What do you think of the X50v?

K_ris

n00b
I just ordered one from Dell with a student discount and their deal going on right now. Seems like a really awesome deal but I wanted to know what the people at the [H] thought of it.

Just making sure I made the right decision.

Also, how long do you have to wait before Dell will e-mail you with an ETA on it?

It is a piece of shit...send it back..:D

No, not really. I am just insanely jealous becuase I bought the X30 my first week at college this year and then the x50s came out:( (still a very nice product though)

I work for the IT department on campus and my boss just bought the x50v..you are a lucky man. The VGA display is much more crisp compared to mine and it has the dual memory card slots. Definitely made the right choice by picking the x50v ;)

to tell you the truth I had nothing but BAD luck with mine until I got my second one... then a new flash came out that might have fixed the first one.

You can go to aximsite.com for more reviews regarding the x50v. (it does seem down at the moment tho).

otherwise.. I love it! :)

(DELL SUPPORT HAS GONE TO THE SHITTER THOUGH)

They are just about the best PDA on the market you can buy for a very decent price.

The screens looks really awesome too.

Did you ever get it? Give us a little review on how you like it.

I'm looking into purchasing one, but I need it to either sync with a PUBLIC calender from Microsoft Outlook 2003 or download from an Exchange server via wireless. If you could confirm any of these, please let me know, I'd appreciate it! ;)

Congratz on the new gadget!

SB22 said:
Did you ever get it? Give us a little review on how you like it.

I'm looking into purchasing one, but I need it to either sync with a PUBLIC calender from Microsoft Outlook 2003 or download from an Exchange server via wireless. If you could confirm any of these, please let me know, I'd appreciate it! ;)
I got it. It's an amazing little device and I love it. The only thing is with transcriber, I tend to write sideways and when it tries to reconize what I wrote, it turns out to be all gibberish and it doesn't read everything correctly. Better than Calligrapher though. At least in my opinion.

Anyway, it syncs like a dream with my PC. I never have any issues with it and VGA is really cool and makes reading eBooks more enjoyable than in the older, QVGA (I think that's the name) resolution.

I'm not sure what a public calender is and I would really love to be able to sync it with WiFi but I don't know how to do that. Can you only do that via an Exchange server? I don't even know whan an Exchange server is.

Back