What computer speakers are better than the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's??

Lyquist

2[H]4U
I was wondering if there was a speaker set better than the promedia 2.1's? Thanks.

You mean at that price range? Or in general?

There is always somethimg better if you are willing to pay.

Id say something like the audioengine a5 may be better in sq. But may not have has much bass due to lack of sub.

Something like the a2 and a sub qould be best of both worlds.

A2/A5 are priced kinda high for what they are imo... They're nice monitors, and there's few powered monitors as compact as the A2 (that sound as decent)... But you can get a better deal w/other brands (Samson, Swan, M-Audio, KRK, etc.). I think the big giveaway in your thread title is the statement 'computer speakers' tho. ;) Once you're open to other possibilities you realize you've got a world of options (and you'll never wanna go back to plastic computer speakers, and thus your wallet will suffer).

Impulse: Only if you're buying them straight off the audioengine site at MSRP ;)
I've seen a couple of guys around here and in other forums that snagged them at pretty good prices. Can't remember how much exactly now, but it was in the 200+. That makes them great value :D

I second the audioengine a5 suggestion. Sure, you could go with passive speakers + amp, but there's quite a fair bit more info to find out; you can't just buy any amp to pair up with said passive speakers.

The beauty of the A5 is that you just have to plug it in and you're ready to rock.

Well, there's a few 10-20% discount codes for Audioengine's monitors floating about... But I still think they're a lil' overpriced unless the discount was steeper than that. I mean Audioengine's price for the A2 is $200 and they don't sound any better than the larger models we've mentioned in the $120-150 range, tho they're great if you really need something that small. I think the A5 would run him considerably more than he was looking to spend, unless someone out there is selling 'em at half price basically. :p The Swan M200MkII go for like $180 and are pretty comparable (tho larger still, make sure ya have space!).

Back