What condition is your phone in?

What condition is your phone in?

• Flawless

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Near flawless (few/some very small and not obvious imperfections)

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Some obvious imperfections

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • A lot of obvious imperfections

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Almost destroyed but usable

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
A bit unfair since I just got this phone on Saturday. But it’s been cases and glassed almost immediately.

My previous phone I had for 4 years. After inspection I got full trade in value for it. I would’ve considered it to be “good” condition. Flawless screen (always tempered glass), zero dents, minor marks throughout.

If cases could protect any better it would have been perfect or near perfect. The trade in guy was impressed and stated that it was very well taken care of for the duration.

I've had mine for 3 year's and its in great condition because its been case kept all it's life as well. That's one of the prerequisites for any phone I buy, it has to have a solid selection of high quality cases or it's a no go.

Where is the option for completly destroyed but still usable? I dont like cases and buy cheap used phones. After a year or two they are pretty bad, I wont stop using them till they are unusable.

Where is the option for completly destroyed but still usable? I dont like cases and buy cheap used phones. After a year or two they are pretty bad, I wont stop using them till they are unusable.
Added "poor".

Idk if poor would quite describe a cracked screen, back, borked charging port, and black blobs growing on the damaged lcd till they consume all :p
My daughter beats the snot out of her phones too. After a couple of months they are completely trashed. I don't know how she uses them without cutting her fingers to shreds half the time!

Pretty much flawless. I toss my devices in a case immediately and they don't ever leave it. Nothing fancy, just a standard 'ol Spigen or Incipio case to keep it from being damaged from typical drops. As long as it has a lip for flat falls, it's all good.

my phones nekkid, so only "near flawless". the screen is perfect but theres a couple small scuffs on the back.

I buy cheap new phones. Dropped this one on the corner when it was pretty new (the back is damn slippy) but it still works, and if I need to open it ever, at least I've got a place to start from. Back has cosmetic issues under the transparent layer too, so that's neat? It's done with oem updates, so I guess it's time to shop again, ugh.

Mine's like new but the battery is at 81 percent. It's an iPhone X in a Magpul case, their cases were the best and I have no intention of getting a new phone until this one goes EOL or Magpul makes a new run of cases.

Flawless. Ordered a case same time as the phone. Got this Galaxy A23 5G about six months ago at fiddy cents a month for switching to T-mobile. My previous phone was a Galaxy S4 with Verizon that lasted eight years and two battery changes.

I always put a case on mine from day one. Usually the Spigen rugged armor. I don't use a screen protector though, so there may be some micro scratching. Nothing that is obvious.

My phone is always flawless but the hinge failed on this Galazy Fold 3 and it won't open flat. Sucks so so much.

My last phone I used up to 4 separate screen crack incidents. Pixel 3 XL. May have been overly prone to cracking.

My current phone is still flawless. Using it with a soft sleeve. Kinda bulky tho. Pixel 6 and Google sleeve.

Pixel 7, maybe 7 months old. The only thing I could find wrong with it is a couple tiny scratches on the screen and back if I look real close. No case. I have yet to crack a screen on a smartphone or otherwise break one so I don't bother with cases. The only phone I ever broke was an Ericsson in 1999. That one fell off a building.

launch day iPhone 13 Pro Max in a Dbrand case with no screen protector and it's in flawless condition.

My pixel 5a xl is almost 2 years old and in pretty good condition. Other then the USB port being loose like all the ones I ever had on phones... Definitely getting a phone that has wireless charging next time.

Last edited:
2x S21+'s, a Pixie 7 Pro, and a iPohone 14 Max here (+ 2x iPhad pro's), all flawless, due to tempered glass & otter's from day 1 :)

Cracked screen, don't work on your car with sockets and your phone in your pocket

Samsung s9 plus, but it's kind of a theseus ship deal here, I replaced the screen and back glass, and battery. Only the motherboard and camera are original, tried to replace the camera but that’s hard because there were 3 potential variants...

So now it looks new again lol. Otterbein cases, sometimes screen protectors

One for work and a daily beater, both almost flawless. Both in cases and glass from day 1.

I've been upgrading with each generation of iPhone for a while, so I try to keep it pristine for its resale value. Case + tempered glass protector from first use until last, so far so good.

I recently dropped my phone against rocks and the tempered glass saved my phone screen.
Now it's time to buy a new one.

ive always gotten an otterbox defender for my phones, so they've been in flawless condition.

I’ve been running caseless iPhones for 10 years and upgraded in November to the 14 Max.

In the past 6 months I’ve gotten more small screen scratches that on all of my other phones combined, and I almost never carry anything in my pockets other than my phone.

Did Apple downgrade the glass on the non-pro phones?

Back