What causes a For Sale / Trade thread to be marked "Dead"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ Johnson

Gawd
Is it just a certain period of inactivity without a bump, or does it have to be requested by the OP?

I was just wondering if I'd be out of line PMing someone with a closed FS/T thread that's a little over a month old.

In FS/T the thread starter has the option of closing their own thread. Usually it's because they've sold what needed to be sold or they want to start over with a fresh thread.

Sometimes people don't follow the rules, so their threads end up being locked by a mod.

(4) CONSOLIDATE Threads. Do not post multiple threads, keep all your FS/FT deals in one thread, and all WTB/WTTF deals in a different thread. You should only have one FS/FT and one WTB/WTTF thread active at any one time. When making a new thread, include items from the old thread.

Nothing wrong with PMing someone... worst they can say is the item is no longer available.

To add to Lethal's post, if you ever want to do this, press Thread Tools in the upper right and do "Close this thread".

Thanks guys. So, as a rule, threads don't get closed by mods simply because of inactivity? The reason I ask is that I see a lot of FS/T threads that end with no indication from the OP of whether an item has been sold (or bought or traded, etc.). They just get closed.

You're also only allowed one FS/FT thread to be open / active at any given time so they may also be making a new thread.

You're also only allowed one FS/FT thread to be open / active at any given time so they may also be making a new thread.

This, or the person just forgot to put that the item's sold and just closed the thread .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back