What could be causing title bar artifacts in VIsta ultimate RTM?

Korgun

Supreme [H]ardness
I just installed Vista Ultimate (RTM) and one thing that bugs me a lot is i'm getting artificats. I've tried three different drivers so far, the one that vista installs with, 96.85 from nvidia and 97.19 from guru3d (rtm nvidia drivers supposedly)

With all 3 I get artiifacts in title bar of explorer (except when maximized). I also tried turning off transparency and i get the same artifiacts.

I'm not overclocking anything.

Video drivers, plain and simple.

Since those drivers are leaked, and not official direct from Nvidia itself, you can expect issues no matter what anyone says. Nvidia isn't going to put out an official driver until computers with Nvidia products actually start shipping, and even then they may hold off longer to do it.

It's simple: all this stuff ain't ready for primetime yet, give it a few more weeks and everything will be rip-roarin' and ready to roll.

If you continue to get those with new drivers later, it might be an indication that your video card hardware is having trouble. See if you can underclock it to check for a difference.

Korgun said:
I just installed Vista Ultimate (RTM) and one thing that bugs me a lot is i'm getting artificats. I've tried three different drivers so far, the one that vista installs with, 96.85 from nvidia and 97.19 from guru3d (rtm nvidia drivers supposedly)

With all 3 I get artiifacts in title bar of explorer (except when maximized). I also tried turning off transparency and i get the same artifiacts.

I'm not overclocking anything.

is your mobo a nforce mobo? If so that could be the issue.

those drivers are dated like 3 months ago?? thats weird... nvidia just posted a new one yesterday that was only a few weeks old

Dapperdan said:
is your mobo a nforce mobo? If so that could be the issue.

Nope, not nforce... Asus P5W DH Deluxe

I'll look into underclocking my VC... but hopefully I wont' have to do that.

Back