What are you? (Titan Quest)

has anyone tried using all points in a single mastery instead of getting a second mastery? i dont think you'd gain anything extra, but would be interesting to try

I just started as well, and I must say the game is beautiful. I'm a level 3 warrior. I think it will be a nice game for the summer...at least until Madden 07 comes out for my 360. :D

I'm up to lvl 33. My pet earth elemental is lvl 15 al nealry maxxed out in his first skill. I'm still using the 2 Ramses armor pieces (lid and gloves), but in Asia found Yin and Yang (the weapons from the Emporer's blue set): theyre both swords, one with a white particle effect and the other with black. I found Yin first and farmed the hell out of the Terra Cotta king hoping to get Yang but no blues came. It popped up pretty far into China. Holy jesus these 2 together are insane. I'm dealing ~270 dps and totally loving this game! D2 never compelled me to get a complete set of anyhting; now I want the Emporers stuff...can't wait to start the next difficulty.

Only died twice on my first time through on normal. Epic is a bit nastier though, both projectile and magic attacks appear to be doing much more damage to me, while mine are kind of wimpy.

I've had to change up my style a bit, just sit back and let the lich do all the work while I take out the casters he is weak to.

It appears that the sets are specific to a certain region, which is kind of a bummer. I don't really want to farm a region for a set, i'd rather just slowly accumulate it as I go through from beginning to end. I seem to remember arguing this point on D2 a loooong time ago.

Will hit 28 and/or 29 tonight on my spirit/earth build. I do agree that the fully maxxed out lich king is nice, but the elemental still needs a little work to get him to the same level. Haven't really had much trouble so far with any of the bosses. Died more from regular mob swarming than from any bosses.
That said, i'm about halfway into the china episode and hope to finish it today or tomorrow and start on the next difficulty level.
Got the ramses leggins and the odysseus bp so far but only using staffs as i want a purer mage type character.

lol got this helm tonight ...

lolhelm.jpg

Ranger (Hunting/Nature) level 22.

I was a lvl 10 warfare guy, thinking of dualing spirit. Then a hard crashed killed that character. forever. It'd be nice if the game used individual save/character files like NWN and whatnot. Oh well, I started a Hunter who is actually better I think. She will be Hunter/Defense eventually. Of course, frequent backups are on the agenda this time.

i just rerolled and i'm working on a ternion oracle and oh my god its like putting the game on easy. they really need to nerf spell casters a bit and buff melee.

HedgeHodge said:
i just rerolled and i'm working on a ternion oracle and oh my god its like putting the game on easy. they really need to nerf spell casters a bit and buff melee.

Yeah I started as a caster but decided to switch to melee, it's more challenging and I'm enjoying it even more.

HedgeHodge said:

thats weird, i play with my brother, im a storm/spirit, and hes an earth/warfare, and i tend to feel that he's over powered, but he feels im over powered.....so who knows :p

i'm playing as a conquer - Defense/Warfare.

Seems like a pretty solid combination. I'm level 18. I've died 3 times, but I'm not really having any trouble....I just don't like to use health potions.

I have been maxing out the masteries and only choosing the passive skills. My guy can kill anything without even getting hurt at this point because i have a leech life mace that is doing 107dps, as a level 18...that is a lot of damage!

Level 24 conjurer here (earth/spirit). Doling out 174 dps with my bone staff as well as some additional damage courtesy of my liche king. I've died 8 times so far. Three of those times were from being netted and swarmed. The potions just couldn't keep up. Also died the first time I went against the first telkine cause I didn't realize his little helpers were healing him (thought he was doing life drain on me). I like to use life drain alot instead of potions and I have the cascade maxed out so I heal about 400-600 hp when I use it. Consequently I have about 100 or so health potions and about 70 energy potions.
TQchar.JPG

I'm addicted bad....it's like d2 but better.

I've spent so many days logged in this game and still enjoy it
my wife and friends still like and it and we still play a couple times a week.

I"m excited for the expansion coming out at the end of this month!

I'm addicted bad....it's like d2 but better.

I've spent so many days logged in this game and still enjoy it
my wife and friends still like and it and we still play a couple times a week.

I"m excited for the expansion coming out at the end of this month!

I've only been playing a month, but I'm addicted too...can't stop. My level 30 warrior (my only character so far) is Chang'an in normal mode right now. Great fun. I'm glad I waited to get the game. I'll probably be finishing the game in normal mode, or starting epic, right around the time the expansion comes out.

This is Bruce Campbell, my Summoner/Skeleton Slayer. She's still learning the correct wording for "Clatu Verata Nictu" and she's almost there, but in the meanwhile she's taking all my friggin time. Have the Earth Elemental (close to the end of the game he doesn't last too long anymore) 2 wovles and the pixie. Usually I'll wait for the Elemental to draw aggro, then drop a fireball in there, rush in and smack the hell of everything with my sword of... sword of.... sword of who the hell knows, but it has a blue tag and gives me 230+ dps after all my auras. I 'm just hoping I finish the main game before the expansion comes out.

I've tried the hunter/rouge and warcraft/spirit. Both are pretty lame. The hunter was good for ranged attacks. The warcraft bitch I made can't stand group attacks but she kills undead like butter.

The undead in TQ suck.

You guys are just now getting around to this? Yowza.

I have two or three level 65 characters. My favorite was a Conqueror (Warfare/Defender) that did about 10,000dps, most of it piercing damage. I'll put up a pic or something tonight after work if I can remember.

I can't wait for the expansion though.

^ Can't find a skill combination that I like, so I keep restarting the game.

This is the warfare/spirit

fdsahc5.jpg

I have two or three level 65 characters. My favorite was a Conqueror (Warfare/Defender) that did about 10,000dps, most of it piercing damage. I'll put up a pic or something tonight after work if I can remember.

10k dps? I guess my level 50 will be a bit behind for the expansion with my sub 1000 dps. Can't remember exactly what the number was, but it was definitely no where near 4 digits.

10k DPS on pierce damage means NOTHING for a conqueror. I've seen plenty of people with Brigands (rouge/hunting) with DPS around 65k, but it doesn't really matter since they'll die in a couple of hits in late Legendary mode.

Stopped playing when I got new lcd. 6800gt didn't quite like 1680x1050. New comp plus 7900gs should make for a nice playing experience :D. I'm assuming that I should probably finish the game before the expansion comes out. Now to decide what class to play...

Stopped playing when I got new lcd. 6800gt didn't quite like 1680x1050. New comp plus 7900gs should make for a nice playing experience :D. I'm assuming that I should probably finish the game before the expansion comes out. Now to decide what class to play...

Here's a nice little site that'll help you A LOT in planning a character in TQ.

http://www.titancalc.com/

Hmm, interesting. More than likely I'll end up playing a ranger. I've played an archer/range type character in any rpg/mmorpg since eq :p. Just gots to :D.

Just bear in mind that you can focus 100% of your efforst into being an archer in this game without having to actually be a "ranger". Indeed, you could even drop all your skill points into Hunting alone. I wouldn't actually recommend that, but I have seen viable builds that involved placing all but 32 points into Hunting, with the 32 points in the other skill only being used to pump the other skills mastery for the stat bonuses....

However, it is more efficient to find a second mastery that compliments hunting with passives, like adding Rogue to become a Brigand... Rogue allows you to add some fairly effective bleeding damage to your bow for just 20 additional points beyond the 32 for getting the max stat bonuses. This way you are actually a pure archer, as opposed to with Nature, which turns you into a pet-monger more than an archer.

I had a level 4x Ice/ Hunting character. Then some patch in the early fall made my char completely useless, so I quit. It was a rather addictive game. I was in the 3rd difficulty Egypt before quitting.

Just bear in mind that you can focus 100% of your efforst into being an archer in this game without having to actually be a "ranger". Indeed, you could even drop all your skill points into Hunting alone. I wouldn't actually recommend that, but I have seen viable builds that involved placing all but 32 points into Hunting, with the 32 points in the other skill only being used to pump the other skills mastery for the stat bonuses....

However, it is more efficient to find a second mastery that compliments hunting with passives, like adding Rogue to become a Brigand... Rogue allows you to add some fairly effective bleeding damage to your bow for just 20 additional points beyond the 32 for getting the max stat bonuses. This way you are actually a pure archer, as opposed to with Nature, which turns you into a pet-monger more than an archer.

Really liking the sound of the Brigand, going to have to look into that. And got the 7900gs installed today; hooray for not lagging :D. Got a decent overclock out of it too.

Rogue/Hunter is my favorite combination so far as well.

They seem to do the most damage shy of my Earth/Storm Mage.

Both are my favorite build, but I think I like the rogue hunter the best because of the variety you can choose if you want to use spears/swords/bow and none of it takes a hit.

Defense = maces
Warfare = swords/axes
Rogue = sword/spear
Hunter = spear/bow
Sprit/Nature/Earth/Storm = staff.

Make your combination based on these.

I've geared my summoner to be mainly a melee character. I usually have a staff as a secondary weapon, but their DPS is never enough compared to the blades I've been finding.

Been playing this game for the last week. Pretty sweet so far. I went with a pure magic character (storm/earth) and its proving to be quite fun. I have a nice staff that is bit slow for me, but I have pumped up the ice/torrent skills and is starting to be my main attack. I am at level 18 doing about 120 dps. The static field/storm surge skill is awesome, to bad its defensive chance to occur if hit item. I don't have to worry about getting surrounded too much now, becuase if I take enough hits, i release so much cold and lightning damage it reminds me of the frost nova in D2.

I am/was a Rogue. I capped out the Rogues skills and I was working on some of the archer ones once I won the game. I think I might end up getting the expansion, so I'll pick back up with that character.
I typically stuck to a hand-axe and bow (with poison always on). I hot-key'd the weapon swap function so I was able to use missile/melee in conjunction really well.
Toward the end of the game I ended up wading into most fights and just slugging it out to save time.

You can pick up the expansion off buy.com for 17 shipped with a new google checkout account and I would suggest it. I got it this weekend and it adds some nice features to the game, most notably higher rate of drops. I had 1 blue and 1 green drop in about 4 hours with this new character I'm making, and in about 2 hours of Immortal Throne I have 2 blues and 6 greens, which helps make the game much more enjoyable. I can't wait to get the stuff to make my first artifact. I'm about a third of the way through egypt, the boring part of the game for me, and can't wait to see Hades.

My new character is a Haruspex (hunting/dream). I'm really only put in hunting skills so far, lvl 19, but I'm excited to see what dream has to offer, the stun features are what made me go dream.

I have Ari (Warfare/Defense) level 65 Rolling with mostly purples (legendary i think.. i just call them epix because of my old WoW ways). That shield bash that the defense class uses is seriously overpowered and so is the green axe i got that adds 70% additional damage. I used to play a lot to collect all the sets but its really hard to find the chestpiece for the lion set and the sword for Huo Quobongs.

I don't have this game yet but I'm seriously considering buying it tonight. A question: I understand you can find various NPCs throughout the game to undo your skill/talent changes - but does this let you switch among the various masteries? That is, could you switch from a storm/defense build to a nature/earth build? The game looks interesting but I'm usually indecisive on character build choices and would love it if I could completely change down the line without starting from scratch.

Back