What are you playing on your deck?

Finally getting around to playing Eastward and enjoying it.

Saw a turn-based Warhamer 40k strategy game was on sale (Chaos Gate Daemon Hunters). Saw some posts saying that it runs well under Proton experimental (it's not marked as a Steam Deck playable title), so figured I'd give it a try as I'm in the hankering for a strategy title. However, when I went to boot up the game at work, it kicked me out for not having an active internet connection. Edit - just read online that the game requires to connect to the internet for its initial install, afterwards it can run fine in offline mode.

I also got the Heroic Games Launcher running on my Deck. Easy enough to use, but definitely more 'trial and error' getting titles to run properly.

Last edited:
Red dead 2. Bought it a year ago and put maybe 2 hours into it. Like any other title that wasn't CSGO I'd play maybe an hour and not pick it back up. Now that I have the Deck I am actually putting time into all of these single player games in my library. Also playing Fable.

Hades rocks on the deck. Like they were made for each other.
It went on sale again for the holiday sale so I went ahead and grabbed it based on your post and the positive reviews. I've just started but so far it looks and plays great!

Bit of advice - once you start getting Titan Blood to upgrade your weapons, stick with your favorite and build it up a lot before diversifying into the others. I made that mistake and regret it. Still fun, just a little harder this way.

Bit of advice - once you start getting Titan Blood to upgrade your weapons, stick with your favorite and build it up a lot before diversifying into the others. I made that mistake and regret it. Still fun, just a little harder this way.
Man, i got stuck early on after unlocking all the weapons and not upgrading any. Really had to farm darkness to upgrade the mirror so i could actually finish runs

Reactions: maro
like this
Yeah that was tough for me too. It gets better once you finish all your mirror upgrades and get some weapon upgrades with the blood. Still challenging though - the game has lots of depth and grows with you

I would have guessed I had a couple hours in at most. But I just checked, almost a dozen. Stupid game is addictive!

Anyone else playing Brotato? So simple and dumb but also maddeningly challenging.
stupid fun. I went in hoping it was like Enter the Gungeon(another game that i still pick up for mindless fun), but its almost as addictive as Vampire Survivors IMO

I'm going to sound like an ancient old man but I like the fact brotato has rounds. When I sit down for Vampire Survivors I know I'll be playing in 30 minutes blocks. Not that I can't pause, but I probably won't. Brotato gives you a bunch of natural breaks so I can get a round in on a work break or something.

If anyone's curious: Yes, you can play Starsiege: Tribes on the Steam Deck installed through Lutris. I had to use Proton 7 to get it running at an acceptable fps. No idea what's up with the buggy disc launcher textures, but it plays the game well enough (unlike me, who's now terrible at the game).

steamdeckhome1.png
sdtribes.png

I'm switching between Death Stranding (og) and Titanfall 2, both run well.

If anyone's curious: Yes, you can play Starsiege: Tribes on the Steam Deck installed through Lutris. I had to use Proton 7 to get it running at an acceptable fps. No idea what's up with the buggy disc launcher textures, but it plays the game well enough (unlike me, who's now terrible at the game).

View attachment 548097View attachment 548098
Texture glitches were common with the OpenGL port of Tribes. It was built from the ground up with 3dfx Glide in mind and the devs later on had a really tough time shoe horning OpenGL into it. It also didn't help that back then most vendor's OpenGL drivers sucked.

You might find better results using a Glide wrapper.

Have a bunch of games on the go right now, but the big one is Cyberpunk 2077, which has been a relatively stable 30 fps for me on the deck.

Also replayed a bit of the Octopath Traveller II demo and that game has been running flawlessly at 60 fps for me now. I probably had it set to a lower TDP and didn't realize it when I had performance issues earlier.

Picked up Final Fantasy VII (the original) during one of the recent sales.

Figured I'd try out the 7th Heaven modding scene, and, it's been great. Enhanced textures, full voice acting, new audio - really impressed how the community has modded this game and it really is a perfect fit on the Deck.

I play mostly with a portable monitor these days. I had been playing Hollow Knight but I did most of what there is to do there, so I moved on to replaying RDR2 with a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Runs surprisingly decent on the Deck.

lies of P runs really well on deck. I really want to compare it on the OLED. This game is tempting to upgrade.

Back