What brand memory sticks are you running? POLL

What brand?

• Total voters
I've used Corsair in my last several builds, current box has 16GBs of 4x4GB 1600Mhz DDR3 from them. Never had a problem with their memory, and it's usually around the cheapest or close to it on newegg.

Mushkin in my rigs at home and work, GSkill in the work laptop and several recent builds.

I'm quite surprised at Kingston being a minority! I love Gskill, I hate Corsair; but I have Kingston HyperX in my system. 1600 CL10 1.35v 8gb sticks x2: I would gladly buy another set if given the chance: but this particular product was only sold briefly in Australia. I can't find it anywhere now!

Corsair 4gbx2 1600mhz dd3 in my current build to match all my other corsair components. used g.skill in the past. never had any issues with either. might try samsung ram in my next build since i read they overclock like crazy but i doubt i would notice any difference in day to day use.

Last edited:
G.Skills is a shocker for RAM modules. High failure rates on there Ripjaws series.

I voted others. Been only using Kingston HyperX, Corsair Dominators and Mushkin Redlines for there high reliability and performance.

The secret magical Samsung sticks. I'm probably going to cry if they ever fail since they are discontinued. They can be purchased still, but at jacked up prices now.

Mushkin, Corsair, and G.Skill are my go to's, depending on the budget and the application. Currently running 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws Z 1866Mhz 8x4GB, my first set of G.Skill and I am rather impressed with the stability tbh. I was able to OC to 5.1Ghz and then kick this RAM to 2133Mhz and it benched out solid at 9-10-9-28. Will always have a place in my heart though for Mushkin RAM, and you simply cannot ignore the Corsair Dominator Platinum sticks, they are just sexy.

201305120012.png

Corsair 4gbx2 1600mhz dd3 in my current build to match all my other corsair components. used g.skill in the past. never had any issues with either. might try samsung ram in my next build since i read they overclock like crazy but i doubt i would notice any difference in day to day use.

its very hard to find the samsung wonder ram nowadays.

I have been mainly running G.Skill RAM for a few years. Recently had one stick of Ripjaws X 1600MHz go bad, but the RMA seems to be going smoothly (so far). I've recommended and installed G.Skill memory in quite a few family and friend builds without issue.

Currently using some Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP (two 16GB kits on a P67 motherboard) and am impressed. Runs great at rated timings and voltage (1.35V). I was a little nervous about using 32GB, but so far no issues.

I had some bad experiences with older Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz memory (1.65V). Two 4GB kits went bad on me in quick succession on both a P55 board and an AMD setup I built. To be fair, the RMA process was excellent! I ended up throwing away the last kit that went bad as memory prices crashed and it wasn't worth the postage.

Last edited:
Samsung! But for the longest time I was using Kingston because they are so damn cheap.

I've got a pretty wide variety in all the machines in my house, I won't bother to list them all, just the ones I use.

Gaming rig (see sig): 4x 2GB DDR3 @1600mhz Crucial Ballistix Tracer
HTPC: 2x2GB DDR2 @800mhz Gskill
Office rig: 4x 1GB DDR2 @1066mhz Corsair XMS2
Work laptop: 2x4GB DDR3 @1600mhz Corsair Vengeance

Samsung 30nm 1600 1.35v best ram to date to bad you cant find it anymore gearing up for ddr4?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00592002W/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got my Samsung ram from there. One of the best ram modules I ever owned!! If it could cook I would marry it:)

Oh and why isn't Samsung on that list? It should be.

Wow I can't believe that you have to pay $100 for 8gb now. I bought 16gb of the Samsung Ram for a grand total of $70. I didn't even need the 2nd set that I bought, but looking at the prices now, I'm glad I made the purchase a few months ago.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Patriot 2x8GB @1600. Under $100 at the time I purchsed.

I've always eyed Mushkin. Redlines are pretty neat :cool:

Always used Corsair apart from an old P4 build that used Rambus memory from Samsung if I remember correctly.

Edit: That is for desktop, my Lenovo laptop have Micron memory I think.

Samsung, Low profile, 1.35v, DDR3 1333, 4X4GB

Crucial in my gaming system, Team Group in the secondary system, and G.Skill in my backup system.

Back