What are your favorite Asian based websites,for buying region free games from ?

BDuncan

n00b
Excluding the Play Asia website (who are cool and all, but I just want to know who else is around), can anyone please give links to any Asian only based websites (available both in their own language and also in English) you most admire and recommend, who sell a great range of region free PS3, Xbox and Wii games.

Sony is the rootkit of all evil. I used to be a big fan untill I had to take Sony hardware to service. Was obvious they hated their customers.

Later their business practises, lawsuits, rootkits etc. have proven they're MUCH better off without my money.

I buy from play-asia.com and also hemiyashop. Hemiya is only for my Japanese PC games.

Yep... havent bought any sony products since this.

Have you bought any Nintendo products? They started their career in suing people out of existence by bringing down the iron fist on Tengen (of TETRIS and GAUNTLET fame) in 1988, eventually running them into bankruptcy. They have been known as the industry bully to third party developers and it has hurt non-first party development for their systems even to this day.

With Microsoft, I don't even know where to begin. Even with limiting it to just its gaming division, the list goes quite a while. You know how there hasn't been any good Mechwarrior games in... forever? Licensing hell thanks to MS. Notice how MS went from one of the better PC publishers to... not existent PC publishing ever since the Xbox came out? You like having MS either brick your homebrew Xbox or you having to spend hundreds of dollars extra on their accessories (hard drive)?

All three companies, while all having done some great things to expand the industry, shit on the little guy; if you're going to get all moral about buying, you might as well quit console and most PC gaming all together.

R.I.P. Lik-Sang

Sony sued them into bankruptcy for selling Japanese PSPs to the UK before the Europe launch when Sony's own UK executives were ordering their consoles from Lik-Sang! I also have never purchased a Sony product since then.

Way to not read the post above you, Spare-Flair.

Way to make a ridiculous personal slight for no rational or intelligent reason whatsoever. Way to lump togther Lik-Sang, an exceptional video-game webstore catering to a global audience with an obscure games publisher who tried to circumvent the system and who's only hit was R.B.I. Baseball 20 years ago...and Microsoft's own legitimate business practices with wanting to expand their home console versus home software business? I have nothing personal invested in small developers or the machinations of the software industry. I have however, had many brilliant and pleasurable transactions with Lik-Sang, some in person. Whatever Nintendo or Microsoft does has yet to affect something personal to me (and I am well aware of their past litigation history and F.Y.I. Nintendo was once the small-fry itself, see Universal City Studios, Inc. v. Nintendo Co., Ltd.).

Nintendo fighting against 3rd party developers is what saved the videogame industry in the first place. Atari did not insulate themselves from 3rd party games and therefore the industry was flooded with garbage games that Atari had to compete with in pricing and development time (resulting in even more crappy games)... eroding public trust and creating the video-game crash of 1983! Microsoft is fully justified in buying up whatever liscenses it wants and to spend whatever resources (even if it costs them billions) they want to expand their presence in the living room versus the computer room. Sony shutting down one of my personal favorite stores (which was operating legitmately) for a pointless reason such as people in a certain part of the world spending their own hard-earned money to purchase already released Sony products ahead of the release date in a certain country (even when it's their own employees) is unwarranted and unjustified.

Way to contribute nothing worthwhile to the forum.

Way to take the internet as serious business :p Calm down boy, I won't bite. Raging on the internet isn't going to bring Lik-Sang back, neither is not buyng Sony products. Every big company has their dark side and every big company will rape the little guy just because they can, even if they were a litte guy in the past. Thats not only the tech industy, but just about every industy. Welcome to big business. Just because something doesn't effect you (Microsoft and Nintendo) doesn't make them any less important.

Also, if contributing something "worthwhile" to the forums involves talking about things I have no control over and typing like I have a stick up my ass, I suppse I'll continue to be worthless and just offer tech help/support, insight, and meaningful discussion. Man, I sure am useless. ;)

Have you bought any Nintendo products? They started their career in suing people out of existence by bringing down the iron fist on Tengen (of TETRIS and GAUNTLET fame) in 1988, eventually running them into bankruptcy. They have been known as the industry bully to third party developers and it has hurt non-first party development for their systems even to this day.

Actually if I remember the chain of events correctly, Tengen was unhappy with Nintendo's 5 game per developer per year policy.

They released 3 games without incidient and they were working on reverse engeineering the NES-10.

In desperation, Tengen turned to the United States Copyright Office. Their lawyers contacted the government office to request a copy of the Nintendo lock-out program, claiming they needed it for potential litigation against Nintendo. Once obtained, they used the program to create their own chip that would unlock the NES. When Tengen launched the unlicensed versions of their games, Nintendo immediately sued Tengen for copyright and patent infringement. In the initial phases of trial, the court sided with Nintendo, but the sides settled before the matter was fully resolved.

Nintendo only sued AFTER they stole the patent for their lockout chip.

Tengen was sued again in 1989 for releasing a copy of Tetris, when Nintendo had secured the rights to it also.

Nintendo's tacticts while very heavy handed did manage to save the industry.

Now basically they get to sit back and LOL at the pure amount of cash the Wii is making them.

Why would you buy from an asian store when you can go down to walmart and get a US version for the same price?

Back