitor simply by turning down the brightness in the OSD. LED backlit monitors really aren't any brighter than CCFL, nor do they give better image quality, that is just marketing.

If you are reading get the Samsung 2333t for 170$. It uses less Anti-Glare coating, making it much easier to read for long periods of time.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if the brightness can be reduced or are LED monitors just naturally brighter than their CFL counterparts? I do a lot of reading on screen, so this a concern for me.

Brightness can be reduced via the panel or, if you have proper video card drivers installed, the control panel within windows.

You can reduce the brightness of any monitor simply by turning down the brightness in the OSD. LED backlit monitors really aren't any brighter than CCFL, nor do they give better image quality, that is just marketing.

If you are reading get the Samsung 2333t for 170$. It uses less Anti-Glare coating, making it much easier to read for long periods of time.

I have noticed that most LED backlit monitors have their default brightness set higher than CCFL's in general. This is just from my experience with the few I've played with at work.

Last edited:
Back