What are you working on?

KodiakStar

/'s by 0
Any special projects going?

New computers... new workstation.. anything fun and exciting?

Post pics if you got em!

Does a new remote control glider count?

Not ready to make the next upgrade from the system in my signature. Waiting for ATI to come out with their new graphics cards before I decide if I upgrade in the fall or wait for the spring.

Computer building competition at work. Got the main rig down for cleaning, maintainance, and light fixture testing. Tommrow is the big day event!! Doing my last tests of prime95 while I get some sleep now. Hopefully this will win it all. :D

I'm combinging a working dell 5100 lappy with a dead 5150 to make a freaking sweet lappy, its of course going to fold QMD's for me :) Just got a hold of the 5150 last night and began taking it apart, transforming the 5100 tonight most likely. The 5100 is low end, the 5150 was a beast when it was working, too bad the 5100 can't handle the 3.06 :(

I'm working on getting my three idle computers running Mages Anti-Foldserver. I'm also writing a comparison article of the Vosonics X's Drive 3320 compared to their other photo card backup solutions. It's for a technical writing class. I strongly recommend the X's drive 3320 you can check it out here. No I don't work for them; just a happy customer. :)

-MN Scout

Hmm... today's the first day I've actually been working... :D

The rest of the time has been conspiring on fun stuff to do!

Building a P4-3.0 tonight, and an A64 3000+ Friday. Not much else going on.

Oldbenwa

Working on getting this stupid 2.8P4 up and folding... Doesn't seem to want to get an OS installed on it though. :rolleyes:

I'll be building a disk array (3 300gb Maxline III's (is that enough 3s or do I need more?)) within the next few weeks. Software raid 5, EVMS, xfs, <3. Stirred, not shaken.

And of course classes. They're starting to suck - homework season is starting.

I'm waiting a few months before I buy any new comp stuff. I hardly ever touch my desktop Athlon XP mobile now that I have my laptop. I eventually plan on moving and making it a HTPC though, and getting an Athlon 64 x2, most likely early next year.

Trying to get this client's PC stable (right on wood trash can).

Also, extending my main machine to 3 monitors, new video card on the way.

project_small.jpg

Full image
http://www.technoblog.com/hard/project_big.jpg

That thing? It's branded as GoogleGear (now ZipZoomFly). No, it's got about 12 fans all running on that front panel switcher. I put 2 120mm fans on the top but I had to steal the back one for other cooling purposes. It needs water cooling, it dies if it goes up a couple degress in my room/office.

Oh, also working on a 300gb SATA external FW/USB enclosure.

30ish school rigs, 3.0E's and 2.8E's

Security software is ruining everything, and the client is doing REALLY odd things...most of the 3.0E's can't work through a unit and then the ones that are turning in WUs are folding for anonoymous and team 0. -_______-

The 2.8's are still sitting there sadly =/ The admin isn't around when I have free time, and vice versa.

gwai lo said:
30ish school rigs, 3.0E's and 2.8E's

Security software is ruining everything, and the client is doing REALLY odd things...most of the 3.0E's can't work through a unit and then the ones that are turning in WUs are folding for anonoymous and team 0. -_______-

The 2.8's are still sitting there sadly =/ The admin isn't around when I have free time, and vice versa.

Sad to see all that power going to waste. Hope you get things straightened out , we could use the power about now.

Good luck.

studying micro biology. Confusing but interesting. And looking at builidng my roomie a budget A64 gaming system to replace his Athlon 1ghz rig he has going right now.

chileman said:
Trying to get this client's PC stable (right on wood trash can).
maybe it would be more stable on the floor? if that isn't stable enough lie it down on its side?

i'm waiting to a) get money for birthday or b) have people call about work and get money for my birthday. then i can (finally) replace the power supply in my lower end athlon box and start cranking out UD wus again.

also waiting for my dad to get some dells going, so i can ask about borging...

i'm invincible!

rogue_jedi said:
maybe it would be more stable on the floor? if that isn't stable enough lie it down on its side?

i'm waiting to a) get money for birthday or b) have people call about work and get money for my birthday. then i can (finally) replace the power supply in my lower end athlon box and start cranking out UD wus again.

also waiting for my dad to get some dells going, so i can ask about borging...

i'm invincible!

Nah, it's running a micro power supply and the thing can't cool itself. Just picked up an Antec case and PSU at CC I'll be installing.. Yes it's been borged. But in it's current state I wouldn't run it for more than an hour or two.

Laundry

Eating candy

Just got done OC'ing my home rig, made about 1/2 shits bits of difference. Kept the FSB ration at 1/1 so that's good.

Have a system coming in tomorrow for one of my field guys. I'll assemble it and fold over the weekend. New to me, DDR 2 (1 gig) 2 MB cache Intel chips (3.0 GZH) on 945 chipset with a SATA2 (SATA 3.0 GB/sec hell if I know...) hard drive. I'm gonna be interested in the memory bandwidth and cache affect on QMD's. Ohh, and I'm leaving folding installed...on QMD's

Trying, albit rather poorly, to keep most things running around the shop.

I need to get off my butt work on a plan to borg the production machines. Let's just say I've ran several "test" cases with no issues, all off currently (-1.7k PPD or more). I want to do this right and talk with the head cheese and get locked down permission. 99% of this is due to a certain issue of late in which I realized I'd rather keep my job (nothing to do with my actions) I need those power point presentation sometime. I still need to work out a dial up solution for 95% of the production machines (200+ GZH running 24/7). I'm in the process of redoing everything communication wise on these and need to look into XP's auto dial/auto hangup ability.

I'm getting hungry for some Clearspeed/cluster action! The second that client is released, we're doing this up!

Well.. .now that I have net access again here at work.............. not working :D

I'm working on my 4th bridge... about halfway done so far... design is done, just have to design all the rebar....

At home... I've been working on finishing touches on the cat tree I built for my girlfriend's cat, Pepper.... it's one massive structure (hey, that's what happens when you put a civil engineer in charge of designing and building a "simple" structure).... I'll have to post pics once we've finished....

we've also been looking for houses every now and then... trying to save money... trying to lose weight.... trying to find a ring... trying to stay sane.... only really succeeding on a few of those, and it sure as hell ain't the money, the weight, or the sanity part :D

I'm still trying to keep myself from buying 3 or 4 Athlon X2s... not to mention a 19" LCD monitor.... I told my girlfriend I was having a hard time justifying a new monitor and/or new PC and she said "Is the "want" not enough justification?"..... God I love her :D

So if anyone is willing to donate to the "Help Randy buy a house and ring and get his life started" Fund..... feel free to send me a PM :D

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

I'm still deferring any and all actual work to the back burner unless its a major crisis, as contest planning and stuff is still taking up the majority of my time.

Too bad this morning we had a crisis and contest planning got shoved on the back burner... :(

I'm getting a new tv/dvd player in on the 4th, so once that is in i will take a desk that i threw together (wood) and break it down, redesign into a tv/dvd stand... nothing too fancy..

im working on paying my rent and starting a business, but come this winter i can have much more than just my 3500+ and dual 1.0 p3's back in NY. once the electric bill is minor enough i will finally move all my boxen out here and get another ~20ghz or so running. many pics when the time comes :)

I'm imaging a couple more computers to enter my labs at work. Also, at work, I'm preparing my grad school applications, doing some reading on the inauthenticity of the culture industry, and debating whether or not I want to spent the money to get a coffee.

Back