What AV to purchase?

Wrench00

2[H]4U
Ok I am sick of AVG 8.0 Its slow and annoying. AVG 7 was the bomb but this crap of 8 is just stupid.

I want a good AV software.. I am willing to payfor it.

I just want AV software no antispyware crap or link scanning or other bloat that I can readily get for free on the net. (I have SPYbot I donate for anyway) I don't ever go to any questionable sites and I don't use IE.

I looked at

Avira
Nod32
BitDefender
Kaspersky..

What else is good that is just a simple slim Antivirus?

NOD32 is really the only answer you're going to get, and for good reason.

NOD32 is pretty frickin' slick. I won't put another AV on my system. If you look around enough, you can find it at a pretty good discount (Newegg will run it 25-50% off from time to time) and it's well worth the money.

Yeah I had pretty good inkling that Nod32 was the only choice..

New Egg does me no good I am in South Korea.

Its ok the subscription is good for two years any way

Yeah I had pretty good inkling that Nod32 was the only choice..

New Egg does me no good I am in South Korea.

Its ok the subscription is good for two years any way

If you have any computer conventions around, you can check them out. I saw Nod32 in Taipei at the TICO convention a month ago. They were offering a 5-year subscription for a good deal. Seems like they have pretty good coverage of conventions and stuff, so that might be a place to look.

Otherwise, get someone you trust to order it on the English website (I think it's cheaper after currency conversion) and send you the code. Or you could try using a proxy.

NOD32 is really the only answer you're going to get, and for good reason.

No it's not. Go with Avira (free), disable the ad, and enjoy. Better detections and removal than NOD, just as light as well.

Avira +1. I installed on my friend's computer on the weekend. I noticed that it is light on resources, but make sure you disable adnotify.exe.

NOD32. Period.
Avira lacks a bunch of settings and functionality that NOD32 has- I've tried alot of AVs and NOD32 is the ONLY one I would actually put money down for.

Gotta love it when some company puts out a free product and some people STILL FUCK THEM OVER by hacking the software to block ads. My god... what is it with you people? :) Stop being so fucking cheap and buy some software for a change, or stop blocking so many advertisements on free software, good lord.

I just use BitDefender.

No ads to hack. No "resident scan" to disable. Nothing to purchase.

Just install and go.

Nod32 , although Ive been trying out Blink from eeye.com and so far its fairly lightweight like Nod32 is.

Back