What do you think of MMOS?

What a joke. 4000 broken families, of a player base of 12.5 million, that isn't even a fraction of a percent.

Let me preface this by saying that I play video games all the time, and spend a lot of my non playing time on computers. The guy in that video is a tool, plain and simple.

Video game addiction is one of the most ridiculous concepts I have ever heard. You may as well say this entire country has TV addiction if you want to start throwing labels onto people enjoying entertainment. Concepts like this are sad attempts by people to compensate for their own shortcomings. I mean seriously, computer related injury? Are you serious?

You may as well say this entire country has TV addiction if you want to start throwing labels onto people enjoying entertainment.
this is probably true, but haven't we heard of more people destroy marriages/families/careers because they were playing WoW/etc. than from watching too much TV? Now that I think about it, as soon as a 24/7 TV show comes out (think Truman Show) I'm sure thats what we'd have.

Let me preface this by saying that I play video games all the time, and spend a lot of my non playing time on computers. The guy in that video is a tool, plain and simple.

Video game addiction is one of the most ridiculous concepts I have ever heard. You may as well say this entire country has TV addiction if you want to start throwing labels onto people enjoying entertainment. Concepts like this are sad attempts by people to compensate for their own shortcomings. I mean seriously, computer related injury? Are you serious?

Well Prodigy. I do play video games, been playing them for 23 years now, since Space Commanders came out. I do play MMOs. And RSI does exist. I have it. And I did get it for abusing the computer. So yes, in that part it is serious. What doesn't clicks is the "Game Fanatic" on that video saying that MMOs do not require skill.

Not MMORPG's per se, but RPG's have more lingering effects than other genres.

With FPS, you go in, blow some steam, and then once you're done, you walk away. RPGs on the other hand, will have you wondering about stats and item modifier bonuses for hours.

BTW, thanks for the video. I now know that there is no way i can have carpal tunnel. I use the claw grip and my wrist never comes in contact with anything, my hand is slightly off the edge of the table, much like how much contact your palm has when your hand is resting on the keyboard. I've seen my friends and the are around their wrist bones are inflamed or calloused, mine's normal =)

How MMO affects school
aaaaad.jpg

EDIT: BTW, what is the opposite of pro?

Those people who got addicted to video games and destroy their own life have issues with themself, its not the video game fault because there are others too who can spend a lot of time on these games and still lead a normal life.

its all about how a person manages his own time, knows the correct priority, etc etc...

A person who don't know the proper priorities can equally damage his own life by getting addicted to other stuff such as excessive drinking, gambling and so on.

There is a problem when a person gets too addicted to something, but the problem lies in the person themself. Not the video games or whatever activity it is. I don't know why some people choose to blame video games and so on, instead of blaming the person involve

How MMO affects school
aaaaad.jpg

EDIT: BTW, what is the opposite of pro?
The first one is wrong, too. It should be "life."

I would say "anti" is the opposite of "pro," but it depends on the context--for instance, one can be pro-abortion or anti-abortion.

I'm frightened of most, as they consume way too much time. Prioritising is not my strong point.

that's the most excessive keyword stuffing i've ever seen in a URL.

as the opposite of pro, i would say contra?

i think it's great that gaming reached a point where you do stuff together with friends. the issue with current business models is "more time spent = more money made", which is why all popular games are designed as primitive time sinks. i'd love to see more models like guild wars (pay once instead of monthly), where the amount of time spent is not related to how good the experience is. the "real" MMOs make no sense if you don't play on a regular basis.

Last edited:
@timme
How about if they turn it into .hack//sign?

I think the skill debate is really assinine. I played WoW pretty hardcore for about 3 years as a main tank/raid leader and also led 2000+ 3-man and 5-man arena teams. The game definitely takes some skill and knowledge at the high end. I've never played other MMO's but I've heard that others are even more challenging on the individual.

Since finishing school I've cut off MMO's in favor of FPS/RTS games which were my favorites prior to getting sucked in to WoW. All of these genre's require skill but MMO's also require time if you really want to be competitive. Yes, you need to commit playtime to FPS/RTS games to be good but it's hardly as much of a requirement as an MMO where to maximize yourself you must literally spend hours grinding at tasks that don't make you a better player, just increase your money/stats/gear.

I doubt I'll go back to an MMO again as I just don't have the time with my job, woman and social life. If I can't be the best I don't want to play at all and I can at least compete in FPS/RTS games on a limited play schedule.

I think the skill debate is really assinine. I played WoW pretty hardcore for about 3 years as a main tank/raid leader and also led 2000+ 3-man and 5-man arena teams. The game definitely takes some skill and knowledge at the high end. I've never played other MMO's but I've heard that others are even more challenging on the individual.

Since finishing school I've cut off MMO's in favor of FPS/RTS games which were my favorites prior to getting sucked in to WoW. All of these genre's require skill but MMO's also require time if you really want to be competitive. Yes, you need to commit playtime to FPS/RTS games to be good but it's hardly as much of a requirement as an MMO where to maximize yourself you must literally spend hours grinding at tasks that don't make you a better player, just increase your money/stats/gear.

I doubt I'll go back to an MMO again as I just don't have the time with my job, woman and social life. If I can't be the best I don't want to play at all and I can at least compete in FPS/RTS games on a limited play schedule.

couldnt agree more.

Aristotle's golden mean should be applied with almost everything including WOW.

I've played quite a few. Mostly Korean MMORPG. They all have the same formula. The one with the better equipment wins. Battles consist of standing two feet from each other hitting until one of them runs out of heal items.

Gameplay consists of 99%+ of the time monster hunting. Seriously. Despite what other MMO players say about PvP, for every minute they play PvP, they spend over an hour and a half grinding until their brains go numb. Even then, PvP is determined by who has the better equipment.

Weird definition of fun.

Not having the time to play all those MMORPG's i picked one, and focused all my energy on that. Two years later, i lost it. Server got upgraded, and the password recovery doesn't work because it asks for a password hint, and the character was around before they added the password hint, so there's no way i can answer it. The GM's checked and they say that my character is still in the database and even commented that it had some pretty powerful rares even by their standards. But there's no way to access it through the game so it's now stuck in limbo. I no longer have the energy left to start over from nothing and have retired from MMORPG's since.

I've gotten some PM's claiming that i don't know what i'm talking about and that MMORPG's take skill. Trust me, i live in southeast asia and MMORPG's here are a dime a dozen. Planning your build, and finding out how to get the necessary equipment are done offline, researching is not a skill. And no skill is actually used when playing the game itself.

Here's one of the companies.

http://www.levelupgames.ph/index.php

Even if you include their unlisted games that have already been phased out, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm a chronic FPS player but i've been know to skip it altogether if i need to get some work done, but MMO is the only one i can say is addicting/damaging.

I dislike MMOs. For a long time I vowed not to waste time on them after I wasted a lot of time on a text based MMO about 8 years ago. But then I bought WAR and I spent most my last holidays playing it and regret every minute of it :p I could have been doing something productive, instead all I have to show for it is a level 40 black orc, level 38 squig herder and assorted other toons on an account I never intend to renew.

FPS games I just play for a short while after getting home after a crap day to blow off some steam and reduce my urge to kill everyone I see :p MMOs waste huge amounts of time. 24 hours of game time in an FPS game is huge, in most MMOs I've played, 24 hours doesn't get you too far.

In my view, you'll never look back on your life and said to yourself "I wish I got that toon another 5 levels higher so I could unlock that spell". :p

The first one is wrong, too. It should be "life."

I would say "anti" is the opposite of "pro," but it depends on the context--for instance, one can be pro-abortion or anti-abortion.

If Con is the opposite of Pro, what is the opposite of Congress? =)

I'm hoping a great MMOFPS comes out that focuses on fun battles that you can hop in / hop out at your leisure without being left behind or feeling useless. I love the idea of a persistent world and organizing into armies/guilds/clans. I'm hoping as tech progresses we could see something like a persistent world BF2 or UT Onslaught mode.

I'm hoping a great MMOFPS comes out that focuses on fun battles that you can hop in / hop out at your leisure without being left behind or feeling useless. I love the idea of a persistent world and organizing into armies/guilds/clans. I'm hoping as tech progresses we could see something like a persistent world BF2 or UT Onslaught mode.

or World of Left 4 Dead where massive groups have to contain a global infection through zombie killing and team orgies for none infected repopulation.

Global Agenda:
http://www.globalagendagame.com/Index.html

Hope it's good.

If Con is the opposite of Pro, what is the opposite of Congress? =)

You have to stop thinking like that. I have been on both sides. You think you're being screwed, and you're right. The thing is the alternatives that already exists, like Comunism and Islam(IRAN) which are both Totalitarian are even worse. If you jump to a non Congress, well then you'll end up with a society developed through scarcity. Like in Venezuela. Before any protest, I'm merely quoting one of the government officials in Venezuela. The facts are up to you to find out.

In another aspect of the Video. Who has suffered from RSI, tendinitis, carpal tunnel, anything. By abusing the computer?

Back