What do you think of COD: Black Ops 2?

vmsdraco

n00b
I haven't completed the solo campaign and just started leveling up on Multiplayer. I find the way they have MP setup is interesting, no longer do you have the freedom to select a specific map and the server groups you with other players that I guess have the same connection speed? I like the new weapons along with audio that goes with them. The maps are challenging. I look forward to hearing everyone's opinion of this game.

Same shit as the last few games. Played it, felt annoyed, stopped playing it. This was at a buddy's house. Zombies was fun as hell though. Should release a zombies standalone imo. I'd be all over that.

I've survived through every iteration of this series...ups, downs, no dedis, p2p networks etc...this one is fucking gold. I love everything about it and will be playing for some time to come.

I haven't played this one yet but if you like COD game play this one seems to be the best release so far. I just wish they would offer discounts or sales on them, I don't want to pay $60 to try it out (I'm really only interested because I want to try out TXAA).

I really want to try zombie survival mode and single-player. Trying very hard to justify the $60 purchase. Not quite there yet.

All my friends play it on xbox and nagged me into getting it. It's a pretty fun MP experience, but nothing revolutionary.

the lack of hardcore modes is the one of the only problems i have. cant stand having to put a clip into someone in order to kill them.

I think this Call of Duty is solid. I like the sounds in this version much more than most older CODs. Its worth the money mostly at least for me. ;)

I'm loving it. Really liked the original Black Ops but it really doesn't hold a candle to BO2. Everything is just better. I'm especially liking the new Zombies maps... just wish it shipped with more (and wish that nuketown was available sooner)

My other gripe is that they killed the nuketown 24/7 mode. It's a spamfest usually, but it's great for leveling.

the lack of hardcore modes is the one of the only problems i have. cant stand having to put a clip into someone in order to kill them.

Don't quote me, as I haven't actually tried HC yet, but I'm fairly positive that it's in BO2. I'd be really surprised if they removed it, since many people like that type of gameplay.

I hate it so far. The plot and dialog in the single player campaign are just like nails on a chalk board. I could write Counter-strike fan fiction better than that nonsense.

The multiplayer is just got awful it reminds me of CSS joke map called two rooms. It's just two rooms semi-divided by a doorway. It's 64 man and everyone is dead usually in about 10 seconds then the map resets. BLOPS2 is that with Deathmatch and god it's so boring. Somebody shoots me I shoot them they shoot me over and over because you spawn maybe 10ft away from the person who killed you. I sat down and played every map with my cousins for maybe 3 hours. It was so miserable I haven't picked up the game since. Some of the maps are about the size of the two attack points in BFBC2 rush mode. It's fucking sad.

I have not played Zombie mode however. That's supposedly the appeal of this garbage heap franchise. Maybe I'll update later.

Last edited:
I hate it so far. The plot and dialog in the single player campaign are just like nails on a chalk board. I could write Counter-strike fan fiction better than that nonsense.

The multiplayer is just got awful it reminds me of CSS joke map called two rooms. It's just two rooms semi-divided by a doorway. It's 64 man and everyone is dead usually in about 10 seconds then the map resets. BLOPS2 is that with Deathmatch and god it's so boring. Somebody shoots me I shoot them they shoot me over and over because you literally maybe 10ft away from the person who killed you. I sat down and played every map with my cousins for maybe 3 hours after. It was so miserable I haven't picked up the game since. Some of the maps are about the size of the two attack points in BFBC2 rush mode. It's fucking sad.

I have not played Zombie mode however. That's supposedly the appeal of this garbage heap franchise. Maybe I'll update later.

Your voice should be the one in my head. It's literally the same.

I agree, try Zombie mode and see if that changes anything. Despite that, $60 for ONLY zombies is bullshit to begin with.

?? theres hardcore, I played a few rounds of harcore tdm last night lol. my only complaint is there isnt all the same modes in hardcore as there is in normal, think its like half of them.

Last edited:
i'm having fun with it. the multiplayer is solid; there's enough weapon/gadget variety to keep me entertained and the maps are decent (not fantastic, but pretty good). it makes me feel bi-polar though. one moment i'm having a blast and the next i'm infuriated from getting my ass handed to me. yes i know it's juvenile to get worked up over video games. it happens, i'm not dead inside :D

i've only played a little of the singleplayer campaign. it's forgettable but it takes a lot for a singleplayer campaign to draw me in. it has a teenage 'bro-fist' vibe to it in my opinion. one thing that shocked me in singleplayer is the improvement they made in animations, particularly the facial animations.

i'm having fun with it. the multiplayer is solid; there's enough weapon/gadget variety to keep me entertained and the maps are decent (not fantastic, but pretty good). it makes me feel bi-polar though. one moment i'm having a blast and the next i'm infuriated from getting my ass handed to me. yes i know it's juvenile to get worked up over video games. it happens, i'm not dead inside :D

i've only played a little of the singleplayer campaign. it's forgettable but it takes a lot for a singleplayer campaign to draw me in. it has a teenage 'bro-fist' vibe to it in my opinion. one thing that shocked me in singleplayer is the improvement they made in animations, particularly the facial animations.

worst game to make you bi-polar? sticks and stones, I never rage as hard as i did the first time I was winning, 8 seconds left on the clock and I got axed, finsihed the map with top kills, least deaths and 0 for a score lol.

On the reverse, nothing better than axing someone in the top 3 with 10 seconds left, and bumping yourself into the top 3 instead.

Last edited:
worst game to make you bi-polar? sticks and stones, I never rage a shar da s i did the first time I was winning, 8 seconds left ont he clock and I got axed, finsihed the map woth top kills, least deaths and 0 for a score lol.

On the reverse, nothing better than axing someone in the top 3 with 10 seconds left, and bumping yourself into the top 3 instead.

images

Far superior to that PoS MW3. The maps have some actual color and aren't all war zones where 60% of the map is rubble.

Gameplay is pretty fun, and I do like that they really nerfed some aspects. No more super lunging with most knifes and very little n00b tubing is great. The future aspect of the game is almost non-existent. To be set in 2025 I am shocked at how modern it looks. Except for the emp grenade and a few scorestreaks I would have called every map modern. Maybe Hijacked is somewhat futuristic in the outside design, but modern on deck. Kind of a shame, but whatever.

The last CoD I played was MW1 and with BLOPS2 I'm sort of mixed on it at times, though it is more on the positive side. Stopped playing the single player after a few missions because it just was not remotely interesting at all. Probably check it out again tonight or something.

The multiplayer can be a shit load of fun but something seems so off about the hit reg or maybe BF3 was so ridiculously fucking bad with that that I now notice it more in other games. There are balance issues here and there and the maps feel so goddamn small sometimes but Kill Confirmed is awesome enough to level a bit of that out for me. Also, the 10 slots for weapons/perks is pretty damn interesting

I won't play it as much as MW1 but I'm having fun with it

Other than the fact that BLOPS2 as a spoke of the larger machine that is the annualized COD release is the pinnacle of everything that is wrong with the current console era of game bolted onto the side of a marketing scheme, well the kids do seem to love it.

Maybe the PC playerbase is different but god help you if your only choice is MP on the consoles -- friend showed me a round of MP on XBOX and it was just a chorus of mickey mouse kid voices calling everyone else's grandmothers f@ggot n-words. I realize that phenomenon is not unique to BLOPS2 but the phrases COD and BLOPS do seem to bring them out in overwhelming numbers like a bat signal for the oxygen deprived at birth.

Last edited:
Other than the fact that BLOPS2 as a spoke of the larger machine that is the annualized COD release is the pinnacle of everything that is wrong with the current console era of game bolted onto the side of a marketing scheme, well the kids do seem to love it.

Maybe the PC playerbase is different but god help you if your only choice is MP on the consoles -- friend showed me a round of MP on XBOX and it was just a chorus of mickey mouse kid voices calling everyone else's grandmothers f@ggot n-words. I realize that phenomenon is not unique to BLOPS2 but the phrases COD and BLOPS do seem to bring them out in overwhelming numbers like a bat signal for the oxygen deprived at birth.

Rofl. If I heard my kid doing something like that (granted I don't have a kid...yet), I'd probably throw his xbox out the window and beat the shit out of him. Can only imagine the parents of these kids.

haha this is very true, and well put.

Why I don't play mp xbox ever or use server voip. I would spend most of my time wondering wtf parents do these days. A good spanking actually is a good thing every now and then.

Why I don't play mp xbox ever or use server voip. I would spend most of my time wondering wtf parents do these days. A good spanking actually is a good thing every now and then.

Spanking? Kids need hitting. A little blood never hurt anyone (unless it was your blood). C'mon, anyone remember the 60s? :D

Couldn't tell you. Im always in a party chat with friends so i don't hear the random chat lol.

nice thing about BLOPS2 is you have the option to turn off communication entirely, if you don't want to hear it. you can disable VOIP and text chat.

My friend & I actually enjoy the SP story gameplay (minus the QTEs). Once I own it, I'll get my money's worth from it. Not really interested in the MP at all though.

Oh look, it's a disgruntled fucker that hates seeing/hearing people have fun and is too cheap to pay $100 a year for the most awesome arcade fps MP experience available.:D:p *runs around dual wielding troll swords with 4 killstreaks ready to be unleashed*

It is much better on the PC. That's always been the case, the PC has less issues with dumbass kids playing games. I think it is in part because PC gaming is more expensive, in general, and so something you get an older crowd on. Also since voice chat is something you only get in some PC games, people usually don't make much use of it.

So there's a hell of a lot less of that stuff, even in CoD games, on the PC.

It was fun to play thru on PC, but I still prefer Battlefield 3 for my online mayhem.

Back