What do you plan on playing next month and why?

limxdul

Limp Gawd
So we have a few awesome games due for release in the next few months including:

toplay.jpg

These are on my to-play list for that time period. What are yours, and why?

Mercenaries 2 - The explosions and full screen effects that acompanied them sold me.
Far Cry 2 - I enjoyed the AI of the first one and the environment.
Fallout 3 - I liked fallout 2 and am willing to give Bethesda a chance on this even though it isn't turned based.
Left 4 Dead - It'll give me something to play online aside from just TF2 all the time.
Witcher Enhanced Edition - Haven't even bothered playing my original version just to wait for the patch to come out.
Crysis Warhead - I'll give it a shot, I liked Crysis.

Man its gonna suck trying to find the time to play em all though. Then theres the potential of Warhammer Online not flopping and then theres Saint's Row 2, the upcoming NWN2 expansion, and a few other games.

Fallout 3 and Deadspace will keep me busy until GOW2 and L4D are released.

Well my list for September...

1. Stalker: Clear Sky
2. The Witcher: Enhanced
3. Mount and Blade Final

Then October

1. Fallout 3
2. MotoGP 08

Clear Sky, and fuck everything else.

Actually, maybe RA2, if it's good and not like C&C3.

Far Cry 2 because of all the pretty graphics and such.
Crysis Warhead, for mostly the same reason as above.
Fallout 3, never played Fallout, so might as well try this one.
Clear Sky because I loved the first one.
Dead Space, the videos looked awesome.

What will keep be busy this fall, and probably keep me from getting A's in my classes are:

C&C- I'v always been a C&C fan I have been playing it since the original red alert. Also the Beta is fun.
FarCry 2- Awesome gameplay, graphics and its going to be a phatt FPS.
Crysis- Great FPS, awesome graphics, gameplay from another perspective. Kind of like Halflife and Opposing forces.
I am also waiting for brother in arms hell highway.

September:

SPORE
The Force Unleashed
Pure

October:

Fable 2
Fallout 3
Red Alert 3
Dead Space

*wish I had time for:

Infinate Undiscovery
The Witcher: EE
Mercenaries 2
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Saint's Row 2
Far Cry 2
MotoGP 08

is this some type of trick question? i plan on playing and beating every single one. (except mmo)

STALKER Clear Sky
Fallout 3
Force Unleashed
Harvest Moon Wii
Far Cry 2

Damn...weekends will be BOOKED.

September:
Clear Sky
Mercs 2
Spore
Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Crysis: Warhead

October:
Dead Space

November:
Left 4 Dead

harvest moon is coming out on the wii? now im really mad i sold mine. damn court fines!

Probably Warhammer Online and whatever good 360 games come out soon.

I just beat STALKER last week and loved every second of it. Clear Sky is far and away my top priority.

So many games just haven't sold me yet as I'm terrified to buy any games that could suffer from retardations gained from parallel console development. I'm looking right at you Fallout 3 and Farcry 2.

Bottom line is there' s so many potentially good games coming out and plenty of potentially disappointed games that I won't know for sure what to get until I see some reviews and play some demos. Clear Sky will get my money on day one. I love supporting new and creative PC developers like GSC.

1. WAR - (hopefully its good. WoW had me hooked for couple years but gave up mmorpg last year)

2. Fallout 3

Seems like Clear Sky is a consensus among us -- I have to admit the first one was just too good not to play the sequel. Hope they don't f it up though. I've been also looking for some sort of space sim similar to freelancer. I haven't played one since then and I've been missing out bad.

Clear Sky - Original game with an awesome setting. If they keep the mood of the first game, with new levels and new equipment, this game is going to rule. Replay value is also very high.

Crysis Warhead - I liked Crysis. Awesome graphics and awesome gameplay with tremendous replayability.

Fallout 3 - Never played the first two, so I would like to try this one out.

Never played Stalker but is it more fun than Oblivion? They seem similar.

Crysis Warhead but going to wait for user reviews here on this forum. Crossing fingers for a better anti cheat then their abysmal multiplayer one.

Fallout 3 - new company, different playstyle but played the originals must try it out.

I would wait on War just for a couple months at least its polished but like half finished polished if that makes sense. They just ripped a huge chunk of what they originally had major disappointment.

I liked oblivion and got 176 hours played on it, but never actually got very far, it didn't draw me in. A lot of that was putting mods in to look like a pimp and godmoding the guards.

I finished Stalker, though, and nealy shat myself in the process.

I liked oblivion and got 176 hours played on it, but never actually got very far, it didn't draw me in. A lot of that was putting mods in to look like a pimp and godmoding the guards.

I finished Stalker, though, and nealy shat myself in the process.

176 hors and you didn't feel immersed? That's some persistence!

Stalker comes out in a week... can't wait!

NHL 09, NHL 2k9

Stalker. Honestly I wasn't impressed at all with Stalker, I got it when it came out and I couldnt stand it, I keep trying to get into it with mods and tweaks, but the game just sucks for me. I know some people loved it, and Im hoping clear skies might be what I need to get into it.

Warhead. I loved Crysis, and warhead looks like its sticking to the best parts of gameplay.

I'll probably give Fallout 3 a try, I have mixed feelings about it so far, but who knows.

Farcry2 when it comes out, and I have a feeling it will be delayed.

Spore, no, probably not.

rarely do I get 1 game a month to play but September I get like 5.

Yggdra Union
Disgaea DS
Naruto Path of the ninja 2
DQ4
Sonic Chronicles the dark brotherhood - Mario RPG ruled ..... Don't fuck it up sega.

Im looking forward to the new red alert. I played the C&C games pretty heavily for the first few titles but strayed away after RA2, im hoping this will get me back into the buisiness

Also clear skys looks fun, Im going to download S.T.A.L.K.E.R tonight and play through that first though

Warhammer Online for PC
NHL09 or NHL2k9 on PS3
Maybe one of the JRPGs for 360

That's probably it for September, since there's a ton of stuff coming out in October/November that I'm interested it.

No console RPG people? Disgaea 3, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia all next week.

September:
STALKER: CS - I loved the first game and this one looks even better
The Witcher: Enhanced - Bought the original retail but heard about this release after I hit the end of act 2 so I stopped to wait
NWM2 expansion - I loved Mask of the Betrayer, so much better than the original campaign. I have high hopes for this one

October:
Fallout 3 - I'm a fallout nut so I have to play it

November:
Left 4 Dead - Everyone at Shacknews is going nuts for this. So that means a lot of great people to play this with.

That's just for PC releases. I have no clue for consoles besides Little Big Planet

1. Spore
2. Mercs2 - Hey ya get to blow crap up; how can it go wrong?
3. FarCr2y 2
4. Fallout 3 - Might go back through and fire up the orig's just to get moded up.

Considering list:
1. Rise of the Argonauts
2. Aliens: Colonial Marines - I think this is still due out this year
3. Red Alert 3
4. Most likely on the distant horizon; Borderlands

The Witcher. Made it to Chapter 3 or 4 before they first announced the Enhanced version and it's been sitting on the shelf ever since. If I had known at the time that it would have taken so long, I probably would have just finished the game.

ill be playing tiger woods golf 09 on my 360 with a few bros.
gears of war coop online when its released

SPORE and FALLOUT 3 Love quality single player games, playing mass effect right now.
Although I wish Spore had some sort of multiplayer.

No console RPG people? Disgaea 3, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia all next week.

xbox 360 faulty hardware I no buy, and Disgaea 3 is the 1 and only game I would want to play on the PS3 right now I will wait until they have at least 5 games I want, and besides I will have Disgaea ds to hold me off until some more PS3 rpg's come out.

But I do really like the large spike of RPG's for all systems.

Too Human is going to keep me busy for a while.

But next month is Rock Band 2. Hopefully the Bike Pack for Burnout Paradise will be out next month as well.

October will be Fable 2. By the time I finish that, it'll be November and I'll be playing Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, and possibly Gears of War 2.

I'm gonna be playing PS2 if my friend sells his to me. Only 45EUR :0

List of games I must have
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater
Shadow of Colossus
God of War 1 & 2
Any Final Fantasy haha.
Can't think of more now but there's loads.

I'll be playing J-O-B all next month, probably for about 40-50+ hours a week. Probably the following month too...and the month after that... :rolleyes:

About a month ago I picked up The Witcher, but I've had it sitting on my shelf unopened, waiting for the enhanced edition patch so that I can get the full experience when I play it. So that's most likely what I'll be playing for the month of September. I'm a pretty cost conscious gamer, so it's unlikely that I'll pick up anything new in Sept, although the allure of Spore is going to be hard to resist and the $30 price tag on Warhead is pretty enticing also. More likely though, I'll pick up one of the numerous games of yesteryear that I haven't got to yet, starting with Medieval 2 and Opposing Fronts which are both now in sub-$20 territory.

Back