What do you do with your old PC Games?

lone wolf

Gawd
My wife has been drooling for the release of the Sims3 game. She has every Sims game, and expansion pack that has every come out. I went to the local GameStop and they don't take in PC games like console games. So...I'm stuck with games that will be stting in my garage taking up space.

What do you do with all of your pc games once you have beaten them, or something else comies along?

BTW, my wife isn't the only ones with games being stored:rolleyes: I have the origional Castle Wolfenstein, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Battlefield 1942.... all just collecting dust now.

It depends if you're looking to save them or not. A lot of people like to just hold on to old games because they enjoy the collecting aspect (which means they usualyl need a shelf or bookcase), while others prefer to sell games they've beaten.

The FS forum here on [H]ard is a good place to sell your old games. Or you could use ebay...

I keep the original cds in a box/drawer, keep an image on a spare hard drive just in case, and record all serial numbers in a txt document on the drive as well.

mine are sitting in a box in the closet... shoot I even have the original 3disk as in floppy setup of doom.

I donate my old pc games to our local computer store who has a lan setup for the local kids to play on..

I've given maybe 14 so far and they seem to love it..

Once I am done with a game and know I will not be playing it again I usually put them on ebay or even here in the for sale forum. Then I take the proceeds and put them towards new games.

My wife has been drooling for the release of the Sims3 game. She has every Sims game, and expansion pack that has every come out. I went to the local GameStop and they don't take in PC games like console games. So...I'm stuck with games that will be stting in my garage taking up space.

What do you do with all of your pc games once you have beaten them, or something else comies along?

BTW, my wife isn't the only ones with games being stored:rolleyes: I have the origional Castle Wolfenstein, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Battlefield 1942.... all just collecting dust now.

I put them back to their place on my shelf. I don't sell my games anymore even before EB stopped taking them. You never know when you will want to play it again. I have tons of games to beat so once I am done I find another to begin. The playing never ends for a man with over 200 games. I just finished RE4 and afterwards I put it on my shelf, thought of blowing my brains out (i hated it) and started Zeno Clash right up.

I keep em for years, and then resurrect them for a replay. Usually by then, I've forgotten stuff, and it's semi-new gameplay again.

Last set of games I had were just stacking up in a box. I sold the box of games on ebay in a bundle.

I just finished RE4 and afterwards I put it on my shelf, thought of blowing my brains out (i hated it)
I don't blame you if it was the PC version. If it wasn't.. :mad:

I keep all my good games on my shelf. I try to sell the really shitty ones.

The games I'v beaten and I know dont have good replay value, I sold and sell them on ebay and in for sale threads in forums like in here.

I keep the really good ones that are still a joy playing them again and the ones you know there will be single player mods that are out there.

Keep 'em. I've never sold or traded a PC game I've owned and never intend to.

Depends on the game. I like to keep my games, but a lot of times I'll let my brothers play them and then just never ask for them back.

That depends....

If it's a good game, I keep it.

If it's a bad game, I give it to relatives.

+1

I have a friend/boss I give the gaming equipment I'm replacing and most of the games I've beaten to. I prefer he keep em because he takes care of em WAY better than I do. :p

The only games I got sitting on my bookshelf that I'll probably never go back to are FarCry 2, Dawn of War 2(I suck so bad at RTS :() and the Witcher(Beat it enough, I'm doooone).

I keep all my games as I might want to play them again. I've lost track of the number of times I've replayed older games even years after I put them up.

depending how old the game is.. and if i actually liked it.. most of my old games have turned into shot gun targets.. throwing them like clay pidgins... they look pretty cool when they shatter into a million pieces.. :p

Most of the dos games, I store away, after I load the image onto my dosbox zip drive, makes it a perfect portable gaming collection, to just plug in and play anywhere. Especially older RPG's and turn based strat games.

Older windows games with higher res graphics, ironically don't nearly age as well, since a lot of them are 3-d, they end up sitting in a binder, somewhere.

There's a local business here that is begging for support, so I always take games I never play anymore and drop them off, get a pretty good deal on store credit, and use that money to buy another game.

I never break even but I do save some money and support a local store in the process, so I don't mind.

P1010147.jpg
P1010148.jpg

The good ones I replay now and again. So I keep them. All the way back to the DOS era. Have an old PC just for it since, of late, DOS box seems to get worse with every revision rather then better. I rarely buy horrible games since I wait a few weeks after they launch b4 buying, and the ones I do end up with typically have to low a resell value to make it worth bothering with ebay.

I've gotten into a habit of displaying them in my bookcase. I have a really bad habit of not selling anything.

I keep all of my games. Sometimes after a couple years I will dust them off an play them again. Especially if the first time around I could not play them with maxed out graphics.

Back