What do you set your cpu Fan speed to when overclocking?

leh18621

[H]ard|Gawd
I was playing around tonight and I realized my fan speed was set to Silent. After running a few tests I realized this was holding me back with overclocking my cpu and staying within safe temps (a big duh here).

So what do you set your cpu fan to? Standard or high?

I use % to set speed. It depends on the fan and the noise/temp you are willing to tolerate. I currently have a 2000RPM fan set to 75% at around 1500 RPM.

all depends on the heatsink.. fan.. and temps.. but since im lazy and my heatsink has a manual fan control on the fan its self i just leave it at 100% which is 1998 rpm's and leave it there..

I've got a Nexus PWM fan, max speed is about 1850rpm. I just set it to auto, it reaches max speed at about 55-60 C.

all depends on the heatsink.. fan.. and temps.. but since im lazy and my heatsink has a manual fan control on the fan its self i just leave it at 100% which is 1998 rpm's and leave it there..

This :)

i'm a lazy guy, and all my fans are manually controlled......so I just set them to either 100%, or as low as they go(which is dam near silent)....But my CPU fan is usually at around either 1k, or 2k speed on a SunBeam Core Contact Freezer

Mine are also manually controlled and if I am testing out new clocks etc then they run at 100%, but day to day normal is 900rpm for the HS fan and 800rpm for all others.

The 120mm Delta Fan I have on my Tuniq Tower is very loud at full blast, so I usually keep it at 7v unless it's a really hot day. Though at LANparties, etc I usually run the fans at full blast since there is so much ambient noise anyway.

Until I get a fan controller so I can crank it up when im doing something demanding like gaming or encoding I just leave it a pegged at 100%.

Once I get a controller I'd probably turn it down for websurfing and other such activities.

Back