What companies build PCs with dual booting OS

NTJedi

Limp Gawd
I'm not having much luck finding companies which will build my system with a dual booting or triple booting of operating systems. Ideally I want Windows7, Windows10 and WindowsXP since some older games don't work on the new operating systems even when using that "Compatiability mode" setting available in Windows7 and Windows10.

I really don't want to spend a future weekend researching, installing and configuring three operating systems to work on my future computer. So I'm turning towards the tech guru's, hardware masters, and software wizards on HardForum who might know of a list of companies which provide this service.

I think you're out of luck for the triple boot since AFAIK, no PC boutique sells or carries Windows XP keys any more. Not to mention that pretty much all new motherboards these days do not have drivers for XP. IIRC, the last Intel platform to have XP drivers was socket 1156 from 2011.

As for just dual-booting Windows 7 and Windows 10, also a problem there as only a handful of PC boutiques actually sell Windows 7 Pro nowadays. Of the ones that still do, the two good ones would be Puget Systems and Digital Storm. You have to contact their customer support, actually request that they do a dual-boot, and indicate that you're willing to pay for both OSes.

You might want to run your XP in a VM perhaps, and run windows 10 and 7 dual-boot as previously stated.

If you can't do that, there might be other ways to do it (ie have an older 1156 rig hooked up to a KVM on a screen)

Back