What do you listen to while gaming?

Jack Johnson....but I played some Limp Bizkit for the first time in years the other day while playing NFS Most Wanted and that was awesome while out running the cops.

dderidex said:
Played Tribes 2 too, huh?

With a team good on offense, heavy flag defense can get BO-RING. Thank the gods for that plugin! :p
Ahhh, I remember that for tribes 1 :)

I listen to ingame music and sounds, it really helps me get into the game. Without it, or with music in the background, it just feels like im not involved in the game

i listen to electronic music, dance, trance, anything of that genre pretty much, but i only do that when im drunk or high, helps me focus better

In game mostly, but I'll put on Daft Punk or some country to keep my senses up to speed. :)

fps = drum n bass

i dont play much else... and none of that pansy single player crap, mp only, and competitive mods, none of this vanilla load up a game and play with tools Q4MAX FOR LIFE $$$44$4$4$$$41!!111oneoneevelen

In EVE I listen to trance or www.eve-radio.com When I used to pvp in SWG it was mostly System of a Down or Slipknot. Ill listen to the bundled music for the first few hours but then turn it off depending on the game.

techno and hard rock as of recently

but one of my best memories is playing "Bone Thugs n Harmony (Art of War cd)" during q1ctf.. it was the best cd to listen to during gaming for me.... but i lost the cd and my mp3's :(

Well, I dont really listen to anything cause I cant make it out over the constant complaining that my wife is doing because Im on the computer and not spending time with her and the kids...

Mesquite said:
Well, I dont really listen to anything cause I cant make it out over the constant complaining that my wife is doing because Im on the computer and not spending time with her and the kids...
o now thats funny.

Fond memories of playing sp Q2 with Slayer in the cd rom rather than the disc itself. Ahhh the good old days. Sub in Megadeth and Deicide, maybe a little Obituary. I always felt that it DID add a little something to the experience.

Fast paced action FPS = Heavy metal (aka. Halo, UT2004, BF2 to name a few that work well for me)
Stealth based FPS = nothing but game, with ingame music off.
Racing = Whatever im in the mood for, doesnt effect gameplay like the FPS's.

high temp rap, or just some rnb. I set up the global keys in foobar so i can turn it on and off during gaming. Usually turn it on when I die and off when the match restarts.

I listen to things that I won't on a normal basis in, such music like Kool & The Gang, and WAR and stuff. Where I usually (regularly) listen to Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, etc.

I'll always listen to some heavy metal BEFORE playing the set game.

I've got some weird 'rituals' goin' on :p.

In game music and sound FX. the only game that i might turn on other music for, is gran turismo 4. but, my altec lansing speakers are awesome so I can run the music over the top of the game sound FX, and it sounds like the music is mixed with the game. so its transparent really, i'm just customizing my music, and not really losing anything. I could do the same with other games too, but none racing games usually benefit from their specific music, for mood and atmosphere, its rare that you find other music that fits all the time. except condemned, curiously, some japanese alt rock I have was perfect through the entire demo.

usually the ingame stuff if I'm trying to be real productive, but if I'm not too concerned about my performance in the game I listen to rap.

CS: Source: I don't listen to music, I like to hear footsteps, and I wear a headset with a mic.
Quake 4: Fear Factory, Dimmu Borgir, Slayer, Sunn O))), Pitchshifter, Anything fast and or Heavy
Diablo II: Something relaxing
Racing Games: Same as Quake 4.

Usually Winamp plays Metal Tunes during the grinding in City Of Heroes
Don't Think i have something else anyway

8o)

I usually have an iTunes playlist set up in the background. It varies from Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Destruction, Anthrax, Exodus, Pantera, and a little GWAR here and there.

def. usually listen to my shuffle. either through earbuds, computer, or the 360. An assortment of metal, rock (classic), and country.
-cody

Me and my buddies still get together for some LAN fun for Quake 2 or UT original and it has to be NiN or Rage against the Machine.

showgun said:
Lol, every now and then I'd watch a dvd too. I had a dual mirror set up so that I could see the TV behind me without the picture being reversed.
OH WOW!! Just tells youhow addicting wow is.........
But nice, very creative.

Counter-Strike - AC/DC, Metallica, and maybe some sort of techno to keep my blood flowing

Command and Conquer - I extracted the music from Total Annihilation onto a CD and I listen to it. (classical stuff)

Most of the time I just listen to the game music, but if I do switch it up, I kisten to the above.

I listen to comtempory christian music if I am doing well also. It puts me in the mood to pray for some of the noobs I destroy on a regular basis.

I stream music onto my 360 and listen to that. I love how it sometimes lines up perfectly w/ the action in the game.

Like in NFS:MW during a ramping scene or when the police spot you...sometimes it's just perfectly aligned w/ a song. :cool:

I just listen to the in game sounds. If the game has music I turn it down very low or off altogether.

for cs:s i always listen to a mix of alternative rock / punk rockish kind of stuff

Stuff like

-Hawthorne Heights
-Nickelback
-Fall out boy
-Disturbed
-System of a Down
-The Magic Numbers
-Snow Patrol
-Coldplay
-Days of the New
-Greenday
-Incubus
-Seether
-Staind
-Three Days Grace
-Breaking Benjamin
-Crossfade
-The Decemberists
-Dispatch
-Dream Theater
-Sum 41
-Funeral for a Friend
-My Chemical Romance
-The Starting Line

Pantera and Slipknot mostly when mmorpging.

FPS's-gotta hear the footsteps of thine enemy so that you can hear those footsteps dissolve into a hail of bullets, a scream, some gurgling and the trickling of blood.

Back