What Computer Case Do you like the best??

Tman

Gawd
How would you rank these cases??

Subject #1
11-133-132-22.JPG

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-133-132&DEPA=1

Subject #2
11-163-015-10.JPG

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-163-015&DEPA=1

Subject #3
11-112-072-02.JPG

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-112-072&DEPA=1

Subject #4
11-112-509-01.JPG

[http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-112-509&DEPA=1

Subject #5
11-112-052-16.JPG

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-112-052&DEPA=1

Subject #6
11-119-035-14.JPG

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-119-035&depa=1

Subject #7
11-119-023-12.JPG

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-119-023&depa=1

Subject #8
11-119-042-11.JPG

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-119-042&depa=1

Thanks Guys ;)

IF you guys could, could you guys please copy and past this (below) and jeck one.

Computer Case
#1)
#2)
#3)
#4)
#5)
#6)
#7)
#8)

Worthless thread... :rolleyes:

But since I'm posting, #2 is hands-down the nicest. Everything else can be put in some random order that doesnt even matter. That SilverStone makes me cream my pants.

okay, not really. ;)

How can anyone answer other than #2? It's not even a contest.

I realize everyone has a hard-on for Lili's but the 70's are rediculously oversized.

Stellar said:
I realize everyone has a hard-on for Lili's but the 70's are rediculously oversized.

thats why i like them. for personal use i like it. easy to work with. way better on cooling on my opinion. ive always had small cases till now

#1! I have one, and love it! The stock fans are quite loud, but are easily replaceable with silent 150mm fans, if you can find them ;) . It is a smaller case, sometimes a bit cramped to work in, but its extremely light and easy to move. Its my fav. so far, and I've been through a lot of cases.
Ratings 1-8 IMO:
#1) 1
#2) 5
#3) 2
#4) 4
#5) 5
#6) 7
#7) 6
#8) 3

2 is definately the nicest, 3 is really, really nice, but cabling becomes an issue sometimes, and 4 is also a badass classic. thats my order of ranking. the others are also prety nice as well.

hard to say since I haven't owned any of them, but if I could have any of them, I'd go with either #2 or #3

read the forum rules, don't hotlink images, it's bandwidth theft.

why doesn't anyone even look at the enlight EN723x' black cases anymore? they just have that 'simple sleek elegance' and they are oh so inexpensive.
case.jpg

~EDIT~ they all look cruddy to me cept for #2, #6, and #4. Although the only case I would order over $100 is the enlight 5u server case which retails for $350 to $600 depending on which PSU you get with it. I already have two of them :D :D :D

oblique_t.jpg

yes, they are available in black, and I WANT ONE OF THEM!!!

8's my choice. I have a pc61 and i can say that my next case will definately be a stacker. The aluminium vibrates with my raptors and is too flimsy IMO but is good for lans, which i never go to anyway. Stacker all the way :)

Though if i could have any case i'd get a brand new SuperMicro server case.

Computer Case
#1)
#2)
#3)----X (second favorite)
#4)
#5)
#6)---X (out of the bunch, this is my favorite)
#7)
#8)

The rest I wouldn't even think about owning....I hate doors and I hate windows.

Computer Case
#1) 5
#2) 8
#3) 1
#4) 7
#5) 4
#6) 3
#7) 2
#8) 6

The Coolermaster Stacker is a good one and I like that Lian-Li.

I have the black version of number 5 (Lian-Li v1100). It's an awesome case... couldn't be happier with it. I've always like the look of the Cooler Master Praetorian also. So, I'll say:

#1)
#2)
#3)
#4)
#5) X
#6) X
#7)
#8)

Why does it matter who like what case the best? Shouldn't you buy it because you like it, and not because some anonymous assholes on an internet forum like it?

Are you so much of a sheep, that you cant even buy a stupid metal box if it isnt the most popular metal box out there?

HaMMerHeD said:
Why does it matter who like what case the best? Shouldn't you buy it because you like it, and not because some anonymous assholes on an internet forum like it?

Are you so much of a sheep, that you cant even buy a stupid metal box if it isnt the most popular metal box out there?

TROLL ALERT!

....either that or he is feeling left out because he doesn't see his My Little Pony case on the list.

Order of preference:

#1: CoolerMaster Praetorian (subj 6)
#2: Lian Li PC-75 (subj 4)
#3: Lian Li PC-1000 (subj 3)

I dislike the rest due to either design issues or cooling issues.

Oh, AND HOST THE FUCKING PICTURES YOURSELF! STOP LEECHING OFF NEWEGG!

Tman said:
IF you guys could, could you guys please copy and past this (below) and jeck one.

Computer Case
#1)
#2)
#3) also awesome
#4)
#5) -teh best.
#6)
#7)
#8)

oobadooba

I have the black Thermaltake Tsunami and for the price it is one of the best in those choices available. Its tooless features and overall look make it nicer IMO then the Wavemaster.

I like SilverStone cases and black Lian-Li cases as well but they are pretty expensive and alot of their cases have a really good setup inside but the external look is usually pretty bland, especially the Lian-Li's.

Mr. Miyagi said:
Don't go ThermalTake.

And why's that? The Tsunami has gotten nothing but perfect scores in reviews, it has 79 votes with a perfect score on Newegg and its reasonably priced comared to the $200+ Lian-Li and SilverStone cases. Its cooling efficiency also matches that of any of the other top quality cases listed. Anandtech reviewed the Tsunami and it had the best cooling out of all the cases they tested. The black mirror finish also spanks any of the other paint jobs on the cases listed.

The Thermaltake Tsunami is a very popular case right now.

anything with lian-li on is a really good case. ;)
CoolerMaster used to be good, but there making kinda ugly cases now.

I wouldn't judge your ratings on Newegg reviews. If you look at both of the Praetorians, they have the same ratings as the Tsunami. It also costs less and looks much more classy. The build quality of TTs don't even compare to those of Cooler Master's, LL or Silver Stone's. Thermal Take steals ideas from other companies and makes them worse. I think their marketing is getting to everyone... /rant

I personally like the Tt. i just wish it had a square window instead of that ugly X thing. oh well, i never see that side of the computer anyway :p

Mr. Miyagi said:
I wouldn't judge your ratings on Newegg reviews. If you look at both of the Praetorians, they have the same ratings as the Tsunami. It also costs less and looks much more classy. The build quality of TTs don't even compare to those of Cooler Master's, LL or Silver Stone's. Thermal Take steals ideas from other companies and makes them worse. I think their marketing is getting to everyone... /rant

The Praetorian costs the same price as the Thermaltake Tsunami because the Thermaltake Tsunami has free shipping on Newegg while the Praetorian does not.

And what exactly makes the Praetorian look classy other then the fact it looks like every other case out there? It doesn't have a front door which i prefer to have to hide the front 5.25" bays and it doesn't come with a side window and the Praetorian was one of the cases the Tsunami beat in cooling in the Anandtech review.

Thermaltake hasn't stolen anything from anyone. When a certain style or product becomes popular then other manufactures are going to try and produce products with that same appeal. Its called smart marketing. The ONLY thing the Tsunami and Wavemaster have in common is a front door that has a wave, the inside of the case is constructed completely different. The Tsunami also comes with a side panel window while you will have to buy one if you want one for the Wavemaster.

I guess Cooler Master steals ideas from other companies as well since they came out with LED fans when Antec was the first to come out with the idea for adding LED's to fans in a market segment.

The Wavemaster and Praetorian both use 80mm fans while the Tsunami uses 120mm fans which make for case that is quiet and efficiently cooled in comparison.

He posted the Tsunami with the window, making it $140 by the way. Can you show me where it beat the Praetorian in cooling? I can't find it in the Tsunami review.

What makes it look classy is the smooth edges and the clean styling of the front. This can be shown on most CM, LL and SS cases.

The funny thing is, the "wave" style front of the Wavemaster is the reason most people buy the case. If they didn't want the "wave" front, then they would have either gone with the Praetorian or the ATC-110 because they all have the same chassis. (They also took the top I/O panel) And yes, the Tsunami SHOULD have better cooling because the chassis used for the ATC cases are a couple years old, but it shows their cooling is similar. From the looks of the windows on the Tsunami, I don't see how you would want it. It's an ugly "X" and has the ThermalTake name badged on it (once again) with "Cool all your life". I don't want to even go into how many ideas TT has taken... Maybe they should spend more money on a R&D team and come up with their own products or create higher quality products (on the line of CM, LL and SS) instead of putting it all into marketing.

Sorry Tman. I'm just trying to tell you information so you can pick the right case.

Mr. Miyagi said:
He posted the Tsunami with the window, making it $140 by the way. Can you show me where it beat the Praetorian in cooling? I can't find it in the Tsunami review.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-133-132&DEPA=1

The black Tsunami with a window is $122 w/ free shipping. Where are you getting $140 from? All you had to do was follow the link he posted at the bottom of the pic.

http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2202&p=9

I thought the Praetorian was one of the cases in the review but it was the Centurian 5 instead. The SilverStone Temjin 5 was in the review and the Tsunami beat it so i'm sure it beats the Praetorian as well considering SilverStone cases have better cooling then Cooler Master.

You can install 2 quiet 120mm fans in the Tsunami while your forced to use multiple 80mm fans in the Praetorian.

Mr. Miyagi said:
What makes it look classy is the smooth edges and the clean styling of the front. This can be shown on most CM, LL and SS cases.

I prefer front doors on my cases and the Tsunami has some really nice tooless features with an easy access front to install new 5.25" and 3.5" devices. The PCI slots have plastic clips instead of thumbscrews and the HDD mounts have rubber washes for sound dampening.

The funny thing is, the "wave" style front of the Wavemaster is the reason most people buy the case. If they didn't want the "wave" front, then they would have either gone with the Praetorian or the ATC-110 because they all have the same chassis. (They also took the top I/O panel) And yes, the Tsunami SHOULD have better cooling because the chassis used for the ATC cases are a couple years old, but it shows their cooling is similar. From the looks of the windows on the Tsunami, I don't see how you would want it. It's an ugly "X" and has the ThermalTake name badged on it (once again) with "Cool all your life". I don't want to even go into how many ideas TT has taken... Maybe they should spend more money on a R&D team and come up with their own products or create higher quality products (on the line of CM, LL and SS) instead of putting it all into marketing.

And just exactly what other design could they of come up with for the front panel on a case callaed "Tsunami"? It only makes sense for it to be a "wave" style. The top I/O panel is nothing special.

The reason the window is in the shape of an "X" is because this is Thermaltake's "X" series of products. The Thermaltake badge at the bottom of the window is see through and not all that prominant. I see no problem with a manufacturer putting their own emblem on their own case.

With SilverStone and Lian-Li cases that cost over $200 the majority of the price is just for the name on the box.

Back