What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Finished RE4. Was overly long and drawn out and some tough mofo boss fights. However, ending redeemed itself. I give it an 8.5/10.
This weekend is all about Jedi Survivor.

So last night I impulse bought the OG Tomb Raiders 1-6 for 97 cents a game since I've always wanted to play them.

After using Glidos, GLRage, TombATI and a few other mods just to make the first 2 playable, I discoverd they had no free mouse look, so I bitched out and refunded them and bought the Legend trilogy instead for like $5, since I've never played those either.

TR Legend plays great, so I'm going to be playing that one all weekend.

So last night I impulse bought the OG Tomb Raiders 1-6 for 97 cents a game since I've always wanted to play them.

After using Glidos, GLRage, TombATI and a few other mods just to make the first 2 playable, I discoverd they had no free mouse look, so I bitched out and refunded them and bought the Legend trilogy instead for like $5, since I've never played those either.

TR Legend plays great, so I'm going to be playing that one all weekend.
Legend series was great... they also did a remake of the original Tomb Raider called "Anniversary" if you want the general story of the 1st one. But yeah, some of those old DOS Glide games did not use mouse whatsoever... lol.

Legend series was great... they also did a remake of the original Tomb Raider called "Anniversary" if you want the general story of the 1st one. But yeah, some of those old DOS Glide games did not use mouse whatsoever... lol.
Yeah I got Anniversary, Underworld and Legend.
I was checking out the Lara Croft series as well, but they all seemed to be isometric and I haven't played anything like that since the NES. :p

Yeah I got Anniversary, Underworld and Legend.
I was checking out the Lara Croft series as well, but they all seemed to be isometric and I haven't played anything like that since the NES. :p
Both Guardian of Light and Temple of Osiris are pretty great. At 85% off and a 2-hour gameplay refund window it's a no-brainer to buy and give them a shot.

Both Guardian of Light and Temple of Osiris are pretty great. At 85% off and a 2-hour gameplay refund window it's a no-brainer to buy and give them a shot.
There is 4 more days to the sale is over, I'll sleep on it and consult my spirit guide.

I'm enjoying my morning coffee and bashing zombie skulls in Dead Island 2. Having a blast so far! I like the various different body types they've introduced with this one. The obese zombies are especially hilarious!

IMG_20230506_105832375.jpg

Reactions: t1k
like this
I would just finish Sushi Ghost. Best game ever.

Myself, only playing Jedi Survivor. Trying to survive the next crash. Amazing game though.
Haven't had a crash yet... the story is getting good the more I play it though, and any "performance" issues are being overruled by my will to want to continue. Overall, the game is awesome so far, if not for release issues, GOTY contender for sure.

I would just finish Sushi Ghost. Best game ever.

Myself, only playing Jedi Survivor. Trying to survive the next crash. Amazing game though.
That's good will wait for it to hit game pass lol I got to many other games to play anyways and it'll be bug free by the time it hits go lol Sucks red fall and benedict games were a bust was looking forward to playing them on game pass... Oh well

Last edited:
More STALKER GAMMA. Can't recommend enough to those who like deep, intense first personshooter/rpg hybrid. It's free, too.

Hopefully the newer SF6 demo and Diablo IV beta. Otherwise, will probably just keep playing Redfall. It isn't a good game, but it's oddly compelling to me.

Sf6 demo?!!? I didn't know they release demo for fighting game lol

There's one demo available right now (story mode + Ryu/Luke in normal vs. mode) and they're releasing a second demo tomorrow that includes 8 characters + online play. The weird thing is that the new demo is technically based on an older build, but it's more focused on the fighting modes vs. story modes.

is that a demo for everyone or just the open beta weekend(have to sign up)? or is it the same thing?

It's the open beta...which I personally consider to be a demo. You still have to sign up, but they've implied that everyone who signs up will have access. Details are pretty sparse, so I don't really know how it's going to work. I signed up for the last two closed betas and wasn't selected. https://www.streetfighter.com/6/ob/en/
The only thing I know for sure is that it's identical to the closed beta from last December. Ryu and Luke + a few game mechanics were tweaked a little between then and now, so some things might work in one and not in the other.

Anno 1800 videos came up on my YouTube feed.

hm. not a cheap game though.

edit: nevermind. GMG is more than straight from Steam. Weird. $40, I think I'll snag it.

Anno 1800 videos came up on my YouTube feed.

hm. not a cheap game though.

edit: nevermind. GMG is more than straight from Steam. Weird. $40, I think I'll snag it.
it's on sale on the ubi store, 15€ for the base game

Some more Gotham Knights but weather is going to be real nice this weekend. Also, I will be going to the Seattle Kraken hockey game tomorrow.

D4 server slam, finish Fallen Order, perhaps finish RE3 Remake, try to move on to RE4 remake.

- Stronghold Crusader. Halfway through the 2nd campaign (30 missions). Classic, fun RTS that I grew up with.
- Starcraft & Brood War (HD Remaster). Playing through the HD remaster. Blizzard did a pretty good job. If I had any complaints, it would be that the artistic tone of the changes (such as the portraits and comic-book scenes) doesn't completely match the original, and perhaps brings it more in line with Starcraft 2 than the original Starcraft. Playing the game again as an adult, I wish there were difficulty options (campaign is too easy).
- Dwarf Fortress Steam Edition. Haven't played for over a decade, and I'm having fun re-learning the gameplay mechanics again. It's definitely a lot more fun having mouse & kb controls. Perfect game to lose yourself in.
- Black Mesa Source. As a Half-Life fanboy, I'm not thrilled with it. I feel like the project took way too long to release, to the point where I lost interest. Not just that, but the appeal of playing Half-Life 1 on the Source engine became diminished because the Source engine grew to be extremely outdated by the time Black Mesa fully released. The arcade-like handling and combat in the orginal game feels superior to me, as well as the shortened Xen section.
- God of War. Very surprised by this game. Was disappointed that it was so different from previous entries in the series but ultimately am happy with how the game plays. Been putting in an hour here and there over the past few months and I feel like this is a very long, meaty game.

Finished TR: Legend and Anniversary. Legend was great, I fucking hated Anniversary! Lara's movement was so fucked up in that one compared to Legend.
Playing Underworld now and it is such a breath of fresh air compared to Anniversary in every way.

The new reboots haven't got shit on the last trilogy when it comes to puzzles and tombs either, I spent hours dying over and over again on Anniversary, that's one game I'm never playing again!

Reactions: t1k
like this
Is RE3 Remake worth finishing lol I still haven't fired it up bc of all the bad reviews I've heard on it
I think so. The game is actually fun to play. If you don't compare it to the original and judge it standing on its own the game is pretty decent.

Finished TR: Legend and Anniversary. Legend was great, I fucking hated Anniversary! Lara's movement was so fucked up in that one compared to Legend.
Playing Underworld now and it is such a breath of fresh air compared to Anniversary in every way.

The new reboots haven't got shit on the last trilogy when it comes to puzzles and tombs either, I spent hours dying over and over again on Anniversary, that's one game I'm never playing again!

I really hate TR:A too. I don't like the way it looks, I don't like the controls, and I don't like the way it plays. It has decent music I guess, but that's about all it has going for it.

I'd rather play the original 1996 game, which is actually enjoyable to play, any day. TR:L/U were better, and the reboot trilogy better than the LAU trilogy overall imo. The first two classic Tomb Raider games are my favorite though and the most iconic.

I think so. The game is actually fun to play. If you don't compare it to the original and judge it standing on its own the game is pretty decent.
I honestly have no idea what the original was like lol it's so old now. I guess if I bought it I might as well play it like you said if it's fun

I been addicted to Skyrim for the last few months. Keep finding new locations, new quest lines to explore.

I am at 195 hours in my current playthrough.
Modded or vanilla? If mods, which?

Back