What are your personal favorite PS3 Beat'Em Upz?

teletran8

2[H]4U
So I've owned a PS3 for a year and a quarter. I finished GT5, FFXIII, Ni No Kuni, long simulaty crafting type/character building games. I've been craving a different genre and realized they still make beat'em ups in 2d and 3d is more popular these days.

I have Bayonetta and will be trying to finish it any day now. I also have the Sonic Ultimate Collection with Streets of Rage 1,2,3 Altered Beast and Golden Axe. I consider everything that is hack n slash a beat em up, even God of War is a beat em up to me. What games should I be picking up after Bayonetta? Is Dead Rising 2 any good? What about Anarchy Reigns anyone own that here? Who has played Double Dragon Neon and finished it, is it worth it?

What are your fav beat em ups for the PS3?

So I've owned a PS3 for a year and a quarter. I finished GT5, FFXIII, Ni No Kuni, long simulaty crafting type/character building games. I've been craving a different genre and realized they still make beat'em ups in 2d and 3d is more popular these days.

I have Bayonetta and will be trying to finish it any day now. I also have the Sonic Ultimate Collection with Streets of Rage 1,2,3 Altered Beast and Golden Axe. I consider everything that is hack n slash a beat em up, even God of War is a beat em up to me. What games should I be picking up after Bayonetta? Is Dead Rising 2 any good? What about Anarchy Reigns anyone own that here? Who has played Double Dragon Neon and finished it, is it worth it?

What are your fav beat em ups for the PS3?

I'm not a "beatem up" fan myself, but if that's what you're looking for then Dead Rising is not the answer. Great games, but definitely not a beatem up.

You should give the Devil May Cry series a serious look. They have the collection out on PS3 which has Devil May Cry 1-3 in HD. I want to get it myself. I think Devil May Cry 1 was the best of the series although i haven't played the recently released reimagined one. Can't think of anything else off hand to suggest with what you're looking for.

My favorites, the Capcom Dungeons and Dragons games, are available for PS3. There's also Dragon's Crown which came out recently.

devil may cry 3 is the best of all dmc games. dmc 1 then dmc4 dmc2 and the new one are weak.

Have you tried Castlevania: Lords of Shadow? You can find used really cheap or buy the collection that includes all the DLC for $35 or $40.

My favorite game probably of all time is GodHand. It was a PS2 title originally, but it's available for PS3 via PSN. It's also hard as balls.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (Meh)
Dragon's crown
Darksiders 2
Heavenly Sword

I haven't played all of these, but they more or less fit the genre.

I really liked the new DMC game and I think the old ones are well worth it.

I thought Castlevania lords of shadow was kind of boring in comparision. I didn't like the combat system that much. It just felt slower. I found myself hating the main character because he looks really muscly and it kept making me think how much faster he could be if he didn't have so many hideous muscles.

Not highly rated but you can try

Splatterhouse (actually has Splatter house 1/2/3 unlockable built-in)
Lollipop Chainsaw
Heavenly Sword
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition
Spiderman: Web of Shadows (a bit repetitive but has up to 4 endings upon your decisions through the game)
Deadpool (a bit broken combat but worth of a rental as it should only take 6hrs to beat it)

These are probably more known:
Batman AA, AC, AO
Infamous 1,2 (dunno if this really is beat'em up)

God of War 3
Diablo 3 (definitely worth a play on the console if you haven't played it on the PC)

Back