What crimper would I need for RG58 a/u for Wireless Connector?

to big, and i believe the ones for the connector he is talking about uses crimp at the end not in the middle.

He needs this..

http://www.aartech.ca/crimptool-crimp-tool-coax-rg58-rg59-rg6-ratchet-type.html

34c6c8754eb6389026357027bf0b4920.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I though id jump in and answer the pin question quick, The center pin is soldered onto the middle copper then you slide the ring onto the cable and then put the screw on the cable and then slide the ring up and crimp. There are many vids on youtube about this connector and how to do it. Also the connector your referring to is a n connector.

Show me a youtube video on how to do this because I tried to look for it any I came up with noting.

I though id jump in and answer the pin question quick, The center pin is soldered onto the middle copper then you slide the ring onto the cable and then put the screw on the cable and then slide the ring up and crimp. There are many vids on youtube about this connector and how to do it. Also the connector your referring to is a n connector.

You don't have to solder the center pin, some are press on, some are not, just depends on what style you buy..

I have seen some that are crimp on as well, though and as dashpuppy said it does depend on which one you buy but i was going by the picture posted which shows a solder on connector. Bah double post sorry about that : /

I cant really tell from the ebay pictures but that may be solder on center crimp on outer ring you will find out when you get it as the solder on center would have a hole to feed the solder in like shown in the youtube video.

I will post a better picture soon as I get it next week.

I have a other question I have 100ft of RG58 a/u (not solid copper core cable but strand center) but want to know if I make a cable for it and attach it to bullet m2 hp would it work or not? How long of a cable I am talking about maybe like 2ft at the most.

I do not see why it would not work assuming the patch cable is made correctly although i have never made a patch cable from anything other then solid core cable.

alright here is one of the center pin:

v4cfit.jpg

is this post to be crimped or solidered in? because the other one I crimped it snapped after crimping because before I crimp the other one there was a small hole that looked like you can put in solider in but I didnt solider it.

I used to work for a WISP over 7 years ago. We crimped the Type N Connector Pins to the center conductors. Soldering is probably a better electrical connection, but for non-critical applications, you can crimp. Just make sure you have the right crimper and that once you crimp the pin on, check the connection by giving the pin a tug to make sure it is on good.

A 2ft piece of RG58 will be fine. RG58 has rougly 19dB of loss at 100ft. So you don't want to use more than 10 or 15ft of RG58 if you can help it. Switch it out for LMR400 if you need to go more than 15ft.

Well if you say it had a hole it is probably solder on. Just for reference click here and you can see a pic i took the top one you will see i put a box and arrow to show the solder hole, the second image is crimp on and has no hole at all. I will warn you the image is real big. I hope that clears some stuff up

Last edited:
yes yuzuki my one connector did have a small hole in there and I didnt know what it was intill I contacted the ebay seller and he told me that was for solider but I already crimped it and that is when it snapped in half so the ebay seller is sending me a new pin for that one.

But my other connector it was crimp on and it work.

Thanks Again who all helped.

Back