What did you buy while the forum was down?

Used stuff:
-Radeon AIW 8500, for my HTPC
-Audigy 2 ZS
-D-Link DI-624 Xtreme G Wireless Router
-D-Link DWL-G520 PCI adapter

Brand new:
-Nexus NXP-301 fan/CCFL controller
-TT ducting mod

I didnt buy jack while the forum was down because I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for the x800 cards to be available locally. :mad:

Xp-m 2500+
NF7-s
512mb pc3200 samsung ram
SP-97
Artic silver 5
Panaflo 92mm fan
Vga silencer
8 OCZ copper bga ramsinks

Kendrak said:
Soon my friend, soon. Is your rig up to the task?

soon? thats what I've been hearing since............... well, you know.

heck, I still remember the multiple threads of people buying the 9700 Pros because they wanted their machines "Doom 3" ready and God only knows how long ago that was. :D

just think, by the time Doom 3 does come out, they're gonna need to ditch their 9700 Pros and get something else. :p

Few things here;

Samsung Syncmaster 173s 17" LCD
Coolermaster Wavemaster (silver) case
Coolermaster Wavemaster window side panel
4x50 Ritek 4X DVD-R's
Red Acrylic Case for the wife
Samsung Dynaflat 753df for the wife

I bought
Abit NF7-S ver. 2.0
AXP Mobile 2400+ (at 2.3GHz, 210*11)
1024MB PC3200RAM
74GB Raptor

Plus, I overclocked my old 1.6a to 2.6GHz with the pin trick (stock cooling!)

ozziegn said:
soon? thats what I've been hearing since............... well, you know.

heck, I still remember the multiple threads of people buying the 9700 Pros because they wanted their machines "Doom 3" ready and God only knows how long ago that was. :D

just think, by the time Doom 3 does come out, they're gonna need to ditch their 9700 Pros and get something else. :p

I fear that day. :(

I don't think I really bought anything. I got a couple new CDs which were promptly ripped and copied to my iRiver (20 gig) and also copied the CDs for my car.

I got the money I needed for a pair of Grado SR-325s.

I got my summer co-op in Boston continuing research in printing electronics.

I can't remember if the [H] went down before or after I had to replace the 92mm fan on my SP-94 (broke a blade).

And ohh yeah I bought two TT Smart Case Fan 2s for the exhaust on my case.

OHhh yeah and I spend $185 on a book: Printing Organic and Molecular Electronics. Damn book.

And I went camping, so I did buy a new tent, old one got tossed ages ago, as did my sleeping pad.

I got new wipers for my car today, the old ones were sucking ass, so I put the new ones on while it was raining.

I can keep going. Maybe I will later.
haaa

I got nothing that was really computer related, except Knights of the Old Republic for $20 from Best Buy.
Got a Sparta CD, a My Morning Jacket CD, a bunch of books and comic books, and cookies.

Though I was drooling over the X800 reviews and previews by Kyle, CPU Magazine, and others.

Was lonely (no forum) so as a last resort I got a Hauppauge 250 pvr.
This thing is real good! Now I can watch my races and keep informed at the forum!

Thermalright SLK-947U
92mm Vantec Thermoflow
25 80mm Case fans
Audigy2 ZS Gamer
Netgear 5 port switch
A dog for my sister

live drive 2 (used) for 3 bucks to enable my audigy to have a headphone out with volume control on front of case.
Oh yeah a 17 inch viewsonic crt for $10 at a garage sale...

:rolleyes: Heh, well, not much.........been trying to finish up a modded case im making from scratch.

What did i buy? Nothing yet, i'm getting a new monitor today or tommorrow. Does that count?

4 channel RAID Controller card, takes up to 8 disk, does raid 0, 0+1, jbod and hotswap, only have 2*120gig striped on it atm.

DD UV tubing (that doesent work without a case :( )
DD res
maze4-1 GPU 80 watt TEC
new maze4 CPU hold down
black case handles
CS fan grill for radiator
Enermax 460 watt PSU
thermalright NB1 cooler

i got a Thermaltake Giant III for my 9600XT, a Memorex combo drive (52X CD-R, 32 CD-RW, 16X DVD) and a 30 gig Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 8 Ultra ATA133 hard drive. :D

Apple Macintosh Blue and White G3
450MHz G3 w/ 1MB Cache
256MB PC100 RAM
9.1GB Atlas III SCSI Drive
Adaptec 2940 SCSI Card
ATI Rage 128 PCI Card
24X CD-ROM Drive
100MB Zip Drive

$225 :D

I got some watercooling gear, Eheim 1250 pump and Tygon. Getting my heatercore and waterblocks this week... hopefully.

My tax returns finaly came through (a big one) so i went all out and upgraded my mobo/cpu/ram:

ABIT IC7 MAX3(OTES is cool, i can never have too many fans/lights)
2.8E prescott (HOT as hell)
2x512mb Corsair pc4000pro(the sexy LEDs seduced me)

I updated my wishlist from NewEgg, and am gonna be financing a laptop thru Dell :D

Recieved an HP Photosmart 935 5.3mp for free! :) Lucky me...Pretty nice camera for free.

Back