What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Haven't gamed since I've last posted here. Path of Exile videos have been popping up in my feed. I really don't want to fall into that hole, but I'm getting the itch. I've got so much other crap that needs to get done.

Did Resident Evil Village Shadow of Rose. As someone who enjoyed the main game, the DLC was more of the same. No complaints from me.

Now doing Halo Infinite, should be done soon.

Last of Us if I can.

The first dying light because it's free on epic
Playing it on hard difficulty and getting my a** handed to me

Gonna keep playing through Hogwarts Legacy. It's flawed, but oddly compelling. The goal is to complete it before Jedi Survivor comes out next week. If I get sick of it and blow through the later sections, I'll probably play some more Switchback in VR.

Wiped then reinstalled Fallout 3 with a downgrade patch from 1.0.7.4 to 1.0.7.3.

Ensured the base game with DLC worked properly after NVAC and Stutter Remover were installed then loaded ENB with graphics enhancements disabled. Also disabled Steam Overlay.

Modding and playing Fallout 3 all weekend to see how far I can push it before breaking the game. :D

Picked up a bigger whiteboard other one was too small couldn't list all the games that I wanted to play maybe....

IMG_20230421_072336234.jpg

Finished Rage 2.
Tried playing Project Freedom since I've never played it before, replaced the mpeg.dll with the Dummy mpeg.dll from pcgamingwiki, game was very bad so I nuked it and started playing Alien Rage: Ultimate on hard and holy shit is that game fucking hard!

Finished Alien Rage: Ultimate. Shit was hard af but fun at the same time. Giving some love to Enemy Front that I haven't played in forever.

Dead Island 2.

Very atmospheric. Reminds me of what the pandemic felt like during the first couple of weeks.

On the PC, the game runs really well with no stutters or bugs to speak of - it seems that developers no longer feel the need to release games that are actually ready to play… but this developer nailed it. I’m guessing it’s because they knew they needed to, the game having been in development hell for so long.

A fun, atmospheric zombie game with level design bordering on artistry. Just surprisingly good.

Dead Island 2.

Very atmospheric. Reminds me of what the pandemic felt like during the first couple of weeks.

On the PC, the game runs really well with no stutters or bugs to speak of - it seems that developers no longer feel the need to release games that are actually ready to play… but this developer nailed it. I’m guessing it’s because they knew they needed to, the game having been in development hell for so long.

A fun, atmospheric zombie game with level design bordering on artistry. Just surprisingly good.
That's good to hear. Will likely wait for a sale as I still need to play a bunch not games lol
Playing Ghostwire, RE4 Remake, BF2042 and Cyberpunk side missions.
How's Re4 remake?

RE4 Remake is good. Better than original which I never played due to stop and shoot nonsense. However, this one also has janky controls but bearable. Would've preferred more RE2/RE3 Remake treatment but this is fine as well.

RE4 Remake is good. Better than original which I never played due to stop and shoot nonsense. However, this one also has janky controls but bearable. Would've preferred more RE2/RE3 Remake treatment but this is fine as well.
So what do you think is the best re to date so far?

Last edited:
So what do you think is the best re to date so far?
I really liked 7 and 8 thus far. Shooting had punch to it and storyline was also good.

RE2 remake was also well done. RE3 remake was more of the same but only 5 hours long for me so quite a disappointment.

The only stop and shoot game that I played from start to finish was RE5 which I liked quite a lot way back when.

RE4 is not bad at all and I am liking the boss fights but the close up over the shoulder and slow down while shooting is pissing me off mostly. Finished chapter 4.

I really liked 7 and 8 thus far. Shooting had punch to it and storyline was also good.

RE2 remake was also well done. RE3 remake was more of the same but only 5 hours long for me so quite a disappointment.

The only stop and shoot game that I played from start to finish was RE5 which I liked quite a lot way back when.

RE4 is not bad at all and I am liking the boss fights but the close up over the shoulder and slow down while shooting is pissing me off mostly. Finished chapter 4.
8 is village correct? I still haven't played that one. I always wait on a huge sale and I have so many other fans to still play. I've had RE3 remake for over a yr now but still haven't got around to playing it lol

RE3 is like 5 hours. Should be a fast one to be one and done with. It doesn’t even have replay ability like the RE2 remake.

And yes RE8 is Village.

Last edited:
Playing ye olde Warcraft 2: Battlenet Edition. Love that I can play it natively in Windows 10. :) Fun game! I only had the shareware version growing up and then got the FIRST game. Ugh... what a downgrade. Feels good to finally be playing the second game.

Hooked up my PS3 slim playing Dante's Inferno. Had to look for a extra optical cable to get sound to work. One is being used on my PS5. My saves still work but had trouble signing in. Dante's Inferno looks like great on my LG OLED.

I beat Batman Arkham Origins this weekend. It was soooooo good. Absolutely loved it. Highly recommend it. (Also even higher recommend Arkham City & Arkham Knight)

I beat Batman Arkham Origins this weekend. It was soooooo good. Absolutely loved it. Highly recommend it. (Also even higher recommend Arkham City & Arkham Knight)
I'm played knight awhile back but the car chase scenes were getting to repetitive.. Haven't played it in a long time lol

Tried playing atomic heart but it was just ok.. Kinda repetitive so I shelved it. Resit need to play RE3 remake been having it for over a year lol

I am playing RE3 Remake right now and I'm near the end. For me, this game is punishment, but I want to beat it because I have it and it's short. It feels like a long demo rather than a full priced game. Where the RE2 and RE4 remakes were just right, this one feels a little off. The only thing I can't fault are the great graphics and sound. But the storytelling, dialogue, and gameplay are whack. Nemesis is laugh out loud hilarious in this, as he endlessly pops in out of nowhere and with a new weapon.
It's impressive they were able to crank out RE4 afterwards and it's an awesome game. I guess they can't all be winners.

Path of Exile probably. Could probably use something new. My build is...ok. I haven't done well this league. Poor as shit and I've kind of bottomed out on my build.

Can't do too much with violence or shooting or anything. Kiddo likes to come in and "play" with me. I'll let him hit a few buttons or something.

I am playing RE3 Remake right now and I'm near the end. For me, this game is punishment, but I want to beat it because I have it and it's short. It feels like a long demo rather than a full priced game. Where the RE2 and RE4 remakes were just right, this one feels a little off. The only thing I can't fault are the great graphics and sound. But the storytelling, dialogue, and gameplay are whack. Nemesis is laugh out loud hilarious in this, as he endlessly pops in out of nowhere and with a new weapon.
It's impressive they were able to crank out RE4 afterwards and it's an awesome game. I guess they can't all be winners.
Yeah, nemesis was a meme when it first came out. A scary meme, but meme nontheless. The game was hard, but not punishing like 2, or scary like 1.

Resident Babysitter 4
Jedi Survivor
BF2042
Maybe some MW2 MP

Going to be a good time.
I'm in a discord group for BF2042 and 2 for COD MW2 depending on if I wanna play Hardcore or DMZ. All people I have gamed with for many many years. PM me if you wanna game together sometime!

Just finished off Combat Wings: Battle of Britain and Dogfight 1942.
Started playing Call of Juarez, which I haven't played since like 2010. I'm going to play through Bound in Blood (which is my fav) and Gunslinger (since I've never played it before) as well.

It's going to be a trip down memory lane for sure.

Finished the Last Of Us pc port... this game always worth a replay.

Going to try to give Watch Dogs a full playthrough...always start this but never get too far into it.

Finished the Last Of Us pc port... this game always worth a replay.

Going to try to give Watch Dogs a full playthrough...always start this but never get too far into it.
I played the first Watch Dogs 4 or 5 times all the way through, once you start getting better hacks and stuff it gets better imho. It's the 2nd one that I've tried to play at least 3 times and gave up about an hour into it. 🤷‍♂️

Lol well thanks for telling me that.. I guess I should just uninstall RE3 now lol

Back