What do you do with your old games?

What do you do with your old games?

• Sell them to a game store such as EBGames (better to get something than nothing)

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Keep them (I have a box in the garage full of them)

Votes: 93 72.7%
  • Give them away to friends (Maybe they can get use out of them)

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Skeet (Hooo - doggie...look at dem dere pieces fly)

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wfalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
My binder was starting to get quite large, and I was thinking of pairing it down before my next LAN party. Anyway, it got me wondering what to do with games I've played, but aren't likely to grace my HDD again.

I just keep my old games in a box, some times i like to play them when I have nothing better to do or no new games I am interested in. I dont think I will ever sell them to eb or gamestop, bastards offereed me $.50 for a $60 I played and beat around 3 months later.

Well if they are good I want to keep them and most of the games I buy are good games lol. You can't sell PC games at EB anymore and even if you could I really wouldn't. I don't sell my console games either because you don't get very much from it. Sometimes I get the urge to play a certain game sometime.

Yeah, back when EB would buy used games, they offered so little for them that it was basically like giving them away. I just keep mine now. I need to find a new place for all the boxes though, as my desk shelf is starting to get pretty full.

Throw away the box and put the CD's/DVD in a soft sleeve case and then put the manual/cd-key in a box.

Wait, I do that with new games as well :)

p.s. I even have Wolf3d, Doom and Doom2 on floppies still :p

I keep them. If I wanted to get rid of them I'd rather give them to friends.

I tend not to keep a hold of games that I have already played. Mostly they start to make the rounds of my friends. Might as well share the gaming goodness. Eventually, they'll make it back to me, but it might take a few years. At that point, stick in the boxes in the basement with all the other crap.

I replay them.. I have an old Athlon classic 800/geforce2/voodoo2/sb16 running win 98 with about 50 games installed on the damn thing .. DOS games and older Win9x games that don't work well in Xp all end up installed on that thing.. I still play them now again.. I wasted last weekend playing DukeNukem3d, Mech Warrior 2, and DarkLight Conflict.... I'm thinking I'll play through the wing commander series next weekend...

I chose other, because I keep them but don't put them away. They all stay in my binder and the boxes for most are on display. Gogo Sim City 2000!

I have kept them except for the old dos games (which I wished I would have kept now).

Well, I had games dating back to ye old Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/chuck-yeagers-advanced-flight-trainer/screenshots ), but ended up putting most of them in a yard sale or giving them to friends since I had no use for them. I can't see reinstalling them for old time's sake. The last time I did that, it sort of tainted my memory for a game I was fond of - Ultima III. After loading it up years later, I found myself saying "I spent hours playing this crap?"

I usually either keep them or trade them on the Game Trading Zone (http://www.gametz.com).

Rather barter them to someone else rather than give them for practically free to ebgames or some other rip off store.

Keep the ones I feel attached to, give the rest away to anyone I think will play it. I will throw it in the trash before I will give it to EB or somesuch to resell at 1600% profit. :rolleyes:

I usually keep them....I'm somewhat of a packrat. If I did get rid of them I'd give them away to family and friends before I sell them.

anything (not just games) not used in 6-12 months is junk...garbage, sell/trade or give it away

clutter and crap is BS

G'ßöö said:
anything (not just games) not used in 6-12 months is junk...garbage, sell/trade or give it away

If you could only give your penis away.

zing! :p

The games I love are displayed on a little bookshelf/cd rack behind my desk, including original Starflight for the Mac and the original Marathon for the Mac :cool: . I

've also got a bunch of old Mac games in a shoebox on a desk shelf.

I voted other. Usually, I will store them somewhere, forget about them, then remember I had them, install them, and then somehow loose / ruin the disc and get pissed off.

That said... I still can't find my LBA1 or LBA2 disks... and I'd really like to. Twinsen FTW!

Here's something that I don't understand, maybe someone can clear this up for me because it has my head going, "WTF????"

OK, in the HOT DEALS forum there are always threads with titles such as 450GB HD $99!!!

My question is why not keep the games on the HD, they are so cheap nowdays, why sell them or do anything else with them???

Hulk said:
Here's something that I don't understand, maybe someone can clear this up for me because it has my head going, "WTF????"

OK, in the HOT DEALS forum there are always threads with titles such as 450GB HD $99!!!

My question is why not keep the games on the HD, they are so cheap nowdays, why sell them or do anything else with them???

This is actually something I plan to do when I get my storage server up. I am going to take every piece of software I get, make an image out of it, store the disks, and use virtual drives. Sometimes that means jumping through hoops to get the games working, but I see no problem with that as long as I legally own all of it.

squishy said:
If you could only give your penis away.

zing! :p
naughty.gif

Hulk said:

If I started out with a 450GB drive 5 years ago, I probably would. But seeing as how I build a new system every 2 years or so, why should I reinstall a game on a fresh OS if I'm not going to play it anymore?

I've kept the good ones and am stuck with some bad ones. I have a P3/600 with DOS 6 and Win98 installed for playing the classics. Every now and then, I'll either get in a mood to play one of them, or will have my main system busy encoding video.

keep all purchased games.. have a cd cabinet that i keep them all in

I lay them all out on the floor. I then light a few candles and stretch myself fully nude on top of them. I then proceed to rub them all over my naughty places. Then of course I take them up to ebgames to trade them in.

I have a box full of old games. Usually a year or two goes by and I'll see on and decide to reinstall it. Usually, I remember why they were put in the storage room in the first case.

Every once in a while, I reinstall Starcraft, but man how I hate BattleNet! :)

although I voted keep them, I don't have the boxes to a lot of them. After a while I do throw those away because what's the point other than looking "pretty"

After a while I throw away the boxes and just keep all the games in a CD binder. Aftera while I'll look in there and see a game I forgot then fire it back up.

Now if the game sucked...it's out!

I keep the good ones like Total Annihilation and Alpha Centauri, the rest I give to my brother in law who i also gave my old pc to.

I keep the stuff that I found to be fantastic and worth hanging onto, but other stuff I sell on Ebay or give to friends depending on the value of it.

Back