What Display Matrix to Choose

Lucky75

Limp Gawd
Hello guys,
What is the best gaming display at 2020 ?
We have so many options ...
But actually I want know which display is perfect for today needs ?

Last edited:
i prefer the classic green on black vertical scroll
UAxa8.gif

I like ultrawide the best. Currently on a 34" LG and it's great. Definitely high refresh and variable refresh rate (G-Sync/FreeSync) are key.

I'd look for 144Hz panels, at least 27" for 16:9 or 34" for 21:9. 3440x1440 is a good res (what I run). Just make sure you have the horsepower to drive it.

I would avoid TN, unless you are a pro player and need over 240Hz. IPS is pretty good, and VA is becoming competitive. IPS is better for work and solid for gaming.

VA has better blacks and can have punchy colors, but may suffer from some amount of ghosting. The newer Samsung VA panels have mostly solved these issues, if you can find them.

Unfortunately, the perfect display does not exist, all come with some compromise, so you have the decide for yourself what you want.

What kind of games do you play?

Do you like the idea of an ultra-wide or want to stay with more traditional form factors? Related to this, do any of the games you play do things that don't play nicely with large ultrawides (eg corner HUDs)?

What is your budget, both for the display and for the GPU running it?

How much space do you have on your desk?

How do you value the tradeoffs between faster response, price, and image quality?

Are there any panel types (oled, ips, va, tn) whose performance/appearance tradeoffs you find unacceptable?

The great part about the current display market is that there are so many options. The downside is that there's no one display tech that is best in all use cases and situations.

I am playing almost all games that can be created ;-).
My favorite are Adventure like Tomb Raider, Detroit become a human.
About GPU - 3080ti one or two depend by performance result.
If it is possible to be OLED with HDR and low latency.
I preffer traditional size 4K and probably 55 inches should be great.
Philips has one good monitor.

Back