what do you do w/ games you don't like?

Dome

2[H]4U
i bought eternal sonata a while back and while i can see that its a pretty good game it just doesn't suit my playstyle. i stopped playing after about 5 or 6 hours and just can't bear to keep going.

the game is just too linear for as many mundane fights you go through, and the fighting system is fun for bosses and larger enemies, but annoys me w/ the smaller enemies and more regular battles.

long story short, i never play the game, and was wondering how you guys get rid of unwanted games. my friends w/ 360s already have the game, and gamestop only offered me 20 bucks for it.

do you guys think i should trade it in for viva pinata and just eat the loss? i'm way too lazy to ebay the thing.

thanks for reading

This is really dumb of me but I just keep most of them. Most of the games on my played games list I still own. I have only resorted to trading a few of them in. I usually just take them to GameStop if I do trade them.

Depends on how bad it is. If it something I might play again someday, I'll keep it. If it's complete trash, I actually go to my local indie game shop that does buy/sell/trade for used games. For something newer you usually get $20-30'ish. Since most of their own games fall into that price range, I'll typically just trade.

For instance I traded Madden '07, Devil May Cry 2, and Full Auto for Ninja Gaiden Black and Call of Duty 2.

I actually keep all my games. Only one I have ever ditched was Syphon Filter 1 for Playstation.

Personally, I take them back to the rental store.

When games jumped to $60-70 a pop, I stopped buying them outright and have started to rent them first. My local mom and pop video store has new games at $3 for 2 nights, which is usually plenty of time to determine if it's worth buying or not, and they have a decent selection. If it's worthwhile, I'll then buy it, if not it gets returned and I'm only out $3 as opposed to the $20-30 if I bought and then tried to resell. Another option would be gamefly, but my local store has most new titles when they come out so I just head there.

I actually keep all my games. Only one I have ever ditched was Syphon Filter 1 for Playstation.
I do the same thing. I'm a gamer and a collector, so if I don't happen to like a recent game purchase, it gets to start collecting dust early. :p

I usually keep them too. Like Zero said, the worse of the worst start collecting dust way early. The lord of the rings: battle for middle earth II hasn't been touched in a while. I may take it out every now and then to try, but I'm reminded very quickly how much it sucks.

I really haven't had the problem, of owning a game I didn't like. There have been a couple that were okay, but I've hung onto them.

Make the game fun by using the game to play street hockey, or feed the inner pyro (when your drunk, its amazing how absolutely entertaining it is to create bonfires.)

Sell to friends or to local game store when possible. I am not a packrat type person.

I just leave them in a box. Sometimes, I like to back track to old school times

lol, sell it on here or eBay, or as others have suggested gamestop or sell it to a friend.

I usually put my games on here or anandtech to sell them or potentially trade them.

Back