What Did You Get For Christmas?

HardOCP News

[H] News
So let's hear it, how did you guys make out on Christmas? Did you get what you wanted or are you planning a trip to your local retailer to return your gift for something you want? Hit the comments link below and show us what you got!

Probably a solid eight ounces of fat around the midsection. I made some badass cookies that I should have shared with others but decided not to.

Got a shiny new Logitech G510 from my fiancée, I knew I loved her for a reason! :D

Wife got me 3 tool sets. From different companies, but all include the exact same thing.... Women just don't understand tools, I guess. :)

And some Sennheiser earbuds (CX 200's). :) Love em!

- Viewsonic gTablet which I promptly rooted and installed VEGAn Android 2.2 ROM
- XBOX Kinect w/ Dance Central
- Madcatz Black Ops controller
- 2 pairs of DKNY sunglasses

I got a couple of t-shirts and a gift thats still on the way which is an everki beacon laptop backpack. Which I hope will come very soon.

Wife bought me more ram for my MBP and a new power adapter since our puppy ate mine. Also, $200 to spend at Amazon on whatever I damn well please :D.

She scored the new Kindle 3 along with accessories and a new (to us) 2009 Toyota Rav4 4x4.

I got ready to buy myself some gifts...

Several steam sale games...

but more importantly...

Sandy Bridge setup!! Going for i7 2600K @ 5.2ghz+ with any luck, 16GB DDR3 1600+ (might go for 8GB, not sure yet), a nice P67 motherboard, etc. :D. Oh, and a $10 adapter for my current HSF ;).

Corsair HS1 head phones from my son and a Razer Lycosa Keyboard from my wife.

A sonic screwdriver (that works as a real screwdriver as well)
Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy (from my youngest (6))
Star Wars Prequel Trilogy (from my oldest (10))
Ozzy - Prince Of Darkness collection

Oh and a buddy of mine got me the Scorpion tank from Halo

For not really asking for anything I came out like a bandit....

2TB usb external HDD,
a bunch of Futureshop Giftcards...
xbox 360 w/ Kinect and Halo: Reach!

yay xmas!

My wife bought me.........

Corsair XMS3 1600 6gig kit
I7 950
ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

-I'm still in shock-
currently have a q6600 775 with 4 gigs of ram :p

Think this is an upgrade?!?!!?

Axe

Had the worst christmas of my life. My 5 year old dog had a slight limp the evening of christmas eve, which we thought nothing off. Christmas morning he was limping pretty bad and we were concerned, but we thought we would just give him some dog asprin and if he didn't feel better in the morning we would take him to the vet. I put him on the couch where he laid for hours and at dinner time we saw him pull himself off the couch and drag his completely paralyzed rear legs with him to the dinner table to beg for food. We took him to the emergency vet hospital and without running any real tests the vet told us that he has a blood clot in his spine or more rarely a ruptured disc in his back. Told us the only way to know for sure was to take him to a vet hospital an hour away where they could do a MRI which would cost anywhere from 4,000 to 7,000 and they would want half up front. If it was verified to be a clot it would be too late and he would be paralyzed for life and if it was a disc he would need very expensive surgery. She basically pushed us to putting our dog down, but I made them hold off a while so that it was past midnight before it happened. The worst part was arriving home to see all the "presents" my wife had wrapped for him, unopened, under the tree.

So that new video card and crap I got doesn't seem to mean very much to me right now.

Stereo for Car
Awesome Pittsburgh Steelers Jacket which I wore to the Bucs-Seahawks game yesterday.:D
Watch
Necklace
Ring
Bracelet
Ceramic Frog from my daughter
Wizard of OZ Blu-Ray
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Blu-Ray

Nice Steve. What kind?

Wife got me some Diamod Crown Cigars. Not had them before but they smell great.

I can't say...they rhyme with brohiba and the come from a place that sounds like tuba.

:D

Nice to see a fellow cigar aficionado around here!

Got a kinect which is awesome. Can't wait to do some kinect hacking. Very fun.

I can't say...they rhyme with brohiba and the come from a place that sounds like tuba.

Same here. Cohiba, Romeo julieta, and Macenudo are my favorites.

A Wok, tons of books, Assasins Creed Brotherhood, Fable 3, beer, bamboo steamers.

Buckyballs.
"Best Ever" tavern puzzle from Tucker-Jones House.
Other random trinkets. Good times.

I got engaged, an Archos 7" tablet, a new winter coat, some cologne, lots of money and uhhh a skeleton sitting at a keyboard figurine that says "surfed too long"

A couple of season lift passes to area ski resorts.

2010 Chevy HHR LT in black...have to say it's the biggest present I have gotten.

My three favorites:
Arturo Fuente 8-5-8's
Punch Rothschild Maduro
TE AMO Churchill Maduro

Lots of money :)

one of these
showergel_4_600x600.gif

and a cool torch on a flexible stand, perfect for what I do, really perfect.

The usual whack of clothes, sweets and shower gels/aftershave/deo etc

The money will sure come in handy when sandybridge comes out :)

Got a GTX 580, 32" LG lcd for the bedroom, a "bad motherf*cker" wallet and a handheld vacuum all from my lovely wife.

Back