What case to get for 250-270$

OH2323

n00b
Im looking for a good case for up to 250-270$ to hold a new Conroe sys with X1900XT 2 gig ram ....
what would be your opinion?
thanks

I've got a TJ07 and I'd recommend that for a sexy case, but the Lian-Li V1200 might be a better choice. It all depends on personal style.

Stacker 830. The black one is very nice, but also costs a bit more.

A1306831_1.jpg

I wanted to go for the silverstone TJ-07 but its above my budget its like 360$
and i cant spend more than 270$ :(

the Lian Li V1100B is really an awesome case. I'd say you get that one.

spikedzombies said:
how bout you not waste $250+ on a case and get something more reasonable? maybe an Armor Jr :)

Spending $250 bucks on a Lian-Li or Silverstone quality case is reasonable. Spending "any" money on a Thermaltake case is just stupid...

PolarbearBigEd said:
Spending $250 bucks on a Lian-Li or Silverstone quality case is reasonable. Spending "any" money on a Thermaltake case is just stupid...

QFT

OH2323 said:
Im looking for a good case for up to 250-270$ to hold a new Conroe sys with X1900XT 2 gig ram ....
what would be your opinion?
thanks
The COOLERMASTER ATC-110, hands down

chemist_slime said:
The COOLERMASTER ATC-110, hands down

Ha, if he can find one. Would be a lot easier to just pick up the TJ03, it has better cooling anyway.

Personally I have the v-1100b plus II and it is awsome case with unbelievable cooling. I also like the TJ-03 alot, and that certainly has amazing cooling ability too. Both are solid cases in that price range.

PolarbearBigEd said:

I also agree with ya on this one.

Lian-Li V1100B! Quality, style, it's got everything!

Hey, when i ripped out the internals of my last build from the PC-V2000 to go from AGP/6800ultra/AMDXP3200 to SLI/7900GTXOC512/AM2X24200, I needed another case to put the stuff in before I f-disked it and gave it to the GF. The thermaltake VD-2000 matrix has been a wonderful case for her...$50, and plenty of air flow. Every once and a while, Thermaltake comes out with something basic that lacks all the cheese...rarely...but they do. Although I will give you this, the frequency that they tend to come out with something that isnt cheesy is about the same as other companies (Im thinking CM, Lian Li, Silverstone) frequency of coming out with something cheesy. Thats about the most I'll give companies like Silverstone and CM...most of their stuff still looks like trash...not cheesy...but still trash.

I would never spend over $100 on a case. Is it jsut me, or did case prices balloon in the past 3-4 years? Jeeze...

Thats true. I remember when $100 for a case was top of the line, with the exception of the Lian-Li's and the CM's which were about $200. I think that more companies have just gone higher end or aluminum though...thats all.

Bugster said:
I would never spend over $100 on a case. Is it jsut me, or did case prices balloon in the past 3-4 years? Jeeze...

You've got a lot more choices in the high end, now. Back then the best you could do was an ATC 111 or a Lian Li PC-71.

There are still a pant load of sub-$100 cases on the market.

That, and inflation is a bitch.

For my next build, I am strongly considering the Stacker 830. I still think that Intel will push the BTX format into the retail sector and while it may be expensive, if you plan to keep the case for many years to come it may pay off in the long run.

I dont know...even MaximumPC is saying in their last issue that BTX is dead. There are few adopters, and since intel hit a brick wall in the speed game, and everyone is going with multi-core processors now, BTX is running out of reasons to exist.

get a antec p-180 great case, solid build quality. cheap too and looks pretty decent. otherwise iam on board for the LL and SS suggestions.

to the matter of paying more then a 100 bux for a case - i will keep on spending 150+ on cases, as long as they are made of high grade aluminum and look good, iam on board. i cant stand those cheap ass TT cases, i remember building one for a client, i opened up the front panel and the inside of the case doors wasnt painted at all, since the case had vents on the sides, i found paint drips alllll over the place. i guess, you get what you pay for. i like paying extra and having a dam good case to use. if i had other things to worry bout other then my benz c-280 or my going out bill. i wouldnt spend alot of cash on a case. afterall, ITS JUST A CASE.

LL & SS are good to go.

Would you drive a Ferrari that's a plain nilla looking box?
It still has the Ferrari V12 guts and all, but it's got a 1984 Ford Grenada chassis.

If you don't LAN at all then just get something cheap.
And if you don't plan on ever showing people what your computer looks like then get that nilla box.
Otherwise I can see why people would spend $100+ $200+ $300+ $500+ etc etc....

JonDoms said:
LL & SS are good to go.

It still has the Ferrari V12 guts and all, but it's got a 1984 Ford Grenada chassis.

And if you don't plan on ever showing people what your computer looks like then get that nilla box.

...because Aluminum with 120mm fans cools much better than that plastic & 12ga steel box with 80mm's.

JonDoms said:
LL & SS are good to go.

I'd say the reverse. I'd much rather have a nice case at home and have a crappy case PC to lan with. Why would you risk a nice case getting banged up during transport? I wouldn't want some shitty case in my house sitting next to my nice desk/nice chair/nice speakers/etc.

I agree with Overgloc, get a U2-UFO from mountainmods.com or custom build something to spec for yourself.

im interested in getting a new case .. im just not sure
i have a v1000b plus II right now .. only bout 3 weeks old ..
but im thinking about a silverstone tj07 .. this was huge a few montha ago
but it has seemed to died down on these forums ..
lian li S80 .. but i heard its not so good for quad sli .. and its very heavy ..
g70 is waaaaay too tall ..

Thank you guys for all the replies....
i went to a friend of mine who just got the SS TJ-07....
well what can i say that case looks perfect he havnt hooked it up yet but i think ill get the extra 60$-70$ and go with that case.
what do you think>?

Right now I have one of those run of the mill vanilla cases like the one on the Linear Mod Guide Website. I plan on getting a PC-G70 (probably from Performance PC) even though I won't be sli'ing/watercooling for a while.

I've made a cardboard model of its dimensions to make sure I wouldn't think it were too big lol.

Also, I justify the price by telling myself it will last me 10 or so years heh.

Back