What can we expect for the next Google Nexus phone ?

Yup haters, be prepared for nothing but LG. But you haters' beloved Samsung got the Nexus 10 tablet.

I'm ok with it being just straight LG. I actually wasn't happy with Samsung making the last two Nexus devices. The way I see it, Google is responsible for the software, so I want the best build quality in hardware. For me, that's typically been HTC and Motorola.

I would love to see a 4.3-4.5" screen on an HTC/Moto-built Nexus. I'm not a fan of these phablet devices. But, if the LG comes with an option for 32GB and/or MicroSD, I'll definitely consider it. Need to get it in my hands first :)

Yup haters, be prepared for nothing but LG. But you haters' beloved Samsung got the Nexus 10 tablet.

If LG fixes their firmware issues with the Nexus I'll be happy. If they don't well...it won't be pretty for LG as the Android community will castrate them. Nice looking device though but it's the firmware underneath I'm concerned about. There is hope though since it is a Nexus that Google has had some input into the firmware.

If LG fixes their firmware issues with the Nexus I'll be happy. If they don't well...it won't be pretty for LG as the Android community will castrate them. Nice looking device though but it's the firmware underneath I'm concerned about. There is hope though since it is a Nexus that Google has had some input into the firmware.
Fortunately as part of the Nexus program, Google will deliver the firmware updates. This is the primary reason I don't believe in that there will be another Nexus phone.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...-confirms-most-specs-and-that-god-awful-name/

LG Nexus 4;

4.7" 1280x768 display
Quad-core APQ8064 CPU
2GB RAM
8GB/16GB on-board storage
8MP rear shooter, 1.3MP front
2100mAh battery
9.1mm thick
Android "JB MR1"

I'd be willing to place a wager that this is exactly what we'll see from El Goog on October 29th. I guess we'll know for sure in ten days. Other Nexus phones coming too ? Very doubtful, this is THE next generation Nexus phone, just have to accept it.

I want a Galaxy Note 2 Nexus edition.....
The only likely scenario for another phone is a different form factor such as a Phablet. But with the Galaxy Note 2 using the exynos, I think Google will likely rebrand another phablet with the S4 Pro for ease of support. Right now, only LG and HTC has a phablet with that spec using 1080p. LG hasn't announced its model yet, but HTC has announced it for Japan as the J Butterfly.

The Multiple Nexus lineup:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus <--- will continue to be sold
LG Nexus 4 <--- Launching on Oct 29th
???? <-- if only it could be true...
ASUS Nexus 7 <--- Price reduced to $99
Nexus Q <--- discontinued... LOL, or converted to a Google TV device
Samsung Nexus 10 <--- dual book to ChromeOS???

The only likely scenario for another phone is a different form factor such as a Phablet. But with the Galaxy Note 2 using the exynos, I think Google will likely rebrand another phablet with the S4 Pro for ease of support. Right now, only LG and HTC has a phablet with that spec using 1080p. LG hasn't announced its model yet, but HTC has announced it for Japan as the J Butterfly.

Another good post C3D :) People need to hang up on the possibility of a Sony-Nexus, or HTC Nexus-Four this year, sorry but highly doubtful, and I would guess 90% NO WAY happening, but you never know, come Oct 29th, Goog might surprise, but again very doubtful.

Look at the LG Nexus 4 as the iPhone5 leaks this Summer. The iPhone5 was leaked like a busted damn all over the net, months before official release by Apple. Some people were saying, no that's not the iPhone5, it is a fake, and the real phone will be radically different, once Apple reveals it. Nope, it was the real deal.

Same with this LG Nexus 4, it has been around the net, a lot the past couple of weeks, we have pictures, videos, spec's, it is the real deal, and not changing. This is our new Nexus for the 2013 year.

Now about other Nexus phones coming too ? Where are the leaks then ? We have pretty much zero info on anything else bedside this LG Nexus 4. If there was an HTC Nexus, or Motorola Nexus coming soon too, trust me, we should have heard at least something by now.

Reality is, the LG Nexus 4 is the new and only Nexus, and we need to accept it, or just buy something else, plenty of other good phones on the market this Fall. But to me, I want the latest and newest Android OS, and the Nexus is for me. Plus this LG is no slow poke crap phone, hardware wise, it has top of the line spec's, probably the best Android hardware to date, and the screen is supposed to be really nice too, the best outdoor sunlight screen, and sort of a mix between the One X LCD-2 and AMOLED, from what I am hearing. Plus the battery life is supposed to be on par or better than the S3.

Basically, anyone who fell for the prank rumor (myself included) needs to let it go. Back in May, the WJS said that Google could be selling as many as 5 Nexus devices on the Play Store this fall.

-Galaxy Nexus
-Nexus 4
-Nexus 7
-Samsung Nexus Tablet
-Nexus Q

So they have this generation's phone, last generation's, a 7 and 10" tablet, and a niche device. Looks like the WSJ was correct.

Here's a review on the LG Optimus G, which talked about LG's True HD IPS Plus panel being slightly worse to the One X's 720p SuperLCD2.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/19/lg-optimus-g-review-a-quad-core-powerhouse-with-nexus-aspiratio/

Side-by-side with the Galaxy Note II:
lgoptimusgreviewlead06-1350632540.jpg

This time the 13MP camera wins (and wins against the One X and the GS3 as well):
lgoptimusgreviewlead07.jpg

Note: the 8MP also oses against both the One X and the GS3.

I wonder why the camera is better this time around.

Last edited:

That's quite believable but there are a few devices out there running Android 4.2 that are still unknown. Only Nexus devices will have Android 4.2 at this stage in development.

This is from two weeks ago and there's definitely an AOSP running phone in the mix that isn't the LG Nexus.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...w-phone-and-a-new-nexus-tablet-both-motorola/

This is from today:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...-data-is-this-the-official-name-of-the-manta/

Things will be incredibly interesting between now and the 29th as more and more information leaks out.

That's quite believable but there are a few devices out there running Android 4.2 that are still unknown. Only Nexus devices will have Android 4.2 at this stage in development.

This is from two weeks ago and there's definitely an AOSP running phone in the mix that isn't the LG Nexus.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...w-phone-and-a-new-nexus-tablet-both-motorola/

This is from today:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...-data-is-this-the-official-name-of-the-manta/

Things will be incredibly interesting between now and the 29th as more and more information leaks out.

I hope that you are correct. However, this can be explained. Phones are typically in testing for 6 months before release. Google is giving OEMs earlier access to unfinished versions of Android. This could simply be OEMs testing future hardware on 4.2. Once 4.2 is complete, the OEM can adapt their customizations for the final rounds of testing.

Speculation on by part based on what I know or think I know about the process. I would prefer that you be right though. We need more stock phones.

This is from today:

That makes it sounds as if they are even unsure there will be an official Nexus announcement at all ? Just a sneak preview of future products in the works only ?

The main man is Matias Duarte, for Nexus announcements, is he listed as being a speaker ? If Duarte won't be there, then I would not expect a Nexus reveal, maybe there is another event in November, not mentioned yet ?

As to other new Nexus phones coming this Fall, besides the LG Nexus 4 ? I suppose there could be, and Google has kept it top secret with no leaks at all, but so far that still seems doubtful. I again go back to the iPhone5 leaks, Apple said they were keeping the new phone top secret, but it was all over the internet months before release. If there is a Motorola Nexus or HTC Nexus-Four, we should have heard about it already.

If i was a betting man, I would expect just two new Nexus devices this Fall, and nothing else;

Phone = LG Nexus 4

Tablet = Samsung Nexus 10.1

But I could be surprised, and maybe every OEM will indeed make their very own Nexus stock Android phone, but I just don't see that happening right now, or we should have seen leaks already, maybe that is something in the works for early next year Spring time, but not next month ? Who knows ?

Not sure if it was posted, but the Sony Nexus was faked. It's pretty interesting to see how these false rumors start and are tracked from the source though. I'm glad that he published that write up following the debunking of the phone.

Garbage. Yeah, it's looking like there will only be a LG Nexus phone this time around. I was really hoping there would be other Nexus phones by other OEMs. Prolly won't matter to me much anyways since I'm still on Verizon for the next 18 months at least and I doubt another Nexus phone will come to Verizon :(.

The notion that Motorola is testing android 4.2 before any other oems are just isn't probable unless Motorola is making a Nexus is just a silly notion. Google owns Motorola, in case people forget. It's not completely unfeasible that Google would be testing code on their own devices prior to giving it to other oems.

Maybe The Verge got a bad sample?

Link to the Verge review: http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/15/3506326/lg-optimus-g-review-att-sprint The images are much softer on the 13MP Sprint model.

Probably cause of the continuous auto focus that samples were skewed i.e. their samples weren't focusing on the same point, which can make one image look sharper than the other. The verge should have realized this, since they mention the continuous auto focus in the camera app as a major flaw.

You speak as if "softer" is a good thing.

I prefer the 8MP shots. More crisper, better quality and more accurate color reproduction.
But look at the shots from Engadget. It's pretty clear that the 13mp is superior in almost every image they had. So the question is way the Verge and Engadget are that different. I'll leave the conspiracy theories up to you.

http://thenextweb.com/google/2012/1...-announce-at-its-android-event-on-october-29/

These guys claim to have confirmed everything that's getting announced at the Google even. I'm not really excited about the next Nexus. I am excited about the Nexus 10. So I'm thinking of getting a Note 2 and Nexus 10 when they are released.

Thanks for the link :) So looks like three devices are being announced the 29th;

- Nexus 7 tab 32gb + 3G/HSPA+

- LG Nexus 4 phone

- Samsung Nexus 10.1 tab with ultra high resolution

In case anybody still had doubts, I can personally confirm 32GB Nexus7s are in stores and waiting for the announcement.

In case anybody still had doubts, I can personally confirm 32GB Nexus7s are in stores and waiting for the announcement.

Nice. At this point, I don't think there are any doubts or surprises, though I would love for there to be a surprise with the Nexus 4, either a 32GB model or one with expandable storage.

And that render has already been debunked. According to those pictures it's running AOKP...AndroidPolice already shredded these pictures.

Will the Nexus look something like that? Yep but those pictures aren't the ones from next week.

OK thanks. Just have to wait few more days, until official announcement.

I am loling so hard at those comments. The author claims that it is a render based on what someone saw. This is met with claims of, "omg fake," and "clearly photoshopped!" What part of "render" do people not understand?
I think androidandme links should be banned like N C I eks links.

The specs on the LG Nexus 4 are top notch. Ok the 8gb storage blows, I am sure there will be 16gb versions, possibly 32gb. But besides that everything is top of the line; Best processor, Best GPU, 2gb RAM, Great screen probably the 2nd best smartphone screen on the market today, and battery life is supposed to be really good too.

Take the LG sticker off the back, and replace it with a Samsung or HTC sticker, and people would be going ape sh!t crazy happy for this phone. I think the LG branding is scaring people off.

Take the LG sticker off the back, and replace it with a Samsung or HTC sticker, and people would be going ape sh!t crazy happy for this phone. I think the LG branding is scaring people off.

Damn right it is. Especially since it'll be right from Google, rather than a carrier. Once your two weeks are up, you have no recourse if the phone turns out to be a piece of LG, I mean piece of shit. IF I bite on this phone, I might get it from Amazon, even if it's more expensive, just because of their amazing return policy.

Damn right it is. Especially since it'll be right from Google, rather than a carrier. Once your two weeks are up, you have no recourse if the phone turns out to be a piece of LG, I mean piece of shit. IF I bite on this phone, I might get it from Amazon, even if it's more expensive, just because of their amazing return policy.

Does the Play Store 15 minute refund policy apply to the devices too? :D

Well that confused things :). I do believe there will be a Motorola Nexus, but not until Fall 2013. And Key Lime Pie being named 4.2.2 makes no sense. But what do I know ? Let's wait till the 29th, see what El Goog has to officially say about all this.

If the rumors are true, any company can release a Nexus any time they want once KLP is out - all they have to do is follow the guidelines and get Google to approve the device. If that's the case, doesn't have to be a full year before Moto puts one out.

Last edited:
i just buyed a i9250 and is my firt google phone. i really love it!! but is it normal that the battery last less then a day? i come from a focus flash...

Back